Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Elementary School Shooting

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Elementary School Shooting
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 03:52:23 PM »
Not just in America.  Remember last year in Norway when a guy set off a bomb at some government building (I believe) then went to an island youth camp where he calmly and systematically blew away about 80 kids and counselors?
IF GUNS WERE ILLEGAL, THIS SHIT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN! ONLY IN AMERICA DOES THIS TYPE OF SHIT HAPPEN.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2

Knife attack at Chinese school wounds 22 children
By CNN Staff
Fri December 14, 2012

Beijing (CNN) -- Twenty-two primary school children were wounded in a knife attack Friday in central China, authorities said.

The attack took place at the entrance to the Chenpeng Village Primary School in Henan province, according to the public information department of Guangshan county, the area where the school is located. An adult was also wounded, it said.

Several of the children are in critical condition, the state-run website Chinanews.com said, citing local authorities.

Police say they have detained a suspect, a 36-year-old man from the village, state media reported.

Initial assessments suggest the man is mentally ill, Chinanews.com said, citing Guangshan authorities.

China was hit by a spate of knife and cleaver attacks that targeted school children in 2010.

A number of measures were introduced at the time, including increased security at schools across the country and a regulation requiring people to register with their national ID cards when buying large knives.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »
This makes me sick to my stomach.  My heart and prayers honestly go out to all the parents of those children.  I have kids around that age, and if something like this happened to one of them or any of my kids for that matter, I don't think I could ever get myself going again.

Little 6/7 year olds that have spent the last few weeks writing wish lists to Santa, and trying to be as nice as they could to make sure Santa didn't skip em.  They didn't deserve this kinda shit.  I'm glad that fucker is dead.  God knows if they would've taken him into custody that sorry fucker would live for years with our fucked up justice system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 04:03:45 PM »
This makes me sick to my stomach.  My heart and prayers honestly go out to all the parents of those children.  I have kids around that age, and if something like this happened to one of them or any of my kids for that matter, I don't think I could ever get myself going again.

Little 6/7 year olds that have spent the last few weeks writing wish lists to Santa, and trying to be as nice as they could to make sure Santa didn't skip em.  They didn't deserve this kinda shit.  I'm glad that fucker is dead.  God knows if they would've taken him into custody that sorry fucker would live for years with our fucked up justice system.

This^^^   I'd love for him to have lived if we had a system that allowed for someone to torture his worthless ass in every way imagineable....all the while, showing him pictures of each of those kids....until he died.  Fuck him if he had a bad home life.  Fuck him if he was abused as a kid.  Fuck him if he lost custody of his own kid.  This was not the answer to any of that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
I hate these types of things. Not just for the obvious loss of innocent life.

But it brings out the anti-gun crowd using these tragedies to further their agenda.

My heart breaks for these parents who thought they were sending their kids off to school on Friday and were getting ready to make memories on the weekend.

I will kiss my kids when they get home. And they are 13 and 16!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 05:42:38 PM »
I would like to once again point out the ineptitude of our mainstream media:

Ryan Lanza?  Not the shooter. Despite every news network reporting that Ryan Lanza was the shooter, it turns out, he was not.

It's his brother.  Adam Lanza. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »
This^^^   I'd love for him to have lived if we had a system that allowed for someone to torture his worthless ass in every way imagineable....all the while, showing him pictures of each of those kids....until he died.  fudge him if he had a bad home life.  fudge him if he was abused as a kid.  fudge him if he lost custody of his own kid.  This was not the answer to any of that.
Yes, but if we only had stricter gun laws! I saw that all over the fbook today. Even from people I thought that I knew. Then again, I guess a little over every other person that you see voted for the guy that's in office. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »
IMO, this is why beating someones ass doesn't need to be a felony.

http://www.examiner.com/article/connecticut-school-shooting-westboro-baptist-church-planning-to-picket

These motherfuckers need to be handled the old fashion way, by beating the living fuck out of them. I gaurantee if it wasn't such a harsh penalty to kick someones ass then stupid shit like wouldn't be going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 11:27:49 PM »
IMO, this is why beating someones ass doesn't need to be a felony.

http://www.examiner.com/article/connecticut-school-shooting-westboro-baptist-church-planning-to-picket

These motherfuckers need to be handled the old fashion way, by beating the living fuck out of them. I gaurantee if it wasn't such a harsh penalty to kick someones ass then stupid shit like wouldn't be going on.
I would not be surprised to flip on the tv one day and hear of someone  saying "fuck it" and taking some of these sick son-of-a-bitches out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 08:59:08 AM »
Yes, but if we only had stricter gun laws! I saw that all over the fbook today. Even from people I thought that I knew. Then again, I guess a little over every other person that you see voted for the guy that's in office. :facepalm:

Yeah if only those criminals obeyed laws. Murder is also against the law. Did this sick fuck seem to care? And he (and other criminals) wouldn't care about guns being illegal either. Except that it would make crime more likely knowing there is an unarmed populace.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 09:21:19 AM »
Yeah if only those criminals obeyed laws. Murder is also against the law. Did this sick fuck seem to care? And he (and other criminals) wouldn't care about guns being illegal either. Except that it would make crime more likely knowing there is an unarmed populace.
Lanza's Mom collected guns. It is reported that he came from a well-to-do family and had a normal upringing in an area that had one homicide in the last ten years. He was known to be intelligent and quiet without any criminal past.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 03:14:28 PM »
I'm just going to go ahead and say I have not read anyones post and I can't watch this on TV any longer.
This is right up there with 911 in my opinion; as far as the shock of it. My heart goes out to the families. I'm not gonna lie, I shed a tear when I heard this. I wish that little cock sucking sonofabitch would not have killed himself so he could be fucking ripped a part at the seems, then shit on, and then burned to a fucking crisp. Instead, the SICK FUCKING PUSSY died by a bullet.

I can't even stand thinking about this. I've talked about it too much already.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »
I picked my 7 year old son up from his mother a few hours after this happened Friday.  Apparently he had seen something about it on the news.  He's a pretty sharp kid, so he knows what's what.  I had to spend part of the trip from Greenville back to Gulf Shores assuring him that it could never happen at his school (in Montgomery).

This shit is absolutely ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
I picked my 7 year old son up from his mother a few hours after this happened Friday.  Apparently he had seen something about it on the news.  He's a pretty sharp kid, so he knows what's what.  I had to spend part of the trip from Greenville back to Gulf Shores assuring him that it could never happen at his school (in Montgomery).

This shit is absolutely ridiculous.

But the problem is, it can. It could happen everyday for the next 100 days and there is barely shit we can do to stop it. Especially under these same circumstances. Short of locking the school doors AND the teachers keeping the classroom doors closed and locked, I'm not sure there is a viable answer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 09:12:04 PM »
But the problem is, it can. It could happen everyday for the next 100 days and there is barely shit we can do to stop it. Especially under these same circumstances. Short of locking the school doors AND the teachers keeping the classroom doors closed and locked, I'm not sure there is a viable answer.
You're right.  It really is a scary world.  I'm only 29, but the world was so much different when I was young.  It's so sad.  All of a sudden the paranoid people aren't so paranoid anymore.  Count me in.  I've been carrying my pistol on me much more recently.  It's becoming painfully obvious that it could happen anywhere at anytime.  We were at my daughter's The Nutcracker dance recital Saturday night.  I thought to myself "Shit, fish in a barrel." How sad is it to think that way?

The only way to fix the thing with schools is to make them secure like prisons.  Which, obviously, isn't a solution at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2012, 11:51:39 PM »
The doors were locked in the classrooms at Sandy Hook.  He busted through a window. 

One of my classes asked me about what we would do if a shooter came into our room.  I told them n all honesty that most of us would die.  That a gunman in a school classroom has all of the power. 

I think teachers should be given tasers.  We'll never get guns.  But tasers may give us a chance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 12:10:28 AM »
The doors were locked in the classrooms at Sandy Hook.  He busted through a window. 

One of my classes asked me about what we would do if a shooter came into our room.  I told them n all honesty that most of us would die.  That a gunman in a school classroom has all of the power. 

I think teachers should be given tasers.  We'll never get guns.  But tasers may give us a chance.

Tasers aren't the answer. I'm telling you, from someone who rode the full ride, as soon as the 5 seconds is up, your gunman is ready to go again. You could try to approach and take the gun while tasing, but you would stand the same chance as rushing him. I would suggest you to carry concealed. Ankle holster with a smaller gun, glock 27 is a great choice. I wouldn't care about school policy.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:48:54 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 07:31:12 AM »
Tasers isn't the answer. I'm telling you, from someone who rode the full ride, as soon as the 5 seconds is up, your gunman is ready to go again. You could try to approach and take the gun while tasing, but you would stand the same chance as rushing him. I would suggest you to carry concealed. Ankle holster with a smaller gun, glock 27 is a great choice. I wouldn't care about school policy.
Wouldn't a teacher go to jail if caught with a gun on campus?  The odds are still very small that a shooting happens at my school. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 08:08:37 AM »
Wouldn't a teacher go to jail if caught with a gun on campus?  The odds are still very small that a shooting happens at my school.
My wife has been to Newtown, CT.   It is a very sleepy town.  She said she never would have guessed that anything like this would happen there.  This type of thing could happen anywhere.  I know that is somewhat cliche, but is it really? 

Token is also right about tasers.  I have taken a full 5 second ride as well, and I was actually getting up and trying to fight the guys that were holding me for a few seconds after it cycled.  I know that it makes me sound like a hillbilly, but guns really are the only answer to the "gun problem". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »

Maybe so.  1 in a million perhaps.  But still, if I'm you, or anyone else in this free world, I'm carrying concealed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 09:22:36 AM »
Don't know what the answer is short of hiring an armed security guard at every school.  But, what about theaters?  What about malls?  What about churches? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."