Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Realistic Options

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Re: Realistic Options
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 04:53:03 PM »
To hell with Gruden and Cowher. My drean goes like this.....

1,000,000 Auburn fans donate $15 annually for a HC. JJ in turn boards a plane to San Francisco, finds Jim Harbaugh, opens up the suitcases with the 15 mil in it and says, "Coach you can either be a big fish in a pond full of big fish, or you can bring your ass back to college football, get your family out of this town full of homos and be known as the greatest football coach of all time who dominated the greatest conference of all time when it was at its peek. My suitcase and I are willing to wait till after your Superbowl win this year. Oh and one last thing coach, Nick Saban told me to tell you that you were a fag who was lucky enough to coach in a shit conference and you don't have the balls to compete in the SEC. War Eagle."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »
From the sounds of what goes on at Auburn practices, some of the current players need a Jim Leavitt
type around.
#5 was safe from getting hit, until he cut his hair
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 06:10:25 PM »
I guess the question is, if AU is going to spend the money on buying Chizik out, and they want to spend some money on a new HC and staff, is it smart to go after another Gene Chizik type?  Unless they get a slam dunk no brainer (whether perceived as so or otherwise already proven), I think AU fans will be pretty pissed.  The AD has proven that they can't pick out that under the radar type guy, and they know they can't make the wrong choice again.  That's part of the reason I think that you guys will go after a top shelf type guy.  Assuming that Jacobs realizes a change needs to be made in the first place, of course.

The loss in revenue from the anemic attendance at ONE game this season buys Chizik out. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
Agree. And after hearing his locker room speeches, I'd take him in a min

No offense ths, but that was one of the more flawed writings I've seen from you - From the not so funny race references to the reasoning beside every coach.

The mess we have is the staff and AD. The cupboard isn't lacking.

i know...he should have used "ivory".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 08:08:27 PM »
You didn't just type Monroe instead of Lafayette, you said he'd beaten Ark. and almost beaten Auburn.  He's played neither this year. 

Yes, this team is a mess, but it's not like the mess of 1998.  We are not without players.  We have players lacking coaching.   We have an offense with no identity.  We have no sense of urgency, or intensity.  I'm betting that the right coach, and right system could make one of the 4 QBs (including the recruit out of Montgomery) a serviceable QB.  Loeffler clearly can't do it and/or run an offense. 

What the fuck do you know about what's in Paul Rhoads head, or what job he'd take...Prowler?  If he's stupid enough to turn down Auburn to stay at ISU, then I damn sure don't want him anyway. 

Get the sand out of your vagina Francis.

Rich coming from the guy who lectures everyone on here simply based on the fact that he's a pee wee assistant football coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 08:11:56 PM »
I recommend the Key Lime Pie ice cream Blue Bell has it now. It is very good.
Publix has a pumpkin pie ice cream that is to die for! It's a seasonal flavor, which makes it extra nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 08:25:12 PM »
Tell me who that "top shelf" guy is right now.
This may not be the answer alot of folks want to hear, but if you open up the pocketbook and make it known that you're serious, you might be surprised.  I'm not saying that you have to open it up to some dickhole.  You don't have to sell your soul and take just anybody.  Make sure he fits and all of that. 

Even if you get a top shelf coach, there is no guarantee that he would be successful.  But at this point you have to at least put a line out and see who bites.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2012, 08:25:23 PM »
What I hear (skreetz) about Patterson is that his wife is a Dallas socialite and the TCU alum-base pooled their resources and gave him royalties to a shale reserve.  Who knows if that's true, but it would explain his reluctance to leave TCU.

Strong would be a great choice.  Not a home-run, but a solid hire who has rebuilt Kragthorpe's mess at UL and is regarded is a good recruiter.

The SunBelt guys (GM included) don't really blow my skirt up, but this isn't exactly a seller's market for coaches. 

Chip Kelley can eat a dick.  Do not want.  Bad coach and worse human.

Holgerson and/or the Leach-tree flavor of the week can all pound sand.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2012, 10:56:37 PM »
What I hear (skreetz) about Patterson is that his wife is a Dallas socialite and the TCU alum-base pooled their resources and gave him royalties to a shale reserve.  Who knows if that's true, but it would explain his reluctance to leave TCU.

Strong would be a great choice.  Not a home-run, but a solid hire who has rebuilt Kragthorpe's mess at UL and is regarded is a good recruiter.

The SunBelt guys (GM included) don't really blow my skirt up, but this isn't exactly a seller's market for coaches. 

Chip Kelley can eat a dick.  Do not want.  Bad coach and worse human.

Holgerson and/or the Leach-tree flavor of the week can all pound sand.

Patterson is on wife #3.

One ESPN article from 2009 says he would be open to leave for the right job - the article mentioned TX, OK, NEB - but yes, it also says he has community roots. His son goes to TCU also, or was enrolled last year at least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 04:41:39 AM »
Rich coming from the guy who lectures everyone on here simply based on the fact that he's a pee wee assistant football coach.

You've lost your touch.  Gone completely Chizowler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 08:35:29 AM »
You've lost your touch.  Gone completely Chizowler.
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 08:54:47 AM »
SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »
What is: Your mother sucks cock in hell, Alex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »
LOUD NOISES!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 10:57:37 AM »
I love Lamp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »
The Devil created this thread and controls everyone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 12:09:58 PM »

Didn't know Lord Saybinz was on our board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »

DON'T YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME, RICKY BOBBY!  DON'T YOU PUT THAT ON US!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 01:44:05 PM »
There are no realistic options. From the AD on down they would rather sink the football program then to admit they were wrong. We will most likely go into next year with this same staff and most likely have the same record again and then and only then will some changes be made, and of course this will be after losing the top recruits they we may have had. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »
There are no realistic options. From the AD on down they would rather sink the football program then to admit they were wrong. We will most likely go into next year with this same staff and most likely have the same record again and then and only then will some changes be made, and of course this will be after losing the top recruits they we may have had.
That is Satan stealing the recruits... Get your facts straight.  We don't lose them, they are stolen by the Dark Lord.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."