Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Saban Cheating Again...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Saban Cheating Again...
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 11:56:22 AM »
The "minimum standards" and what actually gets in these days is vastly different.  All it takes to get admitted is a 2.0 and an 18 on the ACT.  Nobody with grades and scores like that gets in at Auburn, except Athletes.  I think I read the avg ACT for incoming Fr. at Auburn is like 27, and the avg GPA is @ 3.4.  I've known kids with decent grades and scores well above the stated "minimum standard" to get turned down.  They take the best grades and scores first, and limit the number they admit. 

And no, a kid that can't get eligible in HS shouldn't, in theory, be able to make the NCAA clearing house.  There's a sliding scale based on GPA and ACT, but you have to have a 2.0 minimum in your core classes.

My cousin ran track at AU on scholly back in the Early 2000's and they monitored his grades like a hawk. He did poorly in a class one semester (can't remember if it was a D or what) and was placed in JUCO in Opelika until he got back up to a B Average. Short story, they didn't fuck around with bad grades. Not sure if the football team gets a little more leeway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 11:59:53 AM »
My cousin ran track at AU on scholly back in the Early 2000's and they monitored his grades like a hawk. I did poorly in a class one semester (can't remember if it was a D or what) and was placed in JUCO in Opelika until he got back up to a B Average. Short story, they didn't fuck around with bad grades. Not sure if the football team gets a little more leeway.

I'm sure not everyone is treated the same, but by and large, my guess is Auburn coaches are like other coaches.  They ain't gonna fuck around with a problem child when they got so many other kids that can/will do what they have to do.  If your name is Cam Newton, or Bo Jackson, then I'm sure they will go to great lengths, but not for the average player.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:36 PM »
Just a general question.  How is a kid who can't even make the grades needed to be eligible to play high school ball, going to meet the grade point and ACT/SAT scores to get in a D1 college?  I mean, let's be realistic here.  This kid is struggling so bad in the classroom that he can't even pass enough courses to play football, but suddenly he's going to be a model student at another school. 

I have no idea what the requirements are to get in to UA for a regular student. I imagine the standards are somewhat lower for athletes.  I believe at Auburn, the minimum ACT score is now 27. (I would have never made it in)  Now that this is out there, is no one going to monitor this and see if or how he suddenly began making good grades and making college eligible ACT or SAT scores?  Is he just going to slide on through without anyone questioning this?

Foley has an outstanding remedial program.  Just outstanding. 

This place is infested with liars and thieves.  The coach at Daphne and the coach at Foley need to be fucking exterminated. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 12:58:27 PM »
Just a general question.  How is a kid who can't even make the grades needed to be eligible to play high school ball, going to meet the grade point and ACT/SAT scores to get in a D1 college?  I mean, let's be realistic here.  This kid is struggling so bad in the classroom that he can't even pass enough courses to play football, but suddenly he's going to be a model student at another school. 

I have no idea what the requirements are to get in to UA for a regular student. I imagine the standards are somewhat lower for athletes.  I believe at Auburn, the minimum ACT score is now 27. (I would have never made it in)  Now that this is out there, is no one going to monitor this and see if or how he suddenly began making good grades and making college eligible ACT or SAT scores?  Is he just going to slide on through without anyone questioning this?
The logic for Foley over Washington HS is because he can hypothetically get more credits at Foley due to the difference in scheduling between FL and AL schools. But, let's be realistic. This kid didn't give a shit about his grades the first two years of school. His GPA is fairly shitty now, but even if it improves, he more than likely isn't going to score high enough on the ACT to tip the sliding scale in his favor.

With all of this being said, and the NCAA supposedly knowing about it, I would hope that they go through all of his transcripts with a fine toothed comb when the time comes. Even if technically what Pruitt did isn't illegal according to the NCAA, it doesn't look proper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 01:05:36 PM »
The logic for Foley over Washington HS is because he can hypothetically get more credits at Foley due to the difference in scheduling between FL and AL schools. But, let's be realistic. This kid didn't give a shit about his grades the first two years of school. His GPA is fairly shitty now, but even if it improves, he more than likely isn't going to score high enough on the ACT to tip the sliding scale in his favor.

With all of this being said, and the NCAA supposedly knowing about it, I would hope that they go through all of his transcripts with a fine toothed comb when the time comes. Even if technically what Pruitt did isn't illegal according to the NCAA, it doesn't look proper.

Sorry I have to do it for this one.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
Sounds eerily similar to MANY cases involving uat players Chapman, Murphy, Fanning, Preyear, Fluker, Julio, to name a few....the last two came out of Foley High (Fluker was enrolled into 5 schools in the span of 4 years, before landing at Foley).

Also, Coach Pruitt was heavily involved in the Hoover Grade Changing scandal, his names was mentioned numerous times in the report, that got him a 1 year ban by the AHSAA.

So, not only do we have a University that does this on a yearly basis, we also have a College Coach that had been involved in a similar situation involving the same University that he's now a Staff Member of and the HS that he was a HC of....we also have the coaching connection between the Foley HC (who btw is full of shit when he stated that he didn't know that Paige was transferring, simple emails and/or texts will probably reveal that).
Funny, you didn't bat an eye when longtime Alabama fan Reuben Foster suddenly transferred to Auburn High for his senior season, then flipped to AU. Odd how two AU coaches have kids that play ball at that particular school as well. I bet he came up with that idea ALL by himself. Hey, I wonder how he paid for that tattoo?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 01:07:54 PM »
Funny, you didn't bat an eye when longtime Alabama fan Reuben Foster suddenly transferred to Auburn High for his senior season, then flipped to AU. Odd how two AU coaches have kids that play ball at that particular school as well. I bet he came up with that idea ALL by himself. Hey, I wonder how he paid for that tattoo?

Not saying its right, but your history of doing it and our history, are waaaaaay different.

You ain't even trying to compare body counts...boyeee
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:12:52 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »
Foster is just taking advantage of the freebies at AU til he flips back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 01:18:43 PM »
Not saying its right, but your history of doing it and our history, are waaaaaay different.
I understand that, and I also don't agree with it either. For that matter, Foster transferred much for the same reason that Paige did. He could get more credits at an Alabama school. The only difference is, he did it with the intention of graduating early. 

Here's the deal. What it sounds like is that Paige wasn't happy with the way that Washington was handling his academic situation. Maybe he thought that the school wasn't trying hard enough to help him, but maybe he is too dumb for the school to do anything for him as far as schedule change, etc. So he tells Pruitt that he might not qualify. Pruitt goes to the administration to ask them what the deal is. I don't think it is uncommon for student athletes in high school to have an academic plan (I had one in 8th grade before I started my freshman year), and I don't necessarily think it is wrong for a coach that is recruiting an athlete to be concerned with that plan. But if Pruitt specifically suggested Foley, that is what I have a problem with. Maybe he only suggested Foley because it is the closest Alabama high school. I don't know. But he shouldn't have. Let the family figure that out. That is something they would have easily figured out on their own, and it doesn't look improper.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:23:29 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 01:21:36 PM »
Cue next goat rape pic in 3...2...1....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2012, 01:24:10 PM »
I understand that, and I also don't agree with it either. For that matter, Foster transferred much for the same reason that Paige did. He could get more credits at an Alabama school. The only difference is, he did it with the intention of graduating early. 

Here's the deal. What it sounds like is that Paige wasn't happy with the way that Washington was handling his academic situation. Maybe he thought that the school wasn't trying hard enough to help him, but maybe he is too dumb for the school to do anything for him as far as schedule change, etc. So he tells Pruitt that he might not qualify. Pruitt goes to the administration to ask them what the deal is. I don't think it is uncommon for student athletes in high school to have an academic plan (I had one in 8th grade before I started my freshman year), and I don't necessarily think it is wrong for a coach that is recruiting an athlete to be concerned with that plan. But if Pruitt specifically suggested Foley, that is what I have a problem with. Maybe he only suggested Foley because it is the closest Alabama high school. I don't know. But he shouldn't have. Let the family figure that out. That is something they would have easily figured out on their own, and it doesn't look improper.

So what game you going to this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2012, 01:24:18 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2012, 01:25:03 PM »
Cue next goat rape pic in 3...2...1....
It's almost like you're hoping. Hmmmmmmm.....you must have alot in the spank bank by now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 01:28:48 PM »
On a somewhat related note...not really...a client came to me who's son was a really good soccer player in HS.  Crappy grades and an 18 on the ACT in his Junior year.  All of a sudden, college soccer corches start getting on him and he gets all fired up.  Realizes he has to get his stuff together and starts making good grades.  He takes a prep course for the ACT and nails a 28 in his senior year.  Signs with a college and gets started when the ACT folks come back and say invalid test score.  No way you can make that big a jump. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 01:29:14 PM »
It's almost like you're hoping. Hmmmmmmm.....you must have alot in the spank bank by now.

Those goat pics have good fapability
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »
So what game you going to this year?
I might actually go to one this year. Not sure. I was thinking about going to the Jerry Dome, but I'm working that day. Trying to save money and time. My wife is 20 weeks pregnant and hates football. She's due in January, so if I go, I will need to do it in the first part of the season. When I do go, I will take a picture and try to incorporate a goat into it or something. Just for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:33:29 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »
On a somewhat related note...not really...a client came to me who's son was a really good soccer player in HS.  Crappy grades and an 18 on the ACT in his Junior year.  All of a sudden, college soccer corches start getting on him and he gets all fired up.  Realizes he has to get his stuff together and starts making good grades.  He takes a prep course for the ACT and nails a 28 in his senior year.  Signs with a college and gets started when the ACT folks come back and say invalid test score.  No way you can make that big a jump.

Does seem like a pretty high jump but what are they saying he did?

What if it went the other way?  From a 28 to an 18.  Would they say that one is invalid as well?

I made a 27 on mine and cruised through school with a low C average. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »
Does seem like a pretty high jump but what are they saying he did?

What if it went the other way?  From a 28 to an 18.  Would they say that one is invalid as well?

I made a 27 on mine and cruised through school with a low C average.

They just said they won't allow that kind of jump.  Too suspicious.  But the kid did in fact get his shit together.  Came from a family where there was no way he was ever going to be able to go to college.  Then the opportunity came and he got serious.  Took the ACT the first time just showed up and didn't give a rip.  Second time, he was prepared.  I helped with the appeal but dropped the whole thing when the kid got a DUI...slammed his car nto another one at school and dropped out.  Dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2012, 01:51:40 PM »
I might actually go to one this year. Not sure. I was thinking about going to the Jerry Dome, but I'm working that day. Trying to save money and time. My wife is 20 weeks pregnant and hates football. She's due in January, so if I go, I will need to do it in the first part of the season. When I do go, I will take a picture and try to incorporate a goat into it or something. Just for you.
Yet keeping your streak alive of never seeing a game in BDS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum