No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Saban Cheating Again...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 08:12:36 PM »
I read a post about a week ago over in the Scout board in which the poster mentioned this transfer. He said the coach at Paige's former school was highly pissed at what went down. He claimed it had everything to do with grades, and that the bammer recruiting him guaranteed Paige & his family that whatever credits he was lacking (in order to qualify) could be made up easier at Foley.

Take it for what it's worth
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:25:31 PM »
If this is true, Pruitt needs to hit the road.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »
Just needed to post again because BAMA assistant coach Jeremy Pruitt accused our new head football coach and myself of bullying Darius Paige. We simply told Darius that if he transferred that there was a chance of him being ineligible. The assistant coach mentioned again that he needed to know if we could take care of Darius academically. Again we told him we were not going to give Darius's any grades. I sure the hell will not cave in to these cheating SOBs.

Our head football coach resigned on June 11, 2012. About a week later I got a call from one of our assistant coaches, informing me that Darius Paige, a DT at our school Booker T. Washington HS in Pensacola, who is committed to BAMA that it was suggested to him by BAMA assistant Coach Jeremy Pruitt to transfer to Foley HS like DJ Fluker because he can be taken care of academically there because he knew the head coach at Foley HS real well. ?Our assistant coach call Coach Pruitt and asked what was going on and Coach Pruitt's response was since we were in between head coaches and he wasn't sure if we had an academic plan for Darius Paige. Also, on that day Darius told our coach he didn't want to go but that they had already gotten his mom a job in Foley. About a week later, I called Darius Paige to ask him if he was transferring and he said yes. I informed him that I would be contacting the NCAA, SEC, and the Alabama HS Athletic Association. I then left a message for Coach Pruitt to call me and he later called me back. I asked why he was telling Darius to transfer. He told me Darius was using him as a scapegoat because he really wanted to leave.I then told him that Darius wouldn't lie about something like this. I then told him that if Darius did transfer he would be ineligible. His immediate response was "NO" it is a bonafide move. My response was I thought you had nothing to do with it now you are telling me it is a bonafide move. He then asked me if we could take care of Darius academically, I replied that we did have an academic plan. He then proceeded to tell me that at Foley HS Darius could make up 7 core classes in one year. I informed him that I would be contacting whoever I needed to and hung up. Since our conversation I have found out that Darius was suppose to take his ACT on June 9, but he was told by Coach Pruitt not to take it here, that he needed to take it when he got to Foley. Up til this afternoon Darius has admitted that he does not want to go the Foley, but it was not his decision that his dad was making him go. I also found out the link between Coach Pruitt and the head coach at Foley Todd Watson. Todd Watson was the defensive coordinator at Hoover HS in Alabama and Jeremy Pruitt was his defensive back coach at Hoover under Todd Watson. Up until 2:30 this yesterday afternoon Darius stills tells us he does not want to go
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:33:13 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »
I'd take it to someone who'd do something with it, if I was the HSHC and if I didn't want to lose the kid...also if I lived in a one level house. I wouldn't take it to Charles Robinson, that's for damn sure (he's on the payroll). I'd take it to the guy in Miami or to AJC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 09:55:16 PM »
I'd take it to someone who'd do something with it, if I was the HSHC and if I didn't want to lose the kid...also if I lived in a one level house. I wouldn't take it to Charles Robinson, that's for damn sure (he's on the payroll). I'd take it to the guy in Miami or to AJC.

Hey... send the packet to Finebaum!  That's the way to get it handled. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:23:52 AM »
Hey... send the packet to Finebaum!  That's the way to get it handled.

He wouldn't understand any of of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 05:02:50 AM »
Sounds eerily similar to MANY cases involving uat players Chapman, Murphy, Fanning, Preyear, Fluker, Julio, to name a few....the last two came out of Foley High (Fluker was enrolled into 5 schools in the span of 4 years, before landing at Foley).

Also, Coach Pruitt was heavily involved in the Hoover Grade Changing scandal, his names was mentioned numerous times in the report, that got him a 1 year ban by the AHSAA.

So, not only do we have a University that does this on a yearly basis, we also have a College Coach that had been involved in a similar situation involving the same University that he's now a Staff Member of and the HS that he was a HC of....we also have the coaching connection between the Foley HC (who btw is full of shit when he stated that he didn't know that Paige was transferring, simple emails and/or texts will probably reveal that).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 05:46:49 AM »
I'm sure AHSAA President and Big uat fan Steve Saverese will take swift action...

So, lets step back a second.

NCAA President Mark Emmert is tied at the hip to uat's HC.
AHSAA President is a Big fan of uat.
The Gov. of Alabama is a Big fan of uat.
The State media will never say a cross word against uat in fear of losing their job.
One of ESPN's main guys is a uat Alum.
One of the BCS' main guys is a uat Alum.
NY Times and the Tuscaloosa News are together.
uat Mouthpiece, Finebaum, is Nationwide.

Does that cover all of their bases for all of their blatant NCAA Violations?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:59:26 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 08:43:46 AM »
I'm sure AHSAA President and Big uat fan Steve Saverese will take swift action...

So, lets step back a second.

NCAA President Mark Emmert is tied at the hip to uat's HC.
AHSAA President is a Big fan of uat.
The Gov. of Alabama is a Big fan of uat.
The State media will never say a cross word against uat in fear of losing their job.
One of ESPN's main guys is a uat Alum.
One of the BCS' main guys is a uat Alum.
NY Times and the Tuscaloosa News are together.
uat Mouthpiece, Finebaum, is Nationwide.

Does that cover all of their bases for all of their blatant NCAA Violations?

You forgot Danny Sheraton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 08:53:10 AM »
 :move:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 08:53:43 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JP

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »
Well al.com finally picked up on the story... Read the PNJ story and then the al.com one and see if you can spot the differences...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/prep_football_standout_darius.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 10:16:41 AM »

Isn't Robinson the one who blew the lid off the Miami scandal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »
Just a general question.  How is a kid who can't even make the grades needed to be eligible to play high school ball, going to meet the grade point and ACT/SAT scores to get in a D1 college?  I mean, let's be realistic here.  This kid is struggling so bad in the classroom that he can't even pass enough courses to play football, but suddenly he's going to be a model student at another school. 

I have no idea what the requirements are to get in to UA for a regular student. I imagine the standards are somewhat lower for athletes.  I believe at Auburn, the minimum ACT score is now 27. (I would have never made it in)  Now that this is out there, is no one going to monitor this and see if or how he suddenly began making good grades and making college eligible ACT or SAT scores?  Is he just going to slide on through without anyone questioning this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 10:32:46 AM »
Isn't Robinson the one who blew the lid off the Miami scandal?

Yes, then subsequently wrote that Lord Saybinz was squeaky clean too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 11:20:28 AM »
Just a general question.  How is a kid who can't even make the grades needed to be eligible to play high school ball, going to meet the grade point and ACT/SAT scores to get in a D1 college?  I mean, let's be realistic here.  This kid is struggling so bad in the classroom that he can't even pass enough courses to play football, but suddenly he's going to be a model student at another school. 

I have no idea what the requirements are to get in to UA for a regular student. I imagine the standards are somewhat lower for athletes.  I believe at Auburn, the minimum ACT score is now 27. (I would have never made it in)  Now that this is out there, is no one going to monitor this and see if or how he suddenly began making good grades and making college eligible ACT or SAT scores?  Is he just going to slide on through without anyone questioning this?
It is not for you to question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 11:24:20 AM »
It is not for you to question.

Forgive me Lord Saybinz.  I have sinned against thee oh mighty one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
He has all A's, He has all A's
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »

The "minimum standards" and what actually gets in these days is vastly different.  All it takes to get admitted is a 2.0 and an 18 on the ACT.  Nobody with grades and scores like that gets in at Auburn, except Athletes.  I think I read the avg ACT for incoming Fr. at Auburn is like 27, and the avg GPA is @ 3.4.  I've known kids with decent grades and scores well above the stated "minimum standard" to get turned down.  They take the best grades and scores first, and limit the number they admit. 

And no, a kid that can't get eligible in HS shouldn't, in theory, be able to make the NCAA clearing house.  There's a sliding scale based on GPA and ACT, but you have to have a 2.0 minimum in your core classes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions