Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Next Season Question

Re: Next Season Question
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »
I'm not sure it would have been any different with JJ in.

Wasn't trying to insinuate that JJ would have won us the game, but I just wonder if Marshall goes in next year as the 100% starter or if in spring and summer there will be a reevaluation done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 03:24:59 PM »
I just think Johnson is too good to ride the pine for long, but I also think Marshall is too good to not have out there.

So what I'm hearing you say is that Marshall will be on the shoulders of Johnson next year and we will have our very own tall Mallett cat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 03:29:11 PM »
I just think Johnson is too good to ride the pine for long

Why?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 04:37:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 05:06:31 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 05:21:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »
Part of me wants a "traditional" qb.

But it it's really fucking hard to argue with 12-2 and SEC champs.

So, I say it's Marshall's team next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, 07:18:25 PM »
The only play I second guess from last night is the pass to the end zone when we had a 3rd and 4 inside the 10 I believe. I would've preferred to run it twice if it took it. Overall, I think he called a hell of a game.
I agree, but will add that damn wildcat play call.

Might as well have taken the snap and then take a knee. I friggin hate that play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2014, 08:20:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2014, 08:38:50 PM »
We really shine with the zone read working with NM. And our whole game is clicking when we can get wide but FSU took that away. Anyway Nick is pretty crafty with his ball handling and I don't think Johnson can enhance our run game
If you listen to Dilfer he states that dual purpose types (ie Kaepernek) always revert to their comfort zone and I think Marshall doesn't necessarily look for a safety over the top or read progressions as much as he looks for wide open first,  run second and then buy time by scrambling which got us into negative plays in the second half.

I thought it interesting/odd we threw the ball to Melvin Ray twice when he barely touched the field all season except for special teams and hasn't been in the receiver rotation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »
I agree, but will add that damn wildcat play call.

Might as well have taken the snap and then take a knee. I friggin hate that play.

You do know we run the same play a lot during a game, just with the actual QB instead of the RB taking the snap?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2014, 08:49:22 PM »
We really shine with the zone read working with NM. And our whole game is clicking when we can get wide but FSU took that away. Anyway Nick is pretty crafty with his ball handling and I don't think Johnson can enhance our run game
If you listen to Dilfer he states that dual purpose types (ie Kaepernek) always revert to their comfort zone and I think Marshall doesn't necessarily look for a safety over the top or read progressions as much as he looks for wide open first,  run second and then buy time by scrambling which got us into negative plays in the second half.

I thought it interesting/odd we threw the ball to Melvin Ray twice when he barely touched the field all season except for special teams and hasn't been in the receiver rotation.
I heard one of the experts say that we didn't really run a zone read and that Nick was running plays sent in by Gus. I don't know but I've thought that he at least mostly read.

And, I thought there were 3 or 4 times that he could have given it to Mason for some potentially big runs that he missed on last night.

But what the hell does it matter. We blew it and it's time to start working toward next season. I have some plays for Gus to look over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2014, 09:09:46 PM »
You do know we run the same play a lot during a game, just with the actual QB instead of the RB taking the snap?
In that instance, the defense knows there's a possibility that the QB can throw it. When our RB stands back there alone and takes the snap, it's 100% run.

It's been the same play with the same result for 4 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 11:09:06 PM »
Part of me wants a "traditional" qb.

But it it's really fucking hard to argue with 12-2 and SEC champs.

So, I say it's Marshall's team next year.

I don't think there's any doubt it's Marshall's team next year.  He may not have been as flashy as Manziel or Cam, but the guy's one of the more gifted runners I've ever seen at quarterback. 

Malzahn is also a guru, a magician, a faith healer, a Jesus Christ if you will when it comes to improving the play of the quarterback.  Look at what he did with Chris Todd.  Look at how Cam became the #1 overall pick.  Look at how much Marshall improved between weeks 1 and 12 this season. 

He'll get Marshall in winter conditioning, spring practice, and summer workouts.  Marshall will ball out next year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2014, 11:26:15 PM »
I don't think there's any doubt it's Marshall's team next year.  He may not have been as flashy as Manziel or Cam, but the guy's one of the more gifted runners I've ever seen at quarterback. 

Malzahn is also a guru, a magician, a faith healer, a Jesus Christ if you will when it comes to improving the play of the quarterback.  Look at what he did with Chris Todd.  Look at how Cam became the #1 overall pick.  Look at how much Marshall improved between weeks 1 and 12 this season. 

He'll get Marshall in winter conditioning, spring practice, and summer workouts.  Marshall will ball out next year.

Even the EBSPN guys were talking about what a multi-dimensional, gifted athlete Marshall is. Honestly, I don't see this as even being a point of discussion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »

Agree with the basic premise here re Marshall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2014, 10:35:23 AM »
Even the EBSPN guys were talking about what a multi-dimensional, gifted athlete Marshall is. Honestly, I don't see this as even being a point of discussion.
I think the only reason it's a point of discussion is that JJ is so good. I agree that it's going to be hard to beat out Marshall but it has already been reported that Gus said that it would be a dog fight in spring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 12:04:17 PM »
What the girl said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum