Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Oklahoma nailed with F4 or F5

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Oklahoma nailed with F4 or F5
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »
Hopefully, this won't open this thread up to a religious debate.  However, this is a good example of what I believe concerning God.  While I do think there are times God intervenes in life, there is no way anyone could make me believe that God is up in Heaven, pushing buttons and pulling levers, deciding who lives and who dies today.  What can I do today?  Hmmm....think I'll send a few F5 tornadoes through the Midwest and really fruck things up.  Yeah, that'll teach em' a lesson.  Not sure they'll understand the lesson, but that's okay.  If they don't, I'll just send that jet into the side of a mountain and kill all 300 people aboard. Wait, no.  Some widlfires that will wipe out hundreds of homes might work better. 

Several years back, some friends of ours lost their infant child to spinal menengitis. We were in line at visitation and just before we got to our friends, this lady in front of us was trying to tell them that God has a plan and don't question why this happened.  When I finally resisted the urge to punch her lights out, I thought if God really did decide He wanted to take this couple's child from them, then that's not a God I want anything to do with.  But people believe that.  And plenty of people believe that God decided to wipe whole cities out with storms the last few days. 

How about leaving God out of this as far as the cause and just accept that when different weather systems converge, bad stuff can and often does happen.  Humans are imperfect and the planes they build don't always work at 100%. Some idiot carelessly throws a lit cigarette butt out the car window and fires start that devastate people's lives.   

Spot on, I have some very religious friends which I don’t mind as they have their believes and I have my mind, but when they start spouting about how this was god’s plan, I really want to ask them at what part of his divine plan includes killing innocent children and brining devastation to a region who had similar devastation in 1999.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 02:14:48 PM »
Thunder boomers are on there way: Projected 4:00pm weather

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 02:25:06 PM »
Thunder boomers are on there way: Projected 4:00pm weather

God is mad with the people of Grapevine?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 03:03:02 PM »
Hopefully, this won't open this thread up to a religious debate.  However, this is a good example of what I believe concerning God.  While I do think there are times God intervenes in life, there is no way anyone could make me believe that God is up in Heaven, pushing buttons and pulling levers, deciding who lives and who dies today.  What can I do today?  Hmmm....think I'll send a few F5 tornadoes through the Midwest and really fruck things up.  Yeah, that'll teach em' a lesson.  Not sure they'll understand the lesson, but that's okay.  If they don't, I'll just send that jet into the side of a mountain and kill all 300 people aboard. Wait, no.  Some widlfires that will wipe out hundreds of homes might work better. 

Several years back, some friends of ours lost their infant child to spinal menengitis. We were in line at visitation and just before we got to our friends, this lady in front of us was trying to tell them that God has a plan and don't question why this happened.  When I finally resisted the urge to punch her lights out, I thought if God really did decide He wanted to take this couple's child from them, then that's not a God I want anything to do with.  But people believe that.  And plenty of people believe that God decided to wipe whole cities out with storms the last few days. 

How about leaving God out of this as far as the cause and just accept that when different weather systems converge, bad stuff can and often does happen.  Humans are imperfect and the planes they build don't always work at 100%. Some idiot carelessly throws a lit cigarette butt out the car window and fires start that devastate people's lives.   

Word. Had something similar happen to me about 7 years ago. and the people saying things like that did a lot of damage in my return to the church. I was bitter about those comments and thought process for a long time. It still bothers me to think about...

I kind of understand what they were trying to say...but to hear something like that from someone who has no earthly idea what it feels like to feel that pain, pissed me off to no end...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 03:04:49 PM »
Of course, now I go to a church where the preacher kind of puts it in to perspective by saying, "If the church you attend or the people that attend your church haven't pissed you off at some point, you haven't been going to that church long enough."

I think that applies to that logic as well...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 03:10:56 PM »
God is mad with the people of Grapevine?

With all the construction going on in Grapevine, I don't blame him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 03:23:29 PM »
With all the construction going on in Grapevine, I don't blame him.

But it will be nice when finished...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 03:32:35 PM »
But it will be nice when finished...

We will most likley have Jetson like transportation by then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 03:35:44 PM »

My approach is likely too simplistic but I kind of justify the bad things happening to good people in my mind by telling myself that there are things that we just aren't capable of understanding. And that there is some good that can come out of bad things, even though it seems impossible to connect the dots. That's not much but it's all I got.

There were people who were punished in the bible but I can't go along with everything that happens bad is punishment. Those of us who are believers have likely all questioned the bad things before. We don't know why. Maybe that's why they call it faith instead of certainty. If it was all good all of the time, it would be a lot easier to believe for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »
My approach is likely too simplistic but I kind of justify the bad things happening to good people in my mind by telling myself that there are things that we just aren't capable of understanding. And that there is some good that can come out of bad things, even though it seems impossible to connect the dots. That's not much but it's all I got.

There were people who were punished in the bible but I can't go along with everything that happens bad is punishment. Those of us who are believers have likely all questioned the bad things before. We don't know why. Maybe that's why they call it faith instead of certainty. If it was all good all of the time, it would be a lot easier to believe for sure.

I have alot of questions-one being:

Man wrote the bible based on the word of god, if man is imperfect what makes you think he would write this as it needed to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »

Man wrote the bible based on the word of god, if man is imperfect what makes you think he would write this as it needed to be.

I told you not to turn this into a religious debate.  Now see what you've done?

There's a lot of troof in what you just wrote....in my mind anyway. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 04:25:24 PM »

The bible is the work of over 60 writers over a time frame of 1500 years with very little interaction from most writers themselves...and they still managed to write a coherent book with basically the same ideas and theme all the way around. Seems pretty unrealistic that that could happen any other way than divine intervention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 04:26:41 PM »

If God truly is omnipotent and omnipresent AND he used man to write his words, I feel like he'll make sure they are correct. At the same time, along the same lines of what you are saying, a group of men met and decided which books made the cut and which ones didn't. So, I assume their decision was divinely inspired as well.

But while we're at it, since we are supposed to be in an ever expanding universe since the supposed big bang, what is on the other side of the expansion?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 04:28:40 PM »
I told you not to turn this into a religious debate.  Now see what you've done?

There's a lot of troof in what you just wrote....in my mind anyway.

Origin Cuneiform. It was twisted to a certain religious intent and to control an entire globe.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2013, 04:30:30 PM »
The bible is the work of over 60 writers over a time frame of 1500 years with very little interaction from most writers themselves...and they still managed to write a coherent book with basically the same ideas and theme all the way around. Seems pretty unrealistic that that could happen any other way than divine intervention.

Four Rabbis discussed how the Moses story was to be written.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »
Four Rabbis discussed how the Moses story was to be written.

You may have a point if I knew you didn't think 911 was an inside job...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 04:55:35 PM »

I remember that in the Bible when God decided to destroy something there was:

1) A warning (Noah warned about flood, Lot warned about Sodom and Gomorrah, Jonah warned about Nineveh which repented and was not destroyed)

2) There was little doubt that God was pissed and completely removed the city from everything but the historical record.

Didn't see either of those things in OK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2013, 05:21:23 PM »
You may have a point if I knew you didn't think 911 was an inside job...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ISoUzy_6K4#t=15m15s

The Epic of Gilgamesh itself (whose name is drawn in cuneiform like a flame and a hollowed bowl) begins with a command to find a copper box which contains the writing of what occurred before the flood:

He who has seen everything, I will make known (?) to the lands.
I will teach (?) about him who experienced all things,
... alike,
Anu granted him the totality of knowledge of all.
He saw the Secret, discovered the Hidden,
he brought information of (the time) before the Flood.

In those places, Umal was made clean in a purification bath,
fully immersed, he did emerge clean.
As the young men of Dilmun (unreadable)
readied the new ship, the new ships, the planned vessels,
Inscribed by Ut napishtim at the direction of Enlil on behalf of Ea,
were made ready in those designated places.

Umal is the location of a potential inexplicable ‘meteor crash’ in Iraq around the same time that the Epic of Gilgamesh was said to have been written. It was discovered after the marshes began to be drained by Saddam Hussein starting in December of 1992. What once was covered over is now a dry bed and it is given the name Umm al Binni Lake that was a part of an extensive study by the University of the Witwatersrand at Johannesburg (http://www.itc.nl/library/Papers_2004/tech_rep/woldai_umm.pdf). It hit the news in 2001 as the site of a potential bolide meteor crash in the marshes, thus being a possible explanation for the Biblical flood. However, a mystery was embedded within the report, stating that the actual crater site had a ‘polygonal outline’ which differed greatly from the highly irregular outlines of the surrounding lakes. The bolide meteor was presented as a theory, but there were still several mysteries sited in the analysis.

http://www.itc.nl/library/Papers_2004/tech_rep/woldai_umm.pdf
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:41:41 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2013, 06:15:17 PM »

It's usually the agnostics that start that debate. Just saying. Live and let live. Don't like the concept of God? Then don't believe in it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE