Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Reaction to verdict confirms mass ignorance

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Reaction to verdict confirms mass ignorance
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 08:33:45 PM »
I'm not buying any more skittles, that's for sure. 

Skittles to a Mexican/Cracker are like a red cape to a bull apparently. 

Sticking to Reese's Pieces.

Then you'll have to shoot E.T.  Or Harriet Tubman, as it's hard to differentiate the two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 09:21:10 PM »
I'm so glad he was found Not Guilty. If he would've been found guilty then it would've been the end of the road for self defense.

Also, I'm glad to see ALL of the dumbass Americans screaming about this "injustice" and then in the same breath say that Zimmerman better watch his back...If it comes down to it, I hope Zimmerman keeps a extra clip in his pocket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 11:38:11 PM »
The  jurors for this case now have their picture on the internet...

($1 to VestTiger on the bunker)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »
My wife and I were talking about all of this last night.  She hates when shit like this happens, because I get fired up about it. 

People in our society today are just stupid.  A person is smart.  People are stupid.  Our society is full of people who won trophies for participation as kids, even though they rode the pine all year.  They think that if they don't get what they want, all they have to do is yell loud enough, and they will get it.  The sad part is, the government accomodates this sort of behavior.  The DOJ is proving that now.  This whole thing has been fucked up from the word go.  The police didn't want to file charges because there wasn't any probable cause.  The chief ended up losing his job over it.  The DA didn't want to prosecute it because there was no reason.  There was no evidence that a crime had been committed.  Well, the public is pissed, so a special prosecutor is going to prosecute the case on behalf of the state.  It wasn't ran through a grand jury or anything. 

There isn't a shred of evidence that says this incident went down any other way besides how Zimmerman said it went down.  There isn't a shred of evidence that says he had a premeditated plan to kill Martin.  If I was going to kill somebody, I certainly wouldn't call the police right before doing it to tell them to come to where I am.  There isn't a shred of evidence that says Zimmerman broke any law.  This case was prosecuted simply due to public outrage.  All of these folks going on and on about "He got killed for buying a pack of Skittles...." are morons and do not understand the concept of law. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:02:17 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 01:13:31 AM »
To paraphrase a quote I saw some where else that sums it up.
"A Hispanic man kills a black teen and is acquitted by an all-female jury, but in the end it's all the white man's fault."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 04:57:12 AM »
My wife and I were talking about all of this last night.  She hates when shit like this happens, because I get fired up about it. 

People in our society today are just stupid.  A person is smart.  People are stupid.  Our society is full of people who won trophies for participation as kids, even though they rode the pine all year.  They think that if they don't get what they want, all they have to do is yell loud enough, and they will get it.  The sad part is, the government accomodates this sort of behavior.  The DOJ is proving that now.  This whole thing has been fucked up from the word go.  The police didn't want to file charges because there wasn't any probable cause.  The chief ended up losing his job over it.  The DA didn't want to prosecute it because there was no reason.  There was no evidence that a crime had been committed.  Well, the public is pissed, so a special prosecutor is going to prosecute the case on behalf of the state.  It wasn't ran through a grand jury or anything. 

There isn't a shred of evidence that says this incident went down any other way besides how Zimmerman said it went down.  There isn't a shred of evidence that says he had a premeditated plan to kill Martin.  If I was going to kill somebody, I certainly wouldn't call the police right before doing it to tell them to come to where I am.  There isn't a shred of evidence that says Zimmerman broke any law.  This case was prosecuted simply due to public outrage.  All of these folks going on and on about "He got killed for buying a pack of Skittles...." are morons and do not understand the concept of law. 
To paraphrase a quote I saw some where else that sums it up.
"A Hispanic man kills a black teen and is acquitted by an all-female jury, but in the end it's all the white man's fault."
Exactly. All the white man's fault!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 10:00:25 AM »
Stevie Wonder is the latest celebrity to give his dumbass opinion on the verdict.  He says that he will not perform in Florida, nor will he perform in any state that has a Stand Your Ground law similar to Florida's law.  That law is there for a reason, and it is a pretty damn good law.  It worked exactly as it should.  Somebody was somewhere they shouldn't have been, decided to attack a guy, and start bashing his head into a sidewalk.  Now, I will admit that Zimmerman was overzealous and probably has a touch of hero syndrome.  He should have listened and waited for the police.  However, that doesn't give Martin the right to attack the guy either.  Zimmerman was well within his rights to be suspicious of the kid given recent happenings in the neighborhood.  I can't even count the number of calls our department gets weekly with "this guy just doesn't belong in our neighborhood" type scenarios.  And 99% of the time the caller is right; because they know who belongs in the neighborhood, and who doesn't.  The police don't.

I guess what really pisses me off, is that if this was a black guy that shot a white kid, 0 fucks would be given.  None of us would even know about it.  If anybody did give a shit, and if every single detail were exactly the same, the same ignorant fucks would be raising hell about a jury finding the shooter guilty.  It just aggravates me to no end to hear all of these people talk about how the verdict was so unjust and blatant racism when they don't even know any real details of the case.  They don't know a damn thing past "A kid was walking home from the store and got shot", like it was a drive-by shooting, or like Zimmerman was hiding in the bushes, ambushed the kid, murdered him in cold blood, then fled.       
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:03:59 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 10:11:25 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-trayvon-zimmerman-verdict-protesters-storm-walmart-attack-tv-reporter-vandalize-20130716,0,3836135.story
Zimmerman verdict protesters attack TV reporter, storm Wal-Mart

By Robert J. Lopez, Andrew Blankstein and Ruben Vives

July 16, 2013, 5:00 a.m.

A peaceful protest of the George Zimmerman verdict in Los Angeles turned violent Monday after youths broke away from the main demonstration in Leimert Park, stomped on cars, broke windows, set fires and attacked several people.

KCBS-TV/KCAL-TV reporter Dave Bryan and his cameraman were among those who came under assault. One of the two journalists was taken to a hospital with a possible concussion, Los Angeles Police Department Lt. Andy Neiman told The Times. 

Protesters also stormed a Wal-Mart in the Crenshaw district of Los Angeles, pushing their way through as guards scrambled to close security gates. A short while later, LAPD officers wearing helmets and carrying batons swarmed the store as others marched through the parking lot.

Young vandals who entered the Wal-Mart stormed in, threw merchandise on the ground and yelled, shoppers told a Times reporter. Some tried to break open the jewelry glass displays. The disturbance in the Crenshaw district of Los Angeles caused about 350 LAPD officers to swarm the area, leading to at least 13 arrests.

Elsewhere, one young man was seen throwing a metal wastebasket at the window of a darkened Jack-in-the-Box restaurant.

The violence Monday night was the third straight night when the LAPD was placed on a citywide tactical alert, requiring officers to work beyond their regular shifts.

Police estimated that about 150 people took part in the violence after the peaceful vigil in Leimert Park following Saturday's acquittal of Zimmerman, a 29-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida, on charges of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager.

The violence also included the apparent assaulting of bystanders and the hurling of hunks of concrete at officers on Vernon Avenue, the Los Angeles Police Department said. No injuries were reported.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti urged an end to the violence: "The trial that we saw in Florida has ignited passion," he said. "But we have to make sure it will not ignite the city."

At a late-night news conference, Garcetti blamed the violence on a "a small group [that] has taken advantage of this situation."

He said protesters have the right to voice their disagreement with the verdict, "but people also deserve to be safe on the streets and in their cars."

The mayor added: "The Martin family didn't ask anyone to break car windows."

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck put the public on notice that officers would be taking a more aggressive posture toward protesters beginning Tuesday. "This will not be allowed to continue," he said.

County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, who represents South Los Angeles on the county Board of Supervisors, condemned the violence, which he said, "does not advance the cause of Trayvon Martin or his memory."

Ridley-Thomas said the LAPD has made significant strides in improving community relations since the deadly 1992 riots in South Los Angeles and other parts of the city following the verdict in the trial of the LAPD officers charged with beating Rodney King.

The LAPD, he said, "has taken a posture of respecting the constitutional rights of those who choose" to peacefully protest.

Earlier Monday, community leaders who organized the peaceful vigil at Leimert Park broadcast a united, nonviolent message: “Let’s honor Trayvon Martin’s legacy by not breaking the law. Let’s keep it peaceful,” said Najee Ali, a local activist who spoke first on the group’s behalf.

Activists called not for an end to protests, but for an emphasis on demonstrations that are calm and controlled. Citizens might be angry following the not guilty verdict in the Zimmerman case, they said, but traffic must continue to flow and laws should not be broken.

News of the verdict reached Leimert Park -- the "heart and soul of black L.A.," according to Ali -- in the midst of a celebration of Nelson Mandela's 95th birthday Saturday, said community member Rudolph Porter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »
Zimmerman is seeking asylum in Russia. Does he have a passport? If I was him, I would simply move to Latin America.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:58:20 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 10:34:39 AM »
If all you white folks weren't so damn racist, we wouldn't have to beat people up and throw things through windows!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 10:44:14 AM »
If all you white folks weren't so damn racist, we wouldn't have to beat people up and throw things through windows!

The jewelry department caused much rage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 11:12:57 AM »

:facepalm:

While I'm glad you posted this because the indignant outrage is suffused with ignorance and is therefore amusing, I wonder if you realize that this is exactly how many people in this realm hear what you have said in the past. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 11:30:54 AM »
I'm getting really tired of this "he got kilt for nothin' but buyin' skittles and wearin' a hoodie." 

And

"that creepy ass cracker just profile him cause he was dress like a gangster..." 

Well GUESS WHAT. 

Burglaries in that neighborhood had been repeatedly committed by people dressed in dark hoodies.  BLACK people dressed in dark hoodies.  His suspicions were entirely reasonable. 

I've followed "kids" roaming my neighborhood who I knew didn't live there to see what they were up to.  More often than not, they take off when they realize somebody is watching them.  And what should I do if they hide and ambush me?  I've taken down suspicious license plates.  And I've caught at least one burglar by watching, following and paying attention. 

Yeah.  I saw a black guy in black clothes creeping around a house.  He didn't belong in the neighborhood.  Cops TOLD me to keep him in sight.  And when they wrote up the report they told me that if that every happened again and I felt me or my family were in danger (he was armed with hedge clippers) I should shoot him until one of two things happened -- he stopped moving or I was out of bullets.  And don't waste time going for the shoulder or knees, shoot for the torso.  Biggest target, most likely to put him down. 

If six planes leaving O'Hare were blown up by Chinese men wearing togas, don't you think the next Chinese man strolling through the lobby in a toga would be eyed with suspicion by any reasonable person? 

Or if you owned a store and the last six german shepherds to walk by bit a customer, what would you think when you saw a seventh headed your way? 

Profiling is natural, normal and reasonable.  People should be TRAINED to profile, not to pretend it doesn't exist.  There's an entire segment of the DOJ devoted to just that:  Developing criminal profiles.

I haven't been mad in almost a year, but this is pushing me to the edge of it.

All of this mentality and it's origins comes from this

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals

And ironically it ties into black liberation theology, the black panthers, nation of Islam and Marxism. All one team

The RULES....

* RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood. (These are two things of which there is a plentiful supply. Government and corporations always have a difficult time appealing to people, and usually do so almost exclusively with economic arguments.)
* RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (Organizations under attack wonder why radicals don’t address the “real” issues. This is why. They avoid things with which they have no knowledge.)
* RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
* RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)
* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)
* RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones. (Radical activists, in this sense, are no different that any other human being. We all avoid “un-fun” activities, and but we revel at and enjoy the ones that work and bring results.)
* RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news. (Even radical activists get bored. So to keep them excited and involved, organizers are constantly coming up with new tactics.)
* RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)
* RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist. (Perception is reality. Large organizations always prepare a worst-case scenario, something that may be furthest from the activists’ minds. The upshot is that the organization will expend enormous time and energy, creating in its own collective mind the direst of conclusions. The possibilities can easily poison the mind and result in demoralization.)
* RULE 10: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog. (Unions used this tactic. Peaceful [albeit loud] demonstrations during the heyday of unions in the early to mid-20th Century incurred management’s wrath, often in the form of violence that eventually brought public sympathy to their side.)
* RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)
* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
More reactions:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-07-15/news/bs-md-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-monday-20130715_1_trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-baltimore-police

Baltimore police say they are investigating a witness account that a group of black youths beat a Hispanic man near Patterson Park Sunday while saying, "This is for Trayvon."

A witness posted the account on a community Facebook page, and police confirmed they are looking into whether the suspects' reaction to the verdict in the Florida trial of George Zimmerman played a part in the incident. A police report on the beating does not mention the alleged comments.

Sgt. Eric Kowalczyk, a police spokesman, declined to go into further detail.

In a post that drew nearly 50 comments on Facebook, real estate agent Christina Dudley said she was walking to her car just before 9 p.m. when she saw several young black males and two black females chasing a 37-year-old Hispanic man west on North Linwood Avenue past East Fairmont Avenue.

"One of the boys had a handgun out and it was pointed at the back of him," Dudley said in an interview.

They caught up to the man at the corner of Fairmount and N. Streeper Street, and the male with the gun beat the victim with what appeared to be his gun while others kicked and stomped him, Dudley said.

"They were just yelling and calling him names as they ran after him, but once they were hitting him and after that they started yelling, "This is for Trayvon, [expletive]," said Dudley, who heard the chant repeated multiple times.

Dudley and a woman walking her dog across the street told the group to stop and warned that they were calling 911. The group scattered before police arrived. Police have no arrests or named suspects.

Using a translator, police spoke to the victim, who knows some English, according to the police report. The victim told officers that he was standing in the intersection of Fairmont and N. Potomac Street when a group of five black males first approached him.

He described all of the males as between 16 and 18 and told police a 6-foot suspect with a black "stretchy" shirt and mohawk told him, "What's up, [expletive]." When the victim raised his phone to call 911, the suspect raised his shirt and flashed a silver handgun in his waistband.

The victim turned and ran before he was caught in the 2800 block of Fairmont and was beaten, police said. He sustained abrasions to his elbows and forearms but refused medical attention.

Police listed all of the suspects involved as black males. Three were "skinny" while one was described as overweight.

And another...

http://www.thedemocrat.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1867&dept_id=124334&newsid=20475894&PAG=461&rfi=9

A man jogging down Highway 51 in Senatobia was abducted and brutally beaten by three black males Sunday night, according to Senatobia Police Chief Steve Holts.

According to Holts, the man, whose name has not been released, said that before he was abducted, he was asked by one of his attackers, a black male, if he knew who Trayvon Martin was.
Holts said the jogger was abducted on Highway 51 in front of Providence Place Apartments, and was dropped off on Highway 51 at Cut Off Road right outside the city limits of Coldwater.

According to Holts, the attackers were driving a white vehicle, possibly a Malibu or Impala.
Holts said that Senatobia police are investigating the assault, and he could not provide any more details at this time.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Tate County CrimeStoppers at 301-1111.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 02:17:53 PM »
I'm running this afternoon in hopes of being fucked with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »
We'll show them white males who convicted Trayvon Martin to hate crime death...

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houstonians-rally-against-Zimmerman-acquittal-4667181.php?cmpid=htx

"Our motto today is: We're fired up and we're not going to take it anymore," said community activist Quanell X.

The rally began about 7 p.m. at Byrd Funeral Home, 2517 Wheeler, near the campus of Texas Southern University. Organizers said that location was picked for a reason.

"This is where they wish to send young black men - to the funeral home," Quanell X said.

It was a dramatic theme that was repeated along the march route with protesters solemnly pushing a casket behind a hearse.

Bianca Fisher said she wasn't particularly surprised that the jury set Zimmerman free.

"The mission of the judicial system is to enslave black people," she said.

Benita Gordon brought her son, Devon, to the protest, which lasted about 90 minutes.

"We're walking tonight for Trayvon," she said. "We need fair rules all the way around."

Marchers shut down southbound traffic along Texas 288 at Southmore for about 10-15 minutes. No police were seen. The crowds allowed an ambulance to pass, but other motorists were forced to wait.

"It's civil disobedience. The people are angry and have a right to be angry," Quanell X said.

A similar rally took part in California on Monday night, the Associated Press reports. Demonstrators briefly blocked all lanes of a San Francisco Bay Area freeway before being cleared by authorities.

George Zimmerman's acquittal Saturday in Martin's death has sparked protests around the nation.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 02:30:33 PM »
I've been following @911buff on the Twitter, his tweets are very similar to the guy talking about all the violence erupting as he reads off every incident, in that movie The Gangs of New York.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 02:31:14 PM »
I hate to say this, but this country would be better off if every single one of them was Zimmermanned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions