Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Elementary School Shooting

Re: Elementary School Shooting
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2012, 01:46:26 PM »
I have only heard a few people talk about what seems to me to be a bigger problem - treatment for mental illness.  And I know Token will back me up here.

This guy could have threatened to kill his mother daily - but until he made a move on her, there is NOTHING she can do legally to protect herself or anyone else.  He has to make good on a violent act before he can be charged with anything, which is then too little too late.

Access to appropriate care for the mentally ill is non-existent.  THAT is a common thread among all of these cases - not only are they in strict gun control states, but they are in touchy feeley "even crazy people got rights" states.  If someone is a threat to himself, fine.  If they are a threat to others?  They need to be removed from society - yeah, I said it.  You keeping your violent son with congnitive disassociation disorder living next door to me because you can't stand the thought of him being locked up somewhere safe?  I don't think so.  But there is also no where to send these damaged people.

Go read the article I posted in another thread called "I am Adam Lanza's Mother" and see if you don't want to just reach through your computer and bitch slap this woman.

And yeah, let's pile on the mother a little bit:  you have a mentally disturbed kid in your house and you have GUNS accessible to him?  You take him to the gun range to improve his aim?  This is not a gun control issue - she can legally own as many as she likes, I don't care.  But dammit, she should have made sure they were secured and out of his reach.  I am held liable if my small kids get a gun and hurt themselves or others - a mentally disabled person is no different.  If she had survived?  Criminal charges should have been filed.

Holy shit.  THe gun control issue is an easy, politically popular hot button - but mental health care is not - and THAT is the real problem in this country.

You kind of brought this up in your post - What more could the government and mental health services do?  Routine inspections of homes with autistic kids to make sure they don't have any weapons around? 

You could have the perfect system in place to help Adam Lanza, but if Mama is going to have guns and knives and other harmful materials accessible to the kid, then damage is going to happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »
Don't forget the army dude caught in the woods and the LIBOR connection. 

BLACK HELICOPTERS

I think I have enough already. My point has been proven. I shot down the black helicopter shortly after I shot down the drone. 10 gauge magnum full bore. I'm off to be the wizard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2012, 02:59:33 PM »
I think I have enough already. My point has been proven. I shot down the black helicopter shortly after I shot down the drone. 10 gauge magnum full bore. I'm off to be the wizard.
Are you Adam Lanza's mother?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2012, 03:01:18 PM »
Today, the Baldwin County School superintendent here in Alabama is proposing at least one armed police officer in every school in the system each school day.  The estimated cost would be $3.5 million per year, or 66 cents per day per student. 

Will this guarantee that nothing like the CT tragedy will happen in my county?  No.  Do I think it is a sad state of affairs that this is even contemplated?  Yes.  I don't care if it costs $7 million.  Do it.  If we aren't going to allow teachers to arm themselves, I think that this is the next best thing.  Fight fire with fire.  Here in Baldwin county, we pay an extra penny tax that goes directly to the school system.  We voted for this tax hike to combat proration by the state.  Baldwin County can certainly afford it, and I'm glad they're going to try to make it happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2012, 03:03:49 PM »

This frog shows up at the doctor's office and explains to the Doc that his johnson has turned yellow.  The Doc examines him and says "Ooohh, this is a case that only the wizard can handle.  You need to see the wizard."  He gives the frog directions and off he goes.

Next patient is a rabbit with the same problem except his willy has turned orange.  The Doc examines him and says, "Oh, a lot of this going around.  You need to see the wizard.  He can cure you."

Okay, but how do I get there?

It's easy.  Just follow the yellow dick toad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2012, 03:53:11 PM »
This frog shows up at the doctor's office and explains to the Doc that his johnson has turned yellow.  The Doc examines him and says "Ooohh, this is a case that only the wizard can handle.  You need to see the wizard."  He gives the frog directions and off he goes.

Next patient is a rabbit with the same problem except his willy has turned orange.  The Doc examines him and says, "Oh, a lot of this going around.  You need to see the wizard.  He can cure you."

Okay, but how do I get there?

It's easy.  Just follow the yellow dick toad.

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »
Today, the Baldwin County School superintendent here in Alabama is proposing at least one armed police officer in every school in the system each school day.  The estimated cost would be $3.5 million per year, or 66 cents per day per student. 

Will this guarantee that nothing like the CT tragedy will happen in my county?  No.  Do I think it is a sad state of affairs that this is even contemplated?  Yes.  I don't care if it costs $7 million.  Do it.  If we aren't going to allow teachers to arm themselves, I think that this is the next best thing.  Fight fire with fire.  Here in Baldwin county, we pay an extra penny tax that goes directly to the school system.  We voted for this tax hike to combat proration by the state.  Baldwin County can certainly afford it, and I'm glad they're going to try to make it happen.

Dropped off my daughter at school this morning and a deputy was there at the door, gun at his side.  I asked if he was going to be there all day and he answered in the affirmative.  I think he was standing there in plain view as more of a reassurance to the parents than the kids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Token

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2012, 04:34:47 PM »
Dropped off my daughter at school this morning and a deputy was there at the door, gun at his side.  I asked if he was going to be there all day and he answered in the affirmative.  I think he was standing there in plain view as more of a reassurance to the parents than the kids.

He was.  And I've seen the argument that the gunman would simply shoot the officer first.  It's a valid argument, and could probably happen.  But Chad already touched on this today.  Why is it always schools?  Because the crazy, deranged, mentally unstable gunman are always stable enough to know where there isn't a gun.  They aren't afraid to die, obviously, but if there is a chance they are going to be shot and killed before stepping in the door, probably going to find somewhere else first.  And if they don't?  If they do get into a gun fight with an officer at the door?  Even if they kill the officer, 1 round being fired is enough for teachers to start shutting and locking classroom doors while other officers are on the way. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:40:47 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
Alot of our local departments did this, and plan to do so for the whole week.  The department that I work for included.  Some parents actually don't like it and they think it sends the wrong message to the kids.  Like you said, it is more so for reassurance than anything. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2012, 04:46:08 PM »
He was.  And I've seen the argument that the gunman would simply shoot the officer first.  It's a valid argument, and could probably happen.  But Chad already touched on this today.  Why is it always schools?  Because the crazy, deranged, mentally instable gunman are always stable enough to know where there isn't a gun.  They aren't afraid to die, obviously, but if there is a chance they are going to be shot and killed before stepping in the door, probably going to find somewhere else first.  And if they don't?  If they do get into a gun fight with an officer at the door?  Even if they kill the officer, 1 round being fired is enough for teachers to start shutting and locking classroom doors while other officers are on the way.
Exactly.

Call him a deterrent, a decoy, or whatever you want.  I don't know that I would guarantee, but I would be willing to bet that an officer at every school would more than likely save more lives than not having one.  You hit the nail on the head.  The turds target the places that they do because they want to kill as many as possible, and they know that they will be unopposed.  I think it is past time to change that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2012, 07:12:24 PM »

I approve of this message and Hallie Dixon cause she don't play. Sad that Mobile hasn't that type of leadership. Instead, we have fucking Moon Pies falling out of the sky. Makes me wanna move across the bay where Sheriff Huey “Hoss” Mack has things under control.

There is a nonviolent cure for this shit, but it involves security systems that would only be known by very few. With artificial intelligence it can be done though. Here is the main weapon to be use outside of the school and classrooms.

"All the calling card of satan"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:37:36 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2012, 12:42:10 AM »
I am tired of the "assault weapon" and high cap mag bullshit.

Many uneducated people talk about assault weapons. None if them can actually explain what one is. But they can show you a picture of it!

As I sit here, my high cap mag is begging me to go out and shoot some people. I'm not sure if I can withstand its allure. I have to put it up. I can't control myself.

Knee jerk reactions from people who have had it drilled in their head that all of the gun nuts are running around with assault rifle machine guns just waiting for somebody to piss us off.

And for the record, there are over 200 million guns in the US. You'd think us crazy gun nuts would have wiped out everybody by now!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:43:55 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2012, 09:01:48 AM »
I blame the drugs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 09:23:27 AM »
I blame the drugs.

I must agree, or lack thereof.

You may as well say that, from this point on, the rest of the events in Newtown, Connecticut, will be brought to you by Merck, Glaxo, and Pfizer.

Media outlets are already reporting that “a raft of services” will be available for the children of Sandy Hook Elementary school, and the Newtown community, where Adam Lanza killed 26 people yesterday.

This is phase two. It always happens at these mass murder events. The grief counselors. The social service workers. The psychologists.

They pour in. And they end up referring people to psychiatrists, who will in turn prescribe some of the very drugs that trigger murder and suicide.

The drugs that cause people to kill.

This is one way the psychiatric drug industry spreads its heinous influence.

http://lewrockwell.com/orig13/rappoport3.1.1.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »
"All the calling card of satan"

Well, there's your answer. Same reason Auburn sucked this year, according to Jonna Chizik.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2012, 09:46:50 AM »
Well, there's your answer. Same reason Auburn sucked this year, according to Jonna Chizik.
Sorry, I wasn't going to comment further, but I can't help it.

WHAT THE FUCK. This is up there with Westboro lunacy. So basically Rick is saying that the reason this is happening is because God is punishing us for not hating fags enough? "I don't wanna hear no medical science mumbo jumbo about no mental disorders!" Why isn't this happening more often in the Middle East and Asia where pretty much no one believes in the Christian God?

Maybe he wore body armor because he wanted to do as much damage as possible before offing himself? Nahhh...illogical. "Seems to be a conflict there, dudn't it," as Bubba so eloquently put it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2012, 09:54:56 AM »

WHAT THE FUCK. This is up there with Westboro lunacy. So basically Rick is saying that the reason this is happening is because God is punishing us for not hating fags enough? "I don't wanna hear no medical science mumbo jumbo about no mental disorders!" Why isn't this happening more often in the Middle East and Asia where pretty much no one believes in the Christian God?

Maybe he wore body armor because he wanted to do as much damage as possible before offing himself? Nahhh...illogical. "Seems to be a conflict there, dudn't it," as Bubba so eloquently put it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »

The Rev Billy Ray Collins reminds you to turn.....before ya burn!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Ogre

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2012, 10:45:42 AM »

WHAT THE fudge. This is up there with Westboro lunacy. So basically Rick is saying that the reason this is happening is because God is punishing us for not hating fags enough? "I don't wanna hear no medical science mumbo jumbo about no mental disorders!" Why isn't this happening more often in the Middle East and Asia where pretty much no one believes in the Christian God?

If you heard that (bolded) then you heard what you wanted to hear.  I am not defending Rick, but at the same time you cannot say that there is not evil in this world.  And I have news for you...this is nothing new.  Massacres have been taking place all over the world for a long, long time.  It's just this one was on our proverbial doorstep and we live in a 24/7 news era where it gets flaunted incessantly. 

The reality is that we live in a broken world.  I'll stop there before I step off into a theological rant.

And there is so much wrong with this sign that it makes me simultaneously  :facepalm: and  :&
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2012, 10:56:07 AM »
I think Chad's issue with Rick's rant is that he is not addressing the issue.  The issue is mental illness and how to prevent similar instances in the future.  Instead, Rick decides to use the tragedy as a way to preach down to people and sway people towards his religious view point. 

Like you said, there have been tragedies throughout history.  To say God is smiting us and that we need to beg his forgiveness or we will burn like Rome, is...well...why a lot of people turn up there noses towards some Christians.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:00:22 AM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."