Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Oklahoma nailed with F4 or F5

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Oklahoma nailed with F4 or F5
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 02:04:56 PM »
What about what military guys do by being under orders?

What about hunters who hunt for sport (not to feed your family?)

Is it not all killing?

I sleep fine at night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2013, 02:06:48 PM »
What some?   Do we once again we have Mans views of holy laws.

What is the difference between the bible and the book of Mormon?

Both written by man.

Who wrote the bible?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ISoUzy_6K4#t=15m00s
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2013, 02:09:25 PM »
I sleep fine at night.

As do I. I have no qualms about anything I did in the military, (Especially the stuff I didn't get caught doing)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2013, 02:30:43 PM »
That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.
Now I get it. Now I understand. You want it to happen... but it's not going to happen. Because it's a Catch-22.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »
Now I get it. Now I understand. You want it to happen... but it's not going to happen. Because it's a Catch-22.

I know fucking karate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2013, 02:36:39 PM »
I know fucking karate.

Now thats a big cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2013, 02:52:54 PM »
I got a feeling that behind those jeans is something wonderful just waiting to get out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Ogre

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2013, 03:21:58 PM »
And I am not trying to be a richard, these are just questions I have had: ( I have my own beliefs)

10 Commandants says:  Thou shall not kill

Doesn't say what, it doesn't say your situation my dictate it say (SHALL NOT KILL)

God has given man free will which we answer for by mans laws and moral law. I kill in a man in cold blood I have punishment on earth and to god.

What about what military guys do by being under orders?

What about hunters who hunt for sport (not to feed your family?)

Is it not all killing?

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but I'll take a stab at this from this Christian's perspective. 

God gave the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" in the Old Testament.  That's a pretty easy one for most of us (excluding those of you who served in the military).  However, take a look at what Jesus said in the New Testament (Matthew 5:21-22):

"You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment. But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, You fool! will be liable to the hell of fire."

So essentially Jesus comes along and takes a somewhat easy-to-follow rule and equates anger in one's heart with murder.  I'm pretty sure that covers the rest of us, myself included. 

The point is not that if you follow a set of rules you'll be judged as a "good" person and get to go to Heaven when you die, or you don't follow the rules and you go to hell.  It's that every one of us is completely incapable of living up to the perfect standard that God has.  The only person that could and did was Jesus.  He lived the life we can't live and he paid the punishment that we should have received when he died on the Cross.  The good news is that three days later he was resurrected and in doing so defeated death once and for all.  As a result he calls us to live a life of repentance and believe in Him, accept the work he did for you on the Cross.  He did everything.  You don't have to do anything but believe in faith, and in doing so you will receive eternal life.   

Being a Christian doesn't mean that you're perfect.  It means that you realize that you are anything but, and you put your hope and faith in the One who was.  There is such freedom in that.  I don't have to sit around and worry about following a set of rules.  I still royally screw up on a daily basis, but I know that my sins are forgiven - past, present and future.  And in a morbid way, the day I die will be the greatest day of my life, because I won't have to live in a broken creation that produces F5 tornadoes, Sandy Hook school shootings, cancer, and the like.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2013, 03:26:32 PM »
Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but I'll take a stab at this from this Christian's perspective. 

God gave the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" in the Old Testament.  That's a pretty easy one for most of us (excluding those of you who served in the military).  However, take a look at what Jesus said in the New Testament (Matthew 5:21-22):

"You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment. But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, You fool! will be liable to the hell of fire."

So essentially Jesus comes along and takes a somewhat easy-to-follow rule and equates anger in one's heart with murder.  I'm pretty sure that covers the rest of us, myself included. 

The point is not that if you follow a set of rules you'll be judged as a "good" person and get to go to Heaven when you die, or you don't follow the rules and you go to hell.  It's that every one of us is completely incapable of living up to the perfect standard that God has.  The only person that could and did was Jesus.  He lived the life we can't live and he paid the punishment that we should have received when he died on the Cross.  The good news is that three days later he was resurrected and in doing so defeated death once and for all.  As a result he calls us to live a life of repentance and believe in Him, accept the work he did for you on the Cross.  He did everything.  You don't have to do anything but believe in faith, and in doing so you will receive eternal life.   

Being a Christian doesn't mean that you're perfect.  It means that you realize that you are anything but, and you put your hope and faith in the One who was.  There is such freedom in that.  I don't have to sit around and worry about following a set of rules.  I still royally screw up on a daily basis, but I know that my sins are forgiven - past, present and future.  And in a morbid way, the day I die will be the greatest day of my life, because I won't have to live in a broken creation that produces F5 tornadoes, Sandy Hook school shootings, cancer, and the like.

What the fuck Obama got to do with this?    j/k

OK, let me ask this, had Hitler asked for forgiveness on his death bed and became a Christian, would his sins had been forgiven?

And once again I am not trying to prod or goat answers, I am simply trying to ask questions about how some religious folks come to their understandings of their faith.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:29:19 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2013, 03:30:27 PM »

Unlike this guy.

