Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

K-State

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: K-State
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2014, 03:14:13 PM »
Yeah, but there is no telling them that. They had already sold out in their mind before the game even started. Regardless if the game would have been squeaky clean, they would have still said AU was lucky more than likely.

I like this test for AU. If there was one little tiny drop of complacency, I'm betting this game disposed of it for both the players and coaches. I'm one who thinks this may very well be what Auburn needed to be more successful the rest of the season.

I concur.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2014, 03:16:56 PM »
Yeah, but there is no telling them that. They had already sold out in their mind before the game even started. Regardless if the game would have been squeaky clean, they would have still said AU was lucky more than likely.

I like this test for AU. If there was one little tiny drop of complacency, I'm betting this game disposed of it for both the players and coaches. I'm one who thinks this may very well be what Auburn needed to be more successful the rest of the season.

Exactly
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2014, 09:15:29 PM »
A few non-game related comments about the experience in The Little Apple.

- Folks were country nice.  Friendly and genuine. Lots of mutual love on teh Twatters today about how we put our best foot forward as the kind of guests they would welcome back. Even their PD tweeted that they had ZERO incidents post game.

- They stayed to the bitter end.  No trudging for the exits even when we hit victory formation. Gotta give them props for that.

-It was SOOOOOOO not loud. Srsly. If that is supposed to be intimidating, um, yeah, thanks for playing. We pipe in noise at practice that's louder than that place.

- Manhattan is in the middle of fucking nowhere and that is not an exaggeration.  It was 2 1/2 hrs from KC, MO and a 20 drive up Bill Snyder Highway (no kidding).  NOTHINGNESS.  It is a tiny little town too, smaller than Auburn.  Probably lots of sheep tipping for fun on weekends, I'm sure. (No cows, just sheep everywhere)

- Snyder is a GOD there. He's a nice guy equivalent of Sabinz.

- That stadium is a DUMP. Reminded me of the later years of Legion Field. Their equivalent of an upper deck is WAAAAAYYY far from the field. The down and distance numbers on their "Jumbotron" were unreadable. Too tiny. And the screen is not HD. There was also one - ONE - small ladies room for the entire half of the upper deck.  With 8 stalls.

- One bonus - they let you go in and out of the stadium at any time with your ticket stub. And since the stadium is an easy walk to, well, everywhere, that could have been a bad thing. But these folks are not heavy drinking types. I was tipsy when I headed in, and was an anomaly.  Can you imagine if we could leave JHS and re-enter?  Dayum.  Or LSU?  What a drunk fest that would be.

Overall, I give it a "C". Facilities suck ass but the folks were nice. I doubt I'd go back - too expensive and too hard to get to. Very glad we pulled out a win. The team did seem to be going they the motions. I was like someone else said - just wanted it to be over. Glad it's behind us - real SEC football coming soon.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:17:34 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2014, 10:23:43 PM »
FUCK Mark Heim. He's on WNSP and writes for al.com.

Opens his show today: "Kansas State won that game. They just couldn't get out of their own way..."

I punched the radio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2014, 01:10:44 AM »
FUCK Mark Heim. He's on WNSP and writes for al.com.

Opens his show today: "Kansas State won that game. They just couldn't get out of their own way..."

I punched the radio.
He sounds like another bammer or he writes what he's told to write...can't let it be known that KSU's avg starting position was on Auburn's 5 yard line thanks to the no block in back or clipping calls. Whatever helps the bammers sleep at night. I thought it was funny that some bammers are laughing at Auburn fans for being happy about beating a ranked team. I asked them how long has it been since uat beat a ranked team on the road, I even gave them a hint (over a year ago).
bama fans had better hope that UF doesn't stop their screen passes or slow down their running game, because it might be a fun game to watch.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:13:10 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
Can you imagine if we could leave JHS and re-enter?  Dayum.  Or LSU?  What a drunk fest that would be.

Ask the yarmulke crew that joined us for the Ole Miss game in 2009.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2014, 11:10:15 AM »

Why do you hate the Jews?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2014, 09:12:01 PM »
Why do you hate the Jews?

Probably because they hate us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2014, 07:54:15 AM »

Papa Bert was playing to his full potential.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."