Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

K-State

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: K-State
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2014, 10:40:01 AM »
Ok, so I got sucked in. Whatever. I could not resist linking this. You will not believe what you read.  :facepalm:

http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=33028.0

Again, I sincerely hope this is another attempt of satire.

It would seriously be nice if some of those Wizard of Oz hayseeds visited over here. Just sayin....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2014, 10:47:34 AM »
Ok, so I got sucked in. Whatever. I could not resist linking this. You will not believe what you read.  :facepalm:

http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=33028.0

Again, I sincerely hope this is another attempt of satire.

I'm sorry...but I found every one of the posts in the thread you linked funny. That board is pretty damn good...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2014, 10:51:12 AM »
I'm sorry...but I found every one of the posts in the thread you linked funny. That board is pretty damn good...

Funny haha or funny queer?

I will admit, I have laughed at a few myself. Still, the point remains, either those cats have done their homework on local mascots or they are just plain stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2014, 11:06:28 AM »
Funny haha or funny queer?

I will admit, I have laughed at a few myself. Still, the point remains, either those cats have done their homework on local mascots or they are just plain stupid.

They aren't stupid...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2014, 11:29:54 AM »

Some of their stuff is satire. Some of it isn't.

The racial shit gets old. The toothless, uneducated, chewing red man comment shit gets old. And they mean every word of it.

I understand their comments on how bad we are and how good they are - is in good fun and not serious, but the other shit is just ignorance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2014, 11:44:51 AM »
I liked the musical group Kansas...and that actor Harry Dean Stanton. Wasn't he from Kansas?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2014, 01:42:42 PM »
I liked the musical group Kansas...and that actor Harry Dean Stanton. Wasn't he from Kansas?

I close......my....eyes..........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2014, 01:43:40 PM »

Only for a moment and the seasons gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2014, 01:48:07 PM »

You my boy Blue!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2014, 01:59:25 PM »
You my boy Blue!
You gotta get over it Buzz. Dammit Blue was old. That's what old people do. They die.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2014, 02:16:25 PM »
You gotta get over it Buzz. Dammit Blue was old. That's what old people do. They die.
Yeah they do. And fwiw, Harry Dean Stanton is alive but from Kentucky. Unsure about Blue though.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:18:08 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2014, 02:21:17 PM »
After being bored enough to read some more of that shit, I do think they truly believe the Big XII to be superior top to bottom to the SEC. They believe the SEC's dominance is purely media hype.

Granted, it's obvious that they are fucking around with about 90% of it, but I really get the sense that they're pretty confident and they really do think the SEC is extremely overrated. It appears that they expect to win in a shootout, and there is basically no chance that we blow them out by two touchdowns or more.

For example, I don't think this guy is being satirical at all:
Books might bait all the SEC-SEC-SEC lemmings at 7.5, but I doubt it's much over that if at all. Most outside the  SEC-SEC-SEC realize what a fluke the barners were last year & how evenly matched these teams really are.  The best team in your overhyped league got absolutely skull-mumped by OU in the Sugar, NU (a mediocre big 10 team) handled Georgia pretty easily and y'all needed MIRACLES at home to beat both. Talk to me about giving up 21 to piggy AT HOME . They're worse than Iowa State.

However, the proper response to that stuff is pity, not the "Nuh uh, our dicks' bigger" responses I see over there.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:29:58 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2014, 02:27:53 PM »
As GH pointed out:

50,000 seat "stadium" that's not much bigger than some HS FB Stadiums in Tx, Al and Ga.  :taunt:

They guy that gave us his tickets warned us that we would be climbing "pretty high" up in the stadium.

I snickered.

The equivalent location in JHS is the very top of the student section.  We seat more in our lower deck than they do in their entire stadium.  Hell, we had half again as many folks at our spring game as their entire capacity.

And check this al.cum headline:   "Auburn preparing for Kansas State, 'the toughest place to play in the Big 12' "   :sad: :rolleyes:

That's like saying "the sexiest grandma over the age of 95".

The article cracks me right the hell up:
The seating capacity at Bill Snyder Family Stadium is 50,000, but crowds usually surpass capacity. Attendance has eclipsed 53,000 five times and seven of the top 10 crowds in school history have occurred over the last two seasons. :taunt:

"This will likely be our greatest attended game ever," Kansas State athletics director John Currie told the Wichita Eagle. "We actually have not sold standing room-only tickets, because we know our student section will be as full as it has ever been that night. Student attendance is highest on weekdays."

The smallest SEC crowd Auburn played in front of last season (Arkansas, 66,385) far surpasses the attendance at Kansas State games, but K-State picks up recognition from players in the Big 12 as one of the toughest places to play in the conference.

If it's a family stadium, guess it's a good thing most of the X won't be there.  Can't say as how we are what you might call "fambly friendly".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »
As GH pointed out:

They guy that gave us his tickets warned us that we would be climbing "pretty high" up in the stadium.

I snickered.

The equivalent location in JHS is the very top of the student section.  We seat more in our lower deck than they do in their entire stadium.  Hell, we had half again as many folks at our spring game as their entire capacity.

And check this al.cum headline:   "Auburn preparing for Kansas State, 'the toughest place to play in the Big 12' "   :sad: :rolleyes:

If it's a family stadium, guess it's a good thing most of the X won't be there.  Can't say as how we are what you might call "fambly friendly".
It really is in poor taste to carry on a bunch of raucous behavior with old folks and children present at the bloodbath.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:01:01 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
After beating the spread 13 consecutive games, Auburn opens at only -9.5 favorites.

Bet the house, the farm, your horse-drawn carriage, and your sheepwife on Auburn.
Line dropped to -8.5. Delusional Big XIIers are are probably going to continue to drop it all week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2014, 02:46:24 PM »
As GH pointed out:

I snickered.

If Dorothyland werent so far away and a ticket could be had cheaply, I wouldn't mind showing up and raising hell at their Fambly "Stadium". Since you are going, please do not let us down. Show them we actually aren't all retarded. And have our teeth. And don't chew tobacco. And don't have slaves.

Its a brave new world. The new south even. Maybe they should get out more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2014, 02:46:29 PM »
I find it humorous that they have a rat as a mascot.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »
Bill Snyder Family Stadium

This really bothers me....What the fuck is this? 

Like the Mansion Family? 

Jim Jones? 

I got it...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2014, 02:47:45 PM »

Half Rat, Half Human. Brilliant!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2014, 02:49:55 PM »

Gus has a secret weapon.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions