Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Saban Cheating Again...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Saban Cheating Again...
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2013, 06:24:52 PM »
The Darius Page program.
This one is more expensive...$66,400 w/ room for a year or $52,700 w/o room.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »
This one is more expensive...$66,400 w/ room for a year or $52,700 w/o room.

What?  How the fuck is anyone paying for/justifying this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2013, 08:01:07 PM »
http://tuscpreps.com/news/article/46386/scarbrough-franks-transfer-to-tuscaloosa-county-high/

Even so, and this is a bit old but...check out what constitutes a bonafide move for a transfer.
I liked the comments by Smith, the Head Coach of Northridge.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:08:01 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2013, 08:10:28 PM »
What?  How the fuck is anyone paying for/justifying this?
Just a squirrel trying to get a nut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2013, 11:20:51 PM »
http://tuscpreps.com/news/article/46386/scarbrough-franks-transfer-to-tuscaloosa-county-high/

Even so, and this is a bit old but...check out what constitutes a bonafide move for a transfer.
I liked the comments by Smith, the Head Coach of Northridge.

"We thought County High would be the best place academically," Scarbrough said. "We just think that they have stuff different that helps you more with your school work, tutoring and stuff like that."

Apparently he needs more than just tutoring...I'm guessing uat has someone setup at IMG to make sure his grades are adjusted. He'll have some kind of learning disability that'll allow him to take tests multiple times until he passes them (like what they did with Reuben Foster).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2013, 11:43:03 AM »
Gulledge was medically disqualified from Alabama in the spring for what Tide coach Nick Saban called "a chronic medical issue."

"You know, he had this chronic medical issue, aight?  He just couldn't ever seem to be right in the head.  We tell him to run faster or as fast as the others guys, aight, but he just wouldn't or couldn't, I don't know.  Sometimes we'd ask him to lift heavy things, aight?  Lift 4 or 5 hundred pounds off his chest but he said his arms wouldn't go up or something, aight?  So whatever his issue is, he needs to get it checked out by a doctor and until then, he's no longer a part of this program.  We wish him the best."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2013, 05:49:57 PM »

Really, I've always given guys more rope than they deserve, and I think the innuendo out there is that I'm just picking and choosing which guys to run off, and people bring it up that I've medical-ed more people. Well, yeah, I medical them so they can stay in school and graduate, where other people just get rid of them. I don't make those decisions, either. The doctors make them, and we have great doctors."
Really, you lieing piece of shit? You don't make the decision? You just stated that you medical them, not we, not our "great doctors", but you...you medical them. You even made a statement about why you feel good about medicaling them and how others just "get rid of them".

($1 to Tiger 444 on the Bunker)

Medical Hardships (unable to ever play again):
2007, Byron Walton
2007, Aaron McDanial
2007, Jake Jones
2007, Byron Walton
2008, Ivan Matchett
2008, Charles Hoke
2008, Ezekial Knight
2009, Jermaine Griffin
2009, Charles Kirschman
2010, Darius McKeller
2010, Taylor Pharr
2010, Milton Talbert
2013, Darius Page
2013, Caleb Gulledge

http://oversigning.com/testing/index.php/tag/medical-hardship/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »
Really, you lieing piece of shit? You don't make the decision? You just stated that you medical them, not we, not our "great doctors", but you...you medical them. You even made a statement about why you feel good about medicaling them and how others just "get rid of them".

($1 to Tiger 444 on the Bunker)

Medical Hardships (unable to ever play again):
2007, Byron Walton
2007, Aaron McDanial
2007, Jake Jones
2007, Byron Walton
2008, Ivan Matchett
2008, Charles Hoke
2008, Ezekial Knight
2009, Jermaine Griffin
2009, Charles Kirschman
2010, Darius McKeller
2010, Taylor Pharr
2010, Milton Talbert
2013, Darius Page
2013, Caleb Gulledge

http://oversigning.com/testing/index.php/tag/medical-hardship/
I know that I'm wasting my time here, but I think the translation of that is, the doctors tell the staff that the kid isn't able to play anymore.  At that point it is up to the coach as to how exactly they are going to handle it; whether it is letting the kid sit on the sidelines on scholarship, medical hardship scholarship, not renewing the scholarship, whatever the case may be.  Simple concept.  The doctors don't tell the coaches how to handle it, they just tell them whether the kid has an issue or not.

Out of that list of players, which ones went on to meaningful football careers at other schools?  I mean, since absolutely nothing was wrong with them, I'm sure they all continued their careers somewhere else.  Certainly other team doctors cleared them no problem since absolutely nothing was wrong.

I mean, shit, just off the top of my head I know Ezekial Knight had a stroke and then had heart surgery. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:47:04 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2013, 10:01:37 PM »
I know that I'm wasting my time here, but I think the translation of that is, the doctors tell the staff that the kid isn't able to play anymore.  At that point it is up to the coach as to how exactly they are going to handle it; whether it is letting the kid sit on the sidelines on scholarship, medical hardship scholarship, not renewing the scholarship, whatever the case may be.  Simple concept.  The doctors don't tell the coaches how to handle it, they just tell them whether the kid has an issue or not.

Out of that list of players, which ones went on to meaningful football careers at other schools?  I mean, since absolutely nothing was wrong with them, I'm sure they all continued their careers somewhere else.  Certainly other team doctors cleared them no problem since absolutely nothing was wrong.

I mean, shit, just off the top of my head I know Ezekial Knight had a stroke and then had heart surgery. 
Ummm...

Yeah so this happening. JSU must have a damn fine medical staff on hand...

http://annistonstar.com/view/full_story/23350732/article-JSU-notebook--Gamecocks-add-former-Tide-lineman-to-the-roster?instance=sports_main_jsu
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2013, 10:14:38 PM »
Just from a trip to teh Googles.....

Walton -- Was blacking out during workouts, having to be carried into the training room.  Was pissing blood.  His kidneys almost failed. Was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis, which is a condition that breaks down muscles during times of physical activity.  He ended up being a student assistant for the team.

McDanial -- Blew out his knee in the Arkansas game in 2006

Jones -- Some sort of reoccurring leg problem.

Matchett -- Back injury; unknown extent.

Hoke -- Reoccurring shoulder dislocation.

Griffin -- He never could fully recover from a season ending knee surgery.

Kirschman -- Had a back problem that he felt he could play through.

McKeller -- Had a wrist injury that required numerous surgeries to correct.  Transferred to USA where he is a deep snapper.

Pharr -- Suffered multiple concussions in a span of 2 months.  Stayed on as a student assistant. 

Talbert -- Reoccurring shoulder issue that was operated on and did not heal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »
Ummm...
So, how many games has he played in since he enrolled at JSU? 

Could some of the guys have toughed through an issue?  Maybe.  But you also have to look at it from a liability standpoint as well.  Should you allow a guy with multiple concussions to keep playing?  If he has 2 concussions over a time span of a few months, how many more do you allow him to have?  How many more shoulder dislocations should you allow?  Are you going to allow a guy whose kidneys are failing to keep going?  Ezekial had a stroke?  Fuck it, send him in.  I don't give a shit if he has heart surgery tomorrow.  He's playing!  If Gulledge has some herniated disks, how long to you let him play with that?

The whole medical scholarship also loses some steam when you consider that nearly every year some walk-ons are awarded scholarships as well.  And just recently, when Page failed his physical when he came on campus and got a medical scholarship, they gave his spot to a guy who planned on grey shirting.  A guy who more than likely will redshirt.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:42:57 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2013, 12:25:24 AM »
Like I've said before...many, many times before, rws you're apparently too stupid to realize when the truth continuously slaps you in the face. The doctors do what they're told...if they want to continue practicing in the State of Alabama. Time for you to take off your dumbass houndstooth blinders and look at everything that happens at uat. I'm not even talking about High School prospects and recruiting either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2013, 07:48:45 AM »
Like I've said before...many, many times before, rws you're apparently too stupid to realize when the truth continuously slaps you in the face. The doctors do what they're told...if they want to continue practicing in the State of Alabama. Time for you to take off your dumbass houndstooth blinders and look at everything that happens at uat. I'm not even talking about High School prospects and recruiting either.
Well, since you apparently have the inside scoop, which of those guys were absolutely fine and had no reason whatsoever why they should have been put on a medical scholarship?  I find it a little difficult to believe that they're culling these guys out for no reason when they are already under the 85 limit, and they are handing out scholarships to walk-ons, kickers, punters, etc.  Most of the walk-ons that they are giving scholarships to aren't really playing either.  Do you mean to tell me that Saban is trading out 3* and 4* players for walk-ons on the scout team?  That doesn't make much sense.

Take the Darius Page situation for example.  The kid fails his entry physical and takes medical.  They give his spot to a guy that planned on greyshirting, and who will more than likely redshirt.  All of that after, according to you, Alabama cheated their asses off to get Page qualified.  But they falsely gave him a medical scholarship?  Doesn't make sense that they did it under a false pretense.  Just like it doesn't make sense for about half of the list you posted above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2013, 09:37:30 AM »
I find it a little difficult to believe that they're culling these guys out for no reason when they are already under the 85 limit, and they are handing out scholarships to walk-ons, kickers, punters, etc.
Because you're a brainwashed Gump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2013, 12:21:02 PM »
Because you're a brainwashed Gump.
Perhaps you can clear this up for me, then.  Which players out of that list had absolutely nothing wrong with them and were wrongfully given medical hardship scholarships?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2013, 01:41:22 PM »
Perhaps you can clear this up for me, then.  Which players out of that list had absolutely nothing wrong with them and were wrongfully given medical hardship scholarships?

I'll take a stab....Copy paste

Just from a trip to teh Googles.....

Walton -- Was blacking out during workouts, having to be carried into the training room.  Was pissing blood.  His kidneys almost failed. Was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis, which is a condition that breaks down muscles during times of physical activity.  He ended up being a student assistant for the team.  This one was legit

McDanial -- Blew out his knee in the Arkansas game in 2006  Well that's true, nobody ever come back from a knee injury and performed again, right Mr. McGahee and Peterson? - processed

Jones -- Some sort of reoccurring leg problem.  Well that's oddly unspecific - processed

Matchett -- Back injury; unknown extent.  Again, lots of details - processed

Hoke -- Reoccurring shoulder dislocation. Shoulder dislocation?  There are guys who only miss 2 plays after a shoulder dislocation.  In Lethal Weapon Mel Gibson dislocated his shoulder and ended apartheid 10 minutes later - processed

Griffin -- He never could fully recover from a season ending knee surgery. See above - processed

Kirschman -- Had a back problem that he felt he could play through. Come on Nick, you can't even come up with new injuries? - processed

McKeller -- Had a wrist injury that required numerous surgeries to correct.  Transferred to USA where he is a deep snapper.  See!  He's playing the most important position for another team!  Obviously processed.

Pharr -- Suffered multiple concussions in a span of 2 months.  Stayed on as a student assistant. Legit

Talbert -- Reoccurring shoulder issue that was operated on and did not heal. Again with the shoulder injury?  Is this the baseball team or football?  Processed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2013, 03:19:58 PM »
Again with the shoulder injury?  Is this the baseball team or football?  Processed

These guys are taught to "fire" their shoulders into the chests, backs, arms, knees, legs, and heads of opponents. It's a wonder more of them don't go down like this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »
These guys are taught to "fire" their shoulders into the chests, backs, arms, knees, legs, and heads of opponents. It's a wonder more of them don't go down like this.
Not just opponents, they're taught to do that to their own players in practice...because Coach sabbin is so concerned about player safety and everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
Not just opponents, they're taught to do that to their own players in practice...because Coach sabbin is so concerned about player safety and everything.

but, but, but, I thought it was the HUNH that was so dangerous to players?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."