GRAPHIC:  http://www.wkrg.com/story/22397656/cameron-indications-london-attack-terror

I would have jacked this motherfucker on the spot.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »
What the fudge Obama got to do with this?    j/k

OK, let me ask this, had Hitler asked for forgiveness on his death bed and became a Christian, would his sins had been forgiven?

And once again I am not trying to prod or goat answers, I am simply trying to ask questions about how some religious folks come to their understandings of their faith.

Ultimately that's between him and God.  However, I believe that Jesus paid for the sins of the entire world, so that would include those committed by Hitler.  If he had a truly repentant heart I would have to believe that his sins would be forgiven just like yours and mine would.  That said, only God can judge the sincerity of a person's heart and I certainly am in no position to answer for Him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2013, 03:50:09 PM »
Ultimately that's between him and God.  However, I believe that Jesus paid for the sins of the entire world, so that would include those committed by Hitler.  If he had a truly repentant heart I would have to believe that his sins would be forgiven just like yours and mine would.  That said, only God can judge the sincerity of a person's heart and I certainly am in no position to answer for Him.

This is what I guess I don't understand, Dude killed 10 million folks and at the last minute has a change of heart and all is ok.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2013, 04:13:04 PM »
This is what I guess I don't understand, Dude killed 10 million folks and at the last minute has a change of heart and all is ok.

Like I said, that's ultimately between him and God.  I can't answer that with 100% certainty.  However, I know that people could run down a list of all the things I've done in my life and there is absolutely no way I'd be allowed in either except by the grace of God. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2013, 04:14:43 PM »
Like I said, that's ultimately between him and God.  I can't answer that with 100% certainty.  However, I know that people could run down a list of all the things I've done in my life and there is absolutely no way I'd be allowed in either except by the grace of God.

I will never count myself as sheep going to slaughter. I'm sorry, I just don't buy the passivity of it all. Furthermore, I don't buy into the different dogma, or different religions, made by man. Every culture/new country has a religion that is used to control and manipulate them. I'm no longer affected by this.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:16:45 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »
I will never count myself as sheep going to slaughter.

The irony of this statement is that (to me) that is exactly what you are. 

I'm sorry, I just don't buy the passivity of it all. Furthermore, I don't buy into the different dogma, or different religions, made by man. Every culture/new country has a religion that is used to control and manipulate them. I'm no longer affected by this.

That is completely your prerogative.  Good luck doing life on your own.  I tried it for 31 years and realized that I make a terrible God. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2013, 04:26:27 PM »
And the questions I ask I should be asking to the bible thumpers around here where I live. They use religion when it suits there purpose or make them feel better.

I did kind of shut one guy up here at work. We all have seen the video of the lady being interviewed in OK and right at the end she finds her dog. No doubt kick-ass, but he claims that was gods miracle so my question to him was " was that not gods plan to put the dog there via that massive killer tornado?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2013, 04:26:52 PM »

Sounds like a great example of how God would show his mercy and forgiveness. A good portion of the New Testament was written by a man transformed from a Christian murderer. On his way to find another to kill, he met Christ. Well, lets just say things changed for the guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2013, 04:35:02 PM »
And the questions I ask I should be asking to the bible thumpers around here where I live. They use religion when it suits there purpose or make them feel better.

I did kind of shut one guy up here at work. We all have seen the video of the lady being interviewed in OK and right at the end she finds her dog. No doubt kick-ass, but he claims that was gods miracle so my question to him was " was that not gods plan to put the dog there via that massive killer tornado?

This^^^^^^^

It's a festivus miracle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »

So you're resting in the notion that because bad things happen that there is no God?  The bottom line is we live in a broken creation.  Do I believe that God sent that tornado to Oklahoma?  Not at all.  Could he have prevented it from happening?  Yes he could.  Why didn't he?  I have no idea.  Just like I have no idea why he didn't prevent the tornado outbreak that hit Alabama in 2011, or that tsunami that killed 250k people in 2004, or why he didn't prevent my dad from getting cancer. 

Bad things happen and will continue to happen until the return of Christ.  It's not up to me to know why.  What events like this do for me is remind me that I am not promised tomorrow.  I mean, none of those people who were killed woke up and thought to themselves "Well, this could be it."  It goes to show how fragile life really is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »
So you're resting in the notion that because bad things happen that there is no God?  The bottom line is we live in a broken creation.  Do I believe that God sent that tornado to Oklahoma?  Not at all.  Could he have prevented it from happening?  Yes he could.  Why didn't he?  I have no idea.  Just like I have no idea why he didn't prevent the tornado outbreak that hit Alabama in 2011, or that tsunami that killed 250k people in 2004, or why he didn't prevent my dad from getting cancer. 

Bad things happen and will continue to happen until the return of Christ.  It's not up to me to know why.  What events like this do for me is remind me that I am not promised tomorrow.  I mean, none of those people who were killed woke up and thought to themselves "Well, this could be it."  It goes to show how fragile life really is.

Exactly my point from earlier.  Does He intervene at times?  I'm sure He does.  Is he arbitrarily wiping people and property off the face of the earth without any clear understanding as to why?  Never, ever make me believe it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."