Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Reaction to verdict confirms mass ignorance

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Reaction to verdict confirms mass ignorance
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »
The reaction to the Zimmerman verdict is clear and incontrovertible evidence of the complete stupidity of the American populace.  It makes me fear for my children and theirs.  With these type of people breathing the air, drinking the water and consuming the perishables how can our species be expected to survive?

If Zimmerman had been black or Trayvon Mexican/White no one would know either of their names. 

And yet:

"The defense did such an excellent job at muddying the waters," he said. "For instance, what difference was it whose scream you heard or who's on top? Is that relevant? The defense made those huge issues."
-- Jay Bryant, program director WAGG Birmingham

No, Jay, it's completely irrelevant whether Zimmerman was attempting to protect himself or not.  The crux of self defense cases rests on who had the better haircut.  Idiot. 
This man should be neutered and not allowed to breed.

"It isn't about the evidence; it isn't about guilt or innocence," said Hezekiah Jackson, the president of Birmingham's NAACP chapter. "It's about criminalization and what those jurors felt that Trayvon Martin represented."

Ah, so we have trials these days to determine what people represent.  And we should just put others in jail because they didn't represent correctly?  IDIOT.  The trial WAS about the evidence and the evidence showed the man defended himself.  Innocent of the charges brought. 

All them jurors should go home tonight and kill themselves for letting a grown man get away with killing a kid
-- Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons

How about he kills himself and eliminates the seven brain cells he has. 

Bunch of fools plan a "Missing Trayvon rally in Birmingham.

Right.  How about you take your stupid butt home and take care of your OWN kids.  How many of you knew Martin?  How many of you would care if he'd been mowed down in Southside in a driveby?  Would you march then?  Sit down and STFU. 

Trayvon got the death penalty for buying Skittles in a hoodie. I understand it, but still...
-- Jeffrey Toobin, CNN

Shoot him in the face.  On TV.  I'd watch. 

Deleted tweet urging violence
-- Victor Cruz, NY Giants

Go violent on his ignorant butt.

Hundreds marched in NYC, LA and other towns, blocking off intersections and freeways

Pepper spray and rubber bullets.  Then if they don't move?  Lock and load. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: Reaction to verdict confirms mass ignorance
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 10:51:15 AM »
Some of our children's role models:

Michael Moore

@MMFlint: Trayvon was the 1 who's life was being threatened--by a guy w/ a gun chasing after him! Trayvon had the RIGHT 2 do ANYTHING 2 defend himself

@MARLONLWAYANS: Fuck all of the celebrity! This Black father is appalled and flabbergasted aka pissed fuck off! Damn sad. We bringin slavery back next?

@billmaher: This is America waddya expect? The only thing u aren't allowed to kill in an instant is a fetus. Hey Zim, find another hobby now that u won

@Jayz_MagnaCarta: Pull A Trigga , Kill A N**** , Hes A HERO.... This is why Tupac is the truth?? #NoJusticeForTrayvon

@FlavorFlav: CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT,!!!!! NOT GUILTY,?!!!!!!!!! FUKIN BULLSHIT,!!!!!!!!!! We will get justice for Treyvon ,,,, Flavor -Flav speakin,!!

@UncleRUSH: This is not "only" about race. This is about laws that allow racist acts to go unpunished. We must change laws that promote injustice

I do not think it's fair to follow an unarmed child, lose a fight and shoot him. I'm sad Zimmerman not held responsible.

— Jason Whitlock (@WhitlockJason)

America justice system is a joke.

— Kendrick Perkins

Paying homage to an Obama quote...

These laws clearly need 2be changed. This is why ALL votes r important not just the presidents. #TrayvonMartin That could b my son.

— Lennox Lewis (@LennoxLewis

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 10:52:41 AM »
And the randoms:

Chad @Chad_Mcphee1

#IfIEverSeeZimmerman I'd have somebody stall him, have Trayvon's parents come, tell them bring a gun, and tell them to put a bullet in him

â„¢T.N.T Duckyy $$$$$â„¢ @ItsDuckyyBihh

#IfIEverSeeZimmerman  I'm the last person he gon see.

JETBLAACK @JETBLAACK

How can we be shocked that white mothers found Zimmerman not guilty? White mothers used to bring their children to lynchings.

#IfIEverSeeZimmerman ; I'm gonnna kill himmm ! — #Lo'Ashley! ♡ (@JetaimeDej628)

Read more at: http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/07/twitter-reacts-to-george-zimmerman-verdict-not-guilt/

RIP Maisha @YesImKat

#IfIEverSeeZimmerman Ima make that Mf SUFFER .

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 12:35:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »
We've become so stupid and so weak that we're going to be taken over soon.  Enemies within will aid enemies from the outside thinking that "they gon' get some justice!!" and it will all collapse.  We will be the shortest lasting major empire in world history. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 01:58:41 PM »
No hysterical ignorance any greater than that of the federal government.

Attorney General Eric Holder, in his first post-verdict comments, confirmed Monday during a speech in Washington, D.C., that his department continues to investigate while signaling concern for the position of the Martin family and those -- such as the NAACP -- pressuring the DOJ. He said the department is "mindful of the pain felt by our nation" over the "tragic, unnecessary shooting death" of Martin.

"The Justice Department shares your concern -- I share your concern," Holder said.

He added that the shooting provides an opportunity to speak "honestly" about the charged issues involved in the case, and that "we must not ... let this opportunity pass." Holder even appeared to suggest the possibility of bias in this case, saying it's important to address "underlying attitudes, mistaken beliefs and stereotypes that serve as the basis for these too common incidents."

Translation:
We don't like it no mo' than ya'll do dat dis creepy ass cracker done gots away wif' bustin' a cap in dis homey.  We ain't gonna let dis light brown honkey walk free, cuz. "

Absolutely pathetic.  The entire administration should be impeached. 

Jesus Christ, if you probe every one hoping to find racist tendencies for every act, we'll ALL be in jail.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 02:02:30 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 02:13:03 PM »
I'm getting really tired of this "he got kilt for nothin' but buyin' skittles and wearin' a hoodie." 

And

"that creepy ass cracker just profile him cause he was dress like a gangster..." 

Well GUESS WHAT. 

Burglaries in that neighborhood had been repeatedly committed by people dressed in dark hoodies.  BLACK people dressed in dark hoodies.  His suspicions were entirely reasonable. 

I've followed "kids" roaming my neighborhood who I knew didn't live there to see what they were up to.  More often than not, they take off when they realize somebody is watching them.  And what should I do if they hide and ambush me?  I've taken down suspicious license plates.  And I've caught at least one burglar by watching, following and paying attention. 

Yeah.  I saw a black guy in black clothes creeping around a house.  He didn't belong in the neighborhood.  Cops TOLD me to keep him in sight.  And when they wrote up the report they told me that if that every happened again and I felt me or my family were in danger (he was armed with hedge clippers) I should shoot him until one of two things happened -- he stopped moving or I was out of bullets.  And don't waste time going for the shoulder or knees, shoot for the torso.  Biggest target, most likely to put him down. 

If six planes leaving O'Hare were blown up by Chinese men wearing togas, don't you think the next Chinese man strolling through the lobby in a toga would be eyed with suspicion by any reasonable person? 

Or if you owned a store and the last six german shepherds to walk by bit a customer, what would you think when you saw a seventh headed your way? 

Profiling is natural, normal and reasonable.  People should be TRAINED to profile, not to pretend it doesn't exist.  There's an entire segment of the DOJ devoted to just that:  Developing criminal profiles.

I haven't been mad in almost a year, but this is pushing me to the edge of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 02:41:27 PM »
@piersmorgan
I find it very hard to accept that it's 'lawful' to shoot an unarmed 17yr-old boy dead as he walks home. #Zimmerman #RIPTrayvon
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 02:55:53 PM »

He tried to imply that to his brother and Zimmerman's brother made him look like a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »
It's the stubbornness of educated intelligent members of our government and media that gets to me.  Dumb people of course aren't going to get it and will always speak on emotion. 

But for people like Piers to say after everything that has come out thatzimmerman shot an innocent young man just buying a snack is outlandish.  That type of shit is not okay.  For holder our fucking attorney general to not know and respect the law in this case is mind boggling. 

I understand wanting to investigate more.  I really do.  They should investigate.  They should investigate why people of any age feel that violence is what you use any Time you don't like something.  Notice Zimmerman called the police.  Martin called his fists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »
Everyone one of those making noise over this verdict would have not allowed Zimmerman a trial had they been in charge.  They'd have had him shot without due process.  Social media gives fucking morons too much voice, and sadly, some hear it and give it credibility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 03:28:40 PM »
It's the stubbornness of educated intelligent members of our government and media that gets to me.  Dumb people of course aren't going to get it and will always speak on emotion. 

But for people like Piers to say after everything that has come out thatzimmerman shot an innocent young man just buying a snack is outlandish.  That type of shit is not okay.  For holder our fucking attorney general to not know and respect the law in this case is mind boggling. 

I understand wanting to investigate more.  I really do.  They should investigate.  They should investigate why people of any age feel that violence is what you use any Time you don't like something.  Notice Zimmerman called the police.  Martin called his fists.

We live in a society where "don't get involved" is most people's motto, and many take that to also mean that anyone that does "get involved" is starting trouble.  You're supposed to leave the trouble makers alone, or else YOU are the trouble maker.  Zimmerman should have known that Trayvon was a  young volatile black that would attack him if he was followed, and thus should not have followed him.

If you have an agenda, and you can't make facts fit, you simply scream irrelevant shit over and over until it becomes true.  Keep saying Trayvon died because he bought some skittles, and it matters not how fucking moronic you sound saying it, eventually many will think it's a fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 03:30:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »

I really hope that is photoshopped...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »
Here is the lesson that ought to be gleaned from this:

If you are in a place that you are not supposed to be, you are asked what you are doing there, and you decide to sucker punch the person that actually lives there:  You might get shot

Trayvon would be alive today if he had simply responded with the following when asked what he was doing there:  I'm walking to my dads house sir, he lives right around the corner.

Instead he threw the first punch and struck a dude that just happened to be packing a gun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »
Here is the lesson that ought to be gleaned from this:

If you are in a place that you are not supposed to be, you are asked what you are doing there, and you decide to sucker punch the person that actually lives there:  You might get shot

Trayvon would be alive today if he had simply responded with the following when asked what he was doing there:  I'm walking to my dads house sir, he lives right around the corner.

Instead he threw the first punch and struck a dude that just happened to be packing a gun.

To be fair, I don't think Zimmerman ever spoke to him.  I could be wrong about that.  I think he saw the kid and then called the police while creeping on him. 

Fact still remains that Trayvon had no reason to attack him.  People can shout all they want about Trayvon being stalked by an armed white man.  Zimmerman didn't draw his weapon until he was being attacked.  Martin had no reason to attack him.  Be creeped out?  Call the police?  Yell for help that an older guy is stalking him?

Sure.  But if we allow that pounding people any time they weird us out is legal, we're going to have a lot more problems in this country than one tragic shooting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 04:34:23 PM »
To be fair, I don't think Zimmerman ever spoke to him.  I could be wrong about that.  I think he saw the kid and then called the police while creeping on him. 

Fact still remains that Trayvon had no reason to attack him.  People can shout all they want about Trayvon being stalked by an armed white man.  Zimmerman didn't draw his weapon until he was being attacked.  Martin had no reason to attack him.  Be creeped out?  Call the police?  Yell for help that an older guy is stalking him?

Sure.  But if we allow that pounding people any time they weird us out is legal, we're going to have a lot more problems in this country than one tragic shooting.
The hole in the logic of justifying Trayvon attacking Zimmerman because he had a gun is that I can pretty much guarantee that if he knew that Zimmerman had a gun, knowing he did not, he would not have attacked him.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:29:53 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »
The whole in the logic of justifying Trayvon attacking Zimmerman because he had a gun is that I can pretty much guarantee that if he knew that Zimmerman had a gun, knowing he did not, he would not have attacked him.

Bullspit. Zimmerman had the gun out waving it in the air chasing that poor little choir boy around the neighborhood. Zimmerman forced him to attack at gunpoint. Damn creepy ass cracker!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 04:52:27 PM »
I'm not buying any more skittles, that's for sure. 

Skittles to a Mexican/Cracker are like a red cape to a bull apparently. 

Sticking to Reese's Pieces.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions