Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Elementary School Shooting

Re: Elementary School Shooting
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2012, 11:15:58 AM »
Sorry, I wasn't going to comment further, but I can't help it.

WHAT THE fudge. This is up there with Westboro lunacy. So basically Rick is saying that the reason this is happening is because God is punishing us for not hating fags enough? "I don't wanna hear no medical science mumbo jumbo about no mental disorders!" Why isn't this happening more often in the Middle East and Asia where pretty much no one believes in the Christian God?

Maybe he wore body armor because he wanted to do as much damage as possible before offing himself? Nahhh...illogical. "Seems to be a conflict there, dudn't it," as Bubba so eloquently put it.

Seriously?  The only difference is there it is carried out by "sane" people who are well organized.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/9014282/Afghan-boy-suicide-bombers-tell-how-they-are-brainwashed-into-believing-they-will-survive.html  (Afghan child suicide bombers)

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/26/world/la-fg-pakistan-education-taliban-20121027  (Taliban attacks schools and individual children in Afghanistan)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_%282010%E2%80%932011%29  (Multiple school attacks in China)

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2007/02/25/let_117908.shtml  (Child prostitutes in Thailand)

Took me all of 3 minutes to find.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2012, 11:16:17 AM »
I think Chad's issue with Rick's rant is that he is not addressing the issue.  The issue is mental illness and how to prevent similar instances in the future.  Instead, Rick decides to use the tragedy as a way to preach down to people and sway people towards his religious view point. 

Like you said, there have been tragedies throughout history.  To say God is smiting us and that we need to beg his forgiveness or we will burn like Rome, is...well...why a lot of people turn up there noses towards some Christians.
Exactly.

5:30

Shaking his head with disgust that we are "chasin' off after gun control. Chasin' off after...we're gon' have some discussion about mental illness. So God can't stop someone who's mentally ill from slaughtering people? Of course he can! The question you'd better ask yourself is why isn't God holdin back his wrath? Why is he allowing it to happen, because he is. That better be our focus. Anything less than that will solve nothing."

Seriously? So he's saying A) humans don't have free will, and B) he's dismissing the very notion of even having discussions about mental illness because it's ignoring the "real" issue, which is that our society is not "righteous" enough for God's liking, so he's punishing us?

Tell me how this is different from the Westboro Baptist Church?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2012, 12:20:17 PM »
Seriously? So he's saying A) humans don't have free will, and B) he's dismissing the very notion of even having discussions about mental illness because it's ignoring the "real" issue, which is that our society is not "righteous" enough for God's liking, so he's punishing us?

Tell me how this is different from the Westboro Baptist Church?

Rick's view is Rick's view.  I don't necessarily agree that this is part of "God's Wrath."  Evil events occur, and will continue to occur until Jesus returns.  In saying that, no person, group or society will ever be "righteous" enough for God's liking.  From America to Israel to Iran to North Korea, not one country will ever attain that status.  No one person will either, for that matter. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
I think Chad's issue with Rick's rant is that he is not addressing the issue.  The issue is mental illness and how to prevent similar instances in the future.  Instead, Rick decides to use the tragedy as a way to preach down to people and sway people towards his religious view point. 

Like you said, there have been tragedies throughout history.  To say God is smiting us and that we need to beg his forgiveness or we will burn like Rome, is...well...why a lot of people turn up there noses towards some Christians.

The treatment for Autism/Assburgers and the condition itself are the cause of violence.

Shame on the Columbia Journalism Review for such shoddy claims. Nobody is saying that Asperger's or Autism leads to violence. It is the medications prescribed for those conditions that are the problem. There is a long and well-documented link between SSRI medications and random acts of otherwise inexplicable violence. The web site ssristories.com lists 66 incidents of violence at schools in which the perpetrators were taking or withdrawing from prescription anti-depressants at the time. One of the Columbine killers, Eric Harris, was on Zoloft then later Luvox (the other shooter's medical records have never been released). It is reasonable to ask what medications the Dark Knight Shooter was taking, or the man who shot up that mall in Portland.

Congress has already held hearings on the dangers of SSRIs, but members of congress do not want to risk campaign contributions from Big Pharma, nor does the corporate media wish to lose those lucrative pharmaceutical advertising deals, so the public is kept in the dark, and the blame for violence dropped on guns.

The medical profession also knows there is a problem. They even have a fancy-sounding name for it, "Akathisia", a name used to cloud the link between psychotic episodes and prescription anti-depressants. According to the website lawyersandsettlements.com it is normal for pharmaceutical corporations to settle claims out of court and include a non-disclosure clause along with payment to the families. When cases do go to court, the court records are usually sealed.

Don’t take my word for it, web-search “SSRI suicide” and “SSRI homicide” and “SSRI violence” and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off!

http://whatreallyhappened.com/node/208201

http://lib.bioinfo.pl/pmid:10647977

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »
The treatment for Autism/Assburgers and the condition itself are the cause of violence.

http://lib.bioinfo.pl/pmid:10647977

For once I agree with you somewhat. Although I think the drugs are a component of the entire problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »
In saying that, no person, group or society will ever be "righteous" enough for God's liking.  From America to Israel to Iran to North Korea, not one country will ever attain that status.  No one person will either, for that matter.

Even these guys?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2012, 02:42:32 PM »
I'm not going to preach, and it may or may not have had anything to do with this case....

But if you take God out of EVERYTHING, you end up with a GODLESS society
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »
I'm not going to preach, and it may or may not have had anything to do with this case....

Isn't that what we presently have in this country?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2012, 03:35:58 PM »
Isn't that what we presently have in this country?

No.  Not even close
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2012, 03:43:25 PM »
Even these guys?

Especially those guys. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »

Like taking God out of the Catholic Church, which led to all those child molestations. 

Or taking God out of the evangelical church, which led to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_involving_evangelical_Christians#List_of_evangelical_Christians_involved_in_scandals .
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2012, 03:52:29 PM »
Hey, Jimmy Swaggart was really, really sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »
No.  Not even close

I think we are closer than most people realize.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »
Like taking God out of the Catholic Church, which led to all those child molestations. 

Or taking God out of the evangelical church, which led to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_involving_evangelical_Christians#List_of_evangelical_Christians_involved_in_scandals .
Big difference between God and man...and man made religions.  Religions unto themselves are fallible because they are made, run and determined by fallible men based on books written 2000 plus years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Ogre

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2012, 05:09:36 PM »
Big difference between God and man...and man made religions.  Religions unto themselves are fallible because they are made, run and determined by fallible men based on books written 2000 plus years ago.

Interesting take.  So with that stated, what you do you make of Jesus' life?  I'm genuinely curious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
Interesting take.  So with that stated, what you do you make of Jesus' life?  I'm genuinely curious.
The story of Jesus was written by a man, not named Jesus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »
The story of Jesus was written by a man, not named Jesus.

So, first hand, eye witness accounts from those who walked side by side with him mean nothing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »
So, first hand, eye witness accounts from those who walked side by side with him mean nothing?

No one said that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
No one said that.

Why was the comment even necessary if that wasn't pretty much the intent?  The question was what do you think about Jesus' life.  Answer:  It was a story written by man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2012, 05:42:36 PM »
Why was the comment even necessary if that wasn't pretty much the intent?  The question was what do you think about Jesus' life.  Answer:  It was a story written by man.
Well, it was.  And I was just adding to Godfather's comment for further discussion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."