Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Realistic Options

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Realistic Options
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 01:55:32 PM »
That is Satan stealing the recruits... Get your facts straight.  We don't lose them, they are stolen by the Dark Lord.

:muttley:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 02:08:31 PM »
There are no realistic options. From the AD on down they would rather sink the football program then to admit they were wrong. We will most likely go into next year with this same staff and most likely have the same record again and then and only then will some changes be made, and of course this will be after losing the top recruits they we may have had.

I don't think Scot Loeffler will be back. Based on the stuff Ove read from PMarshall about the spread,
I think Chizik may go back to that and get a coordinator to develop Frazier. unless they leave for other jobs, I expect to see the staff return largely intact. Guess we will just have to get All In.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »
I don't think Scot Loeffler will be back. Based on the stuff Ove read from PMarshall about the spread,
I think Chizik may go back to that and get a coordinator to develop Frazier. unless they leave for other jobs, I expect to see the staff return largely intact. Guess we will just have to get All In.
If Chizik isn't fired, the repercussions will be huge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »

Yea, we are gonna get it "All In"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2012, 02:16:37 PM »
What I hear (skreetz) about Patterson is that his wife is a Dallas socialite and the TCU alum-base pooled their resources and gave him royalties to a shale reserve.  Who knows if that's true, but it would explain his reluctance to leave TCU.

Strong would be a great choice.  Not a home-run, but a solid hire who has rebuilt Kragthorpe's mess at UL and is regarded is a good recruiter.

The SunBelt guys (GM included) don't really blow my skirt up, but this isn't exactly a seller's market for coaches. 

Chip Kelley can eat a dick.  Do not want.  Bad coach and worse human.

Holgerson and/or the Leach-tree flavor of the week can all pound sand.

Patterson, Strong, both good choices.  Don't know anything about Patterson's situation. 

I didn't believe it at first, but am now convinced you can't have a fast tempo spread offense and a good defense.  Don't know why you can't have both, but you just can't.  For that reason, I don't want any of those coaches.  Can't say Chip Kelly is a bad coach when he wins like he does, and his teams execute like they do, but don't want him either.  Not sure what you know that makes him a "bad human".    All the Air Raid/Leach/Franklin/Holgorsen guys, same same on defenses, don't get it, but don't want to go through shootouts like we saw between aTm and La Tech.  Is it possible Tubs has cracked the code on how to have both a tempo spread offense, and a good Defense?   

Here's the thing though, if you don't go hire a winner because of scheme, then who is there that's absolutely proven?  I like Rhodes, but fact is, he's a .500 head coach.  Same with strong until this year, and the year is only half over.  And let's be realistic, they L'ville doesn't have a ranked team on their schedule. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2012, 02:19:18 PM »
If Chizik isn't fired, the repercussions will be huge.

It will take some world class convincing of the PTB, the fans, and players that he has a solid plan for an immediate turn around, and I don't think the tired old line of "we're going to get back to work" is going to do it.

Bad as Loeffler appears to be, I still think he's a symptom of the bigger problem. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2012, 03:10:19 PM »
It will take some world class convincing of the PTB, the fans, and players that he has a solid plan for an immediate turn around, and I don't think the tired old line of "we're going to get back to work" is going to do it.

Bad as Loeffler appears to be, I still think he's a symptom of the bigger problem.

Is Loeffler really the problem? Or is he used to coaching a better prepared athlete. He has done well in the past. Were those athletes better athletes? Or were they just better prepared mentally to fight through the mistakes.

We are a team that seems to have a bunch of players that have never had to face adversity. They were highly rated and came from successful programs. As such, do they have to be coached differently than this staff is used to?

We used to say that Tubs got more out of a bunch of three stars than anyone. Maybe it was because the three stars always had to work harder. I don't know. But it sure looks like for all of our great talent, we have very little resolve.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
Forget "ALL IN" - we're moving to a Raiders-style vertical passing game - "BALLS DEEP!!"

(Snaggle will be SOL)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »

True, and the losses will multiply and the scores will get even more lopsided. I can stand a re-building year from time to time. It happens. But what positives will this team take with them after this season mercifully ends? There are none! You can't build on incompetence and lack of development. Auburn is a bottom dweller. I guess the next thing we will hear is that this is some kind of character building experience.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »
Is Loeffler really the problem? Or is he used to coaching a better prepared athlete.

I wonder how much coaching did Tom Brady and Tim Tebow really need?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2012, 03:31:15 PM »
Forget "ALL IN" - we're moving to a Raiders-style vertical passing game - "BALLS DEEP!!"

(Snaggle will be SOL)

The Raiders are 1-4
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »
Is Loeffler really the problem? Or is he used to coaching a better prepared athlete. He has done well in the past. Were those athletes better athletes? Or were they just better prepared mentally to fight through the mistakes.

We are a team that seems to have a bunch of players that have never had to face adversity. They were highly rated and came from successful programs. As such, do they have to be coached differently than this staff is used to?

We used to say that Tubs got more out of a bunch of three stars than anyone. Maybe it was because the three stars always had to work harder. I don't know. But it sure looks like for all of our great talent, we have very little resolve.

He's the offensive mind.  He's being allowed to do what he does, but I have to assume that the offense is mostly his.  The Game Plan mostly his, with Chizik's overall philosophy applied.  But I see him do things that don't make sense.  Mason was having a fair amount of success running the ball Saturday, and carried 13 times in the first half.   Then only 5 carries in the second half.  Go here, and look at the play calling http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=322870145&period=3  Every time Mason would have success, he'd go away from him.

Mason for 6 yards, the next play OMac for zero, or incomplete pass.  Mason breaks one for 26, next play OMac for loss.  It makes no fucking sense.  We were only down by 7, and Mason was no where to be found in the early part of the 4th...2 carries for negative yardage.  A RB can't get in any groove like that.

This wildcat shit.  As I've said, it's nothing but Power O, and Counter.  Solid Xs and Os.  However, Wallace is our least productive runner with 11 carries for 40 yards, and that's all he's being allowed to do.   He's only run Power and Counter.  So, when he's on the field, that's the only 2 plays that threaten the defense.  Wasted plays in my opinion.  The flip side  is we have those 2 blocking schemes in, yet don't use them in the I or one back sets, and run almost exclusively zone type plays, and maybe ISO,but I'm not sure on the ISO.    I think we tried to run counter once out of the gun with Moseley in, and some kind of Jet sweep action...it went for a loss if I recall.  It just doesn't make any sense.  None of it does.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:43:34 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2012, 03:43:20 PM »
No matter what happens, I will be sorely disappointed if the PTB don't make Brian Kelly turn them down at least once.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2012, 03:48:38 PM »
No matter what happens, I will be sorely disappointed if the PTB don't make Brian Kelly turn them down at least once.
Notre Dame is his dream job. We stand as good a chance getting Pete Carroll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »
He's the offensive mind.  He's being allowed to do what he does, but I have to assume that the offense is mostly his.  The Game Plan mostly his, with Chizik's overall philosophy applied.  But I see him do things that don't make sense.  Mason was having a fair amount of success running the ball Saturday, and carried 13 times in the first half.   Then only 5 carries in the second half.  Go here, and look at the play calling http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=322870145&period=3  Every time Mason would have success, he'd go away from him.

Mason for 6 yards, the next play OMac for zero, or incomplete pass.  Mason breaks one for 26, next play OMac for loss.  It makes no fucking sense.  We were only down by 7, and Mason was no where to be found in the early part of the 4th...2 carries for negative yardage.  A RB can't get in any groove like that.

This wildcat shit.  As I've said, it's nothing but Power O, and Counter.  Solid Xs and Os.  However, Wallace is our least productive runner with 11 carries for 40 yards, and that's all he's being allowed to do.   He's only run Power and Counter.  So, when he's on the field, that's the only 2 plays that threaten the defense.  Wasted plays in my opinion.  The flip side  is we have those 2 blocking schemes in, yet don't use them in the I or one back sets, and run almost exclusively zone type plays, and maybe ISO,but I'm not sure on the ISO.    I think we tried to run counter once out of the gun with Moseley in, and some kind of Jet sweep action...it went for a loss if I recall.  It just doesn't make any sense.  None of it does.

Yep, the Mildcat was maddening.  As you said, they've only let Wallace do one of two things.  The defense knows exactly what's coming and they're running it at times that make no sense whatsoever.  Wallace is not a good passer from what I saw, but if you insist on putting him in that much, would it not make sense to let him pull up and hit the TE or somebody else...at least once.  Wouldn't that make the defense respect other options when Wallace comes in.  But, it's pretty much the exact same thing they did with Frazzers the entire last half of the season last year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2012, 03:54:41 PM »
It just doesn't make any sense.  None of it does.
AU's current offense reminds me of last year's offense.  It looks like the same shit for the most part, and same philosophy. The same thing that happened with Frazier is now happening with Wallace.  If you're using him, let him throw it every now and then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2012, 04:00:10 PM »
Never go full tard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »
AU's current offense reminds me of last year's offense.  It looks like the same shit for the most part, and same philosophy. The same thing that happened with Frazier is now happening with Wallace.  If you're using him, let him throw it every now and then.

With the exception of the I formation and true FB, it is pretty much the same.  The I formation stuff was supposed to be what we were going to.  And the crap people talk about Frazier being spread QB is bullshit.  90% of QBs coming out of HS are "spread QBs".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »
Never go full tard.

He's simple Jack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2012, 04:10:31 PM »
He's simple Jack.
It sounded good in his h-h-head movies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions