Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Next Season Question

Next Season Question
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:46:59 PM »
What's the board consensus on platooning QB's?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Next Season Question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »
I'm not ready to move on yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
Do you really believe you can get a consensus on here? Regardless, what matters most is what I think and I am fine with it. I wish we would've done that this season. Gus can confuse the d enough to not completely tip off passes or runs. But obviously, there would be a greater chance of a pass with Johnson in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 12:55:38 PM »
I didn't think Kaldril Frayzha was still in the mix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:21:48 PM »
Do you really believe you can get a consensus on here? Regardless, what matters most is what I think and I am fine with it. I wish we would've done that this season. Gus can confuse the d enough to not completely tip off passes or runs. But obviously, there would be a greater chance of a pass with Johnson in.

I'm not sure it would have been any different with JJ in. The problem was not really the passing, but the pass plays called. The short slant to Uzomah was open all night. We threw if ONCE!

Once again, CGM wanted to drop back and survey the field while they are blitzing. The stacked to box to stop the run and blitzed often. Quick passes in the middle kill that. But he wanted to get the long ball.

With  a QB like NM, you have to throw those quick slants. He has a quick release and is pretty accurate on those. If he hits Louis in stride, TD. But that doesn't mean JJ would have hit him (prolly would, but still).

I do feel JJ needs some series like Dylan Thompson got at USCe. But when NM in hot running the ball like he was for the last few games(not last night), you cannot argue for JJ.

It should be interesting. We seem to have a good crop of QBs coming in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 01:24:54 PM »
Chicks dig the long ball
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 01:28:30 PM »
I'm not sure it would have been any different with JJ in.
Me either but I do think that eventually, they will probably feel more comfortable allowing JJ to throw more--assuming he has more accuracy than Nick. It doesn't matter to me either way, I'm just saying I'm comfortable if Gus wants to go with two.

The only play I second guess from last night is the pass to the end zone when we had a 3rd and 4 inside the 10 I believe. I would've preferred to run it twice if it took it. Overall, I think he called a hell of a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »
Chicks dig the long ball

You dig anyone who still has them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
What's the board consensus on platooning QB's?
Why?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 01:45:15 PM »
I'm not ready to move on yet.

Me either. I really don't even know what to do with myself. I thought a good long drunk...but I don't think it will help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 02:01:45 PM »
Me either. I really don't even know what to do with myself. I thought a good long drunk...but I don't think it will help.

You fuckers need to pick yourselves up, rub one out, and get on with your day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 02:03:03 PM »
You fuckers need to pick yourselves up, rub one out, and get on with your day.

Hmm. Is there a website for that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 02:04:26 PM »
Hmm. Is there a website for that?

Most of us learn how do it in our early teen years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 02:06:53 PM »
Most of us learn how do it in our early teen years.

You totally missed that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 02:07:51 PM »
You totally missed that...

Don't sell me out short, I been doing it for years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 02:10:02 PM »
Nobody does it better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 02:12:03 PM »

I just wanted an address to watch. And not Kaos either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 02:34:11 PM »
I just wanted an address to watch. And not Kaos either.

I didn't realize that you liked to view the head and shaft?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 02:35:50 PM »
I didn't realize that you liked to view the head and shaft?

Yeah. That was it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »
Why?

I just think Johnson is too good to ride the pine for long, but I also think Marshall is too good to not have out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.