Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

To Joseph

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
To Joseph
« on: May 24, 2013, 05:00:28 PM »
...and all the fallen heroes. God bless you for your sacrifice for this great country. This year, the meaning of this hits close to home. A family friend, a helluva Marine and an awesome dad that I have known since he was just a young lad paid the ultimate sacrifice in Kabul; Joseph Elrod. I can still remember when he was deciding to enlist.
http://josephelrodmemorial.blogspot.com/
Joseph Elrod was unexpectedly killed on 16 May 2013 in Kabul, Afghanistan. He was 33 years old. Joe was born on 13 October 1979 in Oneonta, Alabama. He is survived by his wife Pia and sons William, Patrick, and Logan; parents Brenda McBrayer Demetriou, Coleman Elrod, and Michael Demetriou; and sister Ashley Bogue.

A graduate of Appalachian High School, Joe joined the US Marine Corps in 1998. His duty assignments include: 2nd Topographic Platoon at Camp Lejeune, NC; 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit; Joint Intelligence Center Pacific in Hawaii; and Marine Special Operations Command.

Joe was a devoted husband, a loving father, and a cherished friend. He will be greatly missed and forever remembered.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:45:30 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: To Joseph
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 05:16:41 PM »
Hear, hear. Let us remember those who gave it all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
God bless him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:31:41 PM »
So sorry, simp. God bless his family, especially those three boys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 08:49:46 AM »
So sorry, simp. God bless his family, especially those three boys.

Thanks for the sentiment TW but to be honest its this whole family that needs the sympathy, especially the kids like you said. Man, that really freaking sucks in a really bad way. I hate it for them. Josesphs older cousin and I were in the service together. Really great guy too. The whole family are all great genuine people.

I guess my main thought for this thread is just to remember those that have lost their lives serving our country, whether it be the military or any other types such as law enforcement. Also, if we do know a family or just one person that was left behind, it wouldn't hurt any of us to go out of our way a little to show respect. Even its just a handshake or a hug. That's all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 07:49:52 PM »
God speed lil bro.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 08:30:34 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 06:47:54 AM »
Fucking dust.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 10:59:47 AM »
To all my brother and sisters who have served:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 11:44:46 AM »
To those who serve/served.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 03:09:53 PM »
To Joseph!  And to the US of A.

:bar:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions