Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Oklahoma nailed with F4 or F5

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Oklahoma nailed with F4 or F5
« on: May 20, 2013, 04:54:03 PM »
Two schools wiped out, don't know specifics on injuries yet.

http://wgnradio.com/2013/05/19/live-video-tornadoes-in-oklahoma/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Oklahoma nailed with F4 or F5
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 05:18:59 PM »
Holy crap.  Mind blowing how bad those things can be.  I can't see how the death toll won't be way up there unless there was big time advanced warning and underground shelters are the norm out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »
Is it bad that I'm wishing these things on another place?  Because I am. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 05:41:21 PM »

I don't think they have many tornadoes in North Korea.  Usually it's those sunami.....oh wait....you meant....oh, that's bad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 06:00:58 PM »

Triumph to Tragedy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 06:07:27 PM »
I don't think they have many tornadoes in North Korea.  Usually it's those sunami.....oh wait....you meant....oh, that's bad.

What I meant is not what you might think. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 06:24:31 PM »
Holy crap.  Mind blowing how bad those things can be.  I can't see how the death toll won't be way up there unless there was big time advanced warning and underground shelters are the norm out there.

I think they had a 30 minute warning. Hundreds of horse dead, along with other animals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »
Gary! Hey Gary!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 10:17:20 PM »
Damn...at least 24 kids killed.  Prayers out to the folks in OK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 09:43:06 AM »
Damn...at least 24 kids killed.  Prayers out to the folks in OK.

You know it's as bad as it gets when 3 hours after the storm hit the reporter says, "They've officially called the operation in this neighborhood a search & recover. It's no longer a search and rescue."

In other words, if you weren't underground, you ceased to exist.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 09:59:52 AM »
You know it's as bad as it gets when 3 hours after the storm hit the reporter says, "They've officially called the operation in this neighborhood a search & recover. It's no longer a search and rescue."

In other words, if you weren't underground, you ceased to exist.   

I read this morning though that they actually found over 100 people that were buried under the rubble all in one place.  That is nothing short of a miracle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »
I read this morning though that they actually found over 100 people that were buried under the rubble all in one place.  That is nothing short of a miracle.

No question about it.  You look at those scenes and wonder how anyone could survive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 10:32:07 AM »
Dang...it's really dusty in my office today.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »
If the government wants to piss away money, then I suggest they do it on a good cause. Every home in those flat ares should have a subsidy to put some sort of underground shelter at each house. (this would not be wasted money)

There has to be some sort of very reasonable shelter that can be installed. They wasted millions in New Orleans with little to no return. Help these folks for future events such as this.

I wonder if these folks will get the relief that NO and NJ got. Or if they are just a bunch of midwesterners that nobody cares about.

The finger of God is a devastating thing. God help and bless the families affected.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 10:51:02 AM »

The finger of God is a devastating thing. God help and bless the families affected.

I get so confused.

Is this when god has a plan or is he working in mysterious ways here?

PS - the finger of god is no match for the fist of Jumbo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 11:01:16 AM »
Help crews are leaving Dallas this morning.

They say we have a similar cold front building to the west and moving this way this afternoon. Could be a bumby afternoon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 11:05:54 AM »
Help crews are leaving Dallas this morning.

They say we have a similar cold front building to the west and moving this way this afternoon. Could be a bumby afternoon.

I wonder if OK will stop them at the state line and send them back because they are not union?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 11:13:33 AM »
I get so confused.

Is this when god has a plan or is he working in mysterious ways here?

PS - the finger of god is no match for the fist of Jumbo.

Hopefully, this won't open this thread up to a religious debate.  However, this is a good example of what I believe concerning God.  While I do think there are times God intervenes in life, there is no way anyone could make me believe that God is up in Heaven, pushing buttons and pulling levers, deciding who lives and who dies today.  What can I do today?  Hmmm....think I'll send a few F5 tornadoes through the Midwest and really fruck things up.  Yeah, that'll teach em' a lesson.  Not sure they'll understand the lesson, but that's okay.  If they don't, I'll just send that jet into the side of a mountain and kill all 300 people aboard. Wait, no.  Some widlfires that will wipe out hundreds of homes might work better. 

Several years back, some friends of ours lost their infant child to spinal menengitis. We were in line at visitation and just before we got to our friends, this lady in front of us was trying to tell them that God has a plan and don't question why this happened.  When I finally resisted the urge to punch her lights out, I thought if God really did decide He wanted to take this couple's child from them, then that's not a God I want anything to do with.  But people believe that.  And plenty of people believe that God decided to wipe whole cities out with storms the last few days. 

How about leaving God out of this as far as the cause and just accept that when different weather systems converge, bad stuff can and often does happen.  Humans are imperfect and the planes they build don't always work at 100%. Some idiot carelessly throws a lit cigarette butt out the car window and fires start that devastate people's lives.   
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:15:25 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 11:15:24 AM »

How about leaving God out of this as far as the cause and just accept that when different weather systems converge, bad stuff can and often does happen.  Humans are imperfect and the planes they build don't always work at 100%. Some idiot carelessly throw a lit cigarette butt out the car window and fires start that devastate people's lives.   

That's what I was saying...without the snark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »
It was a meat-of-four!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions