Touché.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

Re: Saban Cheating Again...
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2012, 01:59:16 PM »
I understand that, and I also don't agree with it either. For that matter, Foster transferred much for the same reason that Paige did. He could get more credits at an Alabama school. The only difference is, he did it with the intention of graduating early. 

Here's the deal. What it sounds like is that Paige wasn't happy with the way that Washington was handling his academic situation. Maybe he thought that the school wasn't trying hard enough to help him, but maybe he is too dumb for the school to do anything for him as far as schedule change, etc. So he tells Pruitt that he might not qualify. Pruitt goes to the administration to ask them what the deal is. I don't think it is uncommon for student athletes in high school to have an academic plan (I had one in 8th grade before I started my freshman year), and I don't necessarily think it is wrong for a coach that is recruiting an athlete to be concerned with that plan. But if Pruitt specifically suggested Foley, that is what I have a problem with. Maybe he only suggested Foley because it is the closest Alabama high school. I don't know. But he shouldn't have. Let the family figure that out. That is something they would have easily figured out on their own, and it doesn't look improper.

tl/dr
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
I was thinking about going to the Jerry Dome, but I'm working that day. 
Yeah, thats it. That's why you aren't going. If only you had that day off.  :taunt:

My wife is 20 weeks pregnant.
Does the goat know youve been cheating?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012, 03:37:44 PM »
Does the goat know youve been cheating?

She gets PAID to do the wild thing. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
She gets PAID to do the wild thing. 

:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 06:22:57 PM »
Rws, do you really want to play the lets see who's grade fixing game. There's another name that I left off the ”off the top of my head” list and that's Jalston Fowler...care to tell us the uat spin on his case?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »
Funny, you didn't bat an eye when longtime Alabama fan Reuben Foster suddenly transferred to Auburn High for his senior season, then flipped to AU. Odd how two AU coaches have kids that play ball at that particular school as well. I bet he came up with that idea ALL by himself. Hey, I wonder how he paid for that tattoo?
Foster was eligible to play ball in Georgia. Paige is not eligible in Florida. That's a huge difference in the two. Paige was moved to Foley so he could be "taken care of better" by his academic monitors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »
Tic-Tock Tic-Tock Tic-Tock Tic-Tock Tic-Tock
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »
Over/under on the amount of time it takes Don Kausler or Jon Solomon to write an article explaining why it's all perfectly cool and there's no issue whatsoever. 

14 hours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »
Over/under on the amount of time it takes Don Kausler or Jon Solomon to write an article explaining why it's all perfectly cool and there's no issue whatsoever. 

14 hours.

Don't forget, that anybody trying to push it is just fucking nuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2012, 10:29:10 PM »

14 hours.

Not sure how to play this game since we're posting at different times.

But I bet it's the first article posted to al.com tomorrow morning, and I bet it stays on the front page all day long. 

Further, the over/under for the rest of the media to forget about this scandal is set at noon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 12:24:14 AM »

14 hours.

I'm taking the under.  And adding Izzy Gould to that list...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 12:25:15 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »
Don't forget, that anybody trying to push it is just fucking nuts.

I bet you Gregg Doyel would run with it. Or on a lesser degree, Brooks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »
Not on al.com yet, but IBleedCrimsonRed was all over it yesterday.

http://www.ibleedcrimsonred.com/2012/08/quotable-darius-paige-transfer-to-foley.html
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Quotable: Darius Paige transfer to Foley is “on the up-and-up”

image The controversy that wasn’t: Alabama football commitment Darius Page of Pensacola, Florida is transferring to nearby Foley High School, located no more than 30 miles as the crow flies from his original panhandle home.

The controversy? His former coach and former athletic director accused Alabama coach Jeremy Pruitt of steering him to Foley for nefarious purposes like improving his chances of academically qualifying to play.

Them cheatin’ Bammers, PAWWWLLL!!!

Pruitt and Alabama can’t defend themselves against allegations like this because NCAA by-laws expressly forbid them from discussing prospective student-athletes that they may or may not be recruiting.

So, allow me.

Hell Yeah, Pruitt steered Paige to Foley and there’s not a damned thing anyone can do about it, because there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it. There are no NCAA by-laws forbidding him or anyone else from answering an inquiry about steps a kid can take to become eligible to play college football. That includes advice on which schools are better suited to getting him where he needs to be.

So screw all y’all raising the ruckus over Paige’s midnight move across the state line. Whatcha gonna do about it?

Instead, go look into Reuben Foster’s transfer to Auburn High School and subsequent commitment switch from Alabama to Auburn. Want to know why Foster transferred? Because he needs help to qualify academically and he was leaving a program that just lost its coach. Sounds a lot like the Paige deal, doesn’t it?

It’s all on the up-and-up, folks. Don’t ask me. Ask John Infante, author of the only blog dedicated to coverage and discussion of NCAA compliance rules.

“Not only does this transfer appear to be on the up-and-up, but the explanation given is even commendable. If a kid needs to play catch-up with the eligibility requirements, you’d much rather he do it in a regular classroom,” Infante said today on Twitter.

“Regular classroom” means during the normal fall semester setting rather than summer school, which is much less structured. It also means in a “block system” that allows a player to take additional courses (eight rather than six) and improve his academic performance. His old school didn’t offer that. His new one does.

So, Hell Yeah. Pruitt not only (probably) did steer Paige to Foley, he did the kid a great favor in the process and does so with the blessing of the NCAA.

Exit Question: When was the last time a Nick Saban led football program was placed on probation for recruiting violations? I’ll hang up and listen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 03:16:59 PM »
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA... :rofl:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »
Weapons of Mass Destruction are "on the up- and- up"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2012, 03:20:56 PM »
Milli Vanilli is "on the up- and- up"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."