Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2014 NFL Draft...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
2014 NFL Draft...
« on: February 22, 2014, 09:45:33 PM »
Remember, about 5 months ago, how some media and certain fanbases stated that Auburn doesn't produce NFL players like they used to? All we heard was Cyrus Kouandijo this, AJ McTattoo that, uat's best team since organized sports was created, NFL team masquerading as a Collegiate team, '13 uat D = '01 Ravens + '85 Bears, etc., etc., etc.

Well, LT Greg Robinson has single handedly squashed that notion...there's a possibility that he'll be taken with one of the first two picks. Dee Ford & Tre Mason are climbing a bit on some team's draft board.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:47:28 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: 2014 NFL Draft...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 02:46:05 AM »
And Kwamedreadspinokalochee is dropping like a stone...since the steroid toll on his body is coming to light.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 08:27:39 AM »
And Kwamedreadspinokalochee is dropping like a stone...since the steroid toll on his body is coming to light.
I haven't kept up with Kouandijo, what's coming to light?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 08:32:25 AM »
I haven't kept up with Kouandijo, what's coming to light?

His numbers weren't good and many teams "failed" him on the physical. They cite arthritic knee problems stemming from a bad surgery. When did he have knee surgery? I don't recall that. Nevertheless, his stock took a big hit this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 08:39:27 AM »
His numbers weren't good and many teams "failed" him on the physical. They cite arthritic knee problems stemming from a bad surgery. When did he have knee surgery? I don't recall that. Nevertheless, his stock took a big hit this weekend.

"It's that DAMN HUNH's fault."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »
Did Manziel show up drunk?  Lots of twits about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 07:54:01 PM »
6-5 332lbs Greg Robinson:
40: 4.92
Vertical: 28.5in
Broad Jump: 9ft5in

6-3 220lbs AJ McCarron:
40: 4.94
Vertical: 28in
Broad Jump: 8ft3in
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 08:08:50 PM »
Did Manziel show up drunk?  Lots of twits about it.

Sports Pickle (satirical site) had an article titled "Johnny Manziel Blows an Impressive 0.20 on the NFL Combine Breathalyzer Test," so I assume the tweets are in reference to that article.

I highly doubt he was drunk, unless he can run a 4.63 (official time of 4.68) while inebriated.  He did pretty well...#4 QB on 40 yard dash, #5 in vertical jump, #4 in broad jump, #2 in 3 cone drill, and #1 in 20 yard shuttle.

Bridgewater's probably still the best QB as far as being ready for the NFL, but Manziel didn't really disappoint.  I think everyone had concluded (and still does conclude) that he will be a risk, but could have a high reward if he pans out.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:10:23 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 09:00:06 PM »
I ran a 4.09 one time while drunk.

The whiskey shits can make a fellow do superhuman things. I barely made it to the hopper in time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 10:00:08 PM »
Tweet of the Day:

@AU_History: @nfldraftscout Will AJ McCarron run the 40 at combine or stick with the time he registered running to the locker room after the Auburn game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 06:23:01 AM »
6-5 332lbs Greg Robinson:
40: 4.92
Vertical: 28.5"
Broad Jump: 9'5"

6-3 220lbs AJ McCarron:
40: 4.94
Vertical: 28"
Broad Jump: 8'3"

AAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 07:18:22 AM »

AAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, now.  Al.com got the for reals.  He threw "very well" and it's not like he's going to be running some high school option offense in the NFL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 08:28:49 AM »
Sports Pickle (satirical site) had an article titled "Johnny Manziel Blows an Impressive 0.20 on the NFL Combine Breathalyzer Test," so I assume the tweets are in reference to that article.

I highly doubt he was drunk, unless he can run a 4.63 (official time of 4.68) while inebriated.  He did pretty well...#4 QB on 40 yard dash, #5 in vertical jump, #4 in broad jump, #2 in 3 cone drill, and #1 in 20 yard shuttle.

Bridgewater's probably still the best QB as far as being ready for the NFL, but Manziel didn't really disappoint.  I think everyone had concluded (and still does conclude) that he will be a risk, but could have a high reward if he pans out.

I keep hearing this about Bridgewater but all I've seen is a schedule full of patsies the last 2 years and losses to Syracuse, UConn and UCF. He didn't throw or run any at the combine. And has proclaimed he's the best qb at the draft. Personally, all of that combined is a yellow flag.

We know what Manziel is. Would anyone seriously take Teddy over JFF with the game on the line? Dude is a gamer. Bridgewater has yet to impress against anyone worth a crap. Sorry but fla isn't worth a crap. I just think many are overhyping this kid. Maybe he will pan out. But I don't see anything at this point that screams sure fire #1 pick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 09:21:37 AM »
Dee Ford will not work out at combine. Medical issue.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000328572/article/dee-ford-will-not-work-out-at-combine

INDIANAPOLIS --Just one day after declaring himself a better pass rusher than Jadeveon Clowney and thus setting up an interesting workout battle between the two at the NFL Scouting Combine, Auburn defensive end Dee Ford has withdrawn from workouts.

According to NFL Media's Scott Hanson, medical reasons will prevent Ford from participating at the combine.

Clowney is considered the draft's top pass rusher and is expected to be drafted early in the first round. Ford said Sunday that he was tired of hearing about Clowney's impressive physical measurables, noting that he had better technique than the former South Carolina star.

Ford also said he believes Clowney and Missouri's Kony Ealy are his only "competition" in the draft among pass rushers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 09:26:17 AM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000328572/article/dee-ford-will-not-work-out-at-combine

At least he didn't pus out voluntarily like the best 2 qbs evar!

Btw - most of these DL are popping off 4.9-5.1 times. Clowney just ran 4.47. Good lawd. Will probably be adjusted to a 4.5-4.55 but still. Dang.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 09:32:35 AM »
At least he didn't pus out voluntarily like the best 2 qbs evar!

Btw - most of these DL are popping off 4.9-5.1 times. Clowney just ran 4.47. Good lawd. Will probably be adjusted to a 4.5-4.55 but still. Dang.

That is beyond freakish for a DE. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 10:18:47 AM »
The national narrative on twitter is that he's a thug POS that classlessly called out Clowney, and then isn't even man enough to back it up. Chickened with his tail tucked between his legs so as not to have to embarrass himself publicly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 10:28:13 AM »
By the way, Dee doesn't understand why he was not allowed to compete.

They're citing a 2011 back injury being why they have to hold him out.

Seriously? It didn't prevent him from playing three years in the SEC West. It didn't prevent him from having a monster Senior Season. It didn't prevent him from being the MV-fuckin-P of the Senior Bowl less than a month ago.

I'm getting brain wave signals transmitted into my tinfoil hat that indicate a conspiracy to save Clowney from embarrassment. bottomfeeder, you gettin those same vibes? What is Infowars saying?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 10:31:06 AM »
The national narrative on twitter is that he's a thug POS that classlessly called out Clowney, and then isn't even man enough to back it up. Chickened with his tail tucked between his legs so as not to have to embarrass himself publicly.

He needs to learn the ways of the AJ...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »
By the way, Dee doesn't understand why he was not allowed to compete.

They're citing a 2011 back injury being why they have to hold him out.

Seriously? It didn't prevent him from playing three years in the SEC West. It didn't prevent him from having a monster Senior Season. It didn't prevent him from being the MV-fudgein-P of the Senior Bowl less than a month ago.

I'm getting brain wave signals transmitted into my tinfoil hat that indicate a conspiracy to save Clowney from embarrassment. bottomfeeder, you gettin those same vibes? What is Infowars saying?
I'm wondering if it's maybe just something that developed since the surgery and there hasn't been any need to x-ray since post surgery. A disc out of place could make them overly cautious for liability reasons. It's the damn lawyers' fault, again.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:35:52 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com