Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Speaking Of Snakes...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Speaking Of Snakes...
« on: April 11, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
Well okay, so we weren't.  But, one of the secretaries here just told me about her next door neighbor, a 14 year old boy, who got popped by a water mocassin this past weekend. They have some swampy land behind their house and this boy and another were walking across a log and he slipped and his leg went in the water.  He was bitten twice on the leg.

Within about 30 minutes, she said it looked like his leg was about to explode.  Now get this.  He's rushed to one of the hospitals here, where he's given 2 anti-venom shots and put on an amberlamps to B'ham with 2 more shots to be given on the way.  He's in ICU in the Ham.  The bill for 35 minutes at Flowers Hospital and 2 anti-venom shots......$198,000.00.  With more shots and ICU, you're easily looking at $1 million.

I think it's an obvious mistake in billing but what if it's not?  Anyone ever heered of such?  Plus, mocassins are obviously legendary when it comes to scaring the bajeebus out of people, but I've never actually heard of someone getting bitten.  Apparently some seriously bad venom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Speaking Of Snakes...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 12:56:55 PM »
HAS to be a mistake in billing. A heart transplant doesn't cost a million.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:58:27 PM »
Antivenin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
Antivenin.

Really?  Seriously...never seen it spelled.  Always assumed people were saying anti-venom because...well, you know...

Learn something new everyday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 01:05:34 PM »
Really?  Seriously...never seen it spelled.  Always assumed people were saying anti-venom because...well, you know...

Learn something new everyday.

srsly
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »
Both are acceptable in the English language: Antivenom (or antivenin or antivenene).

Don't listen to Webster.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:08:44 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 01:10:17 PM »
Antivenin.

Wes would know. He's a lawyer. He's required to get milked twice a week. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 01:12:45 PM »
Don't listen to Webster.

Now listen here, bitch.  Just because I had Michael Jackson's hand shoved up my ass doesn't mean I'm not credible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 01:14:53 PM »
Both are acceptable in the English language: Antivenom (or antivenin or antivenene).

Don't listen to Webster.

Well, either way, he hyphenated it and I demand a full deduction of points for this!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »
Wes would know. He's a lawyer. He's required to get milked twice a week.

I like being milked every night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 02:14:29 PM »
Well okay, so we weren't.  But, one of the secretaries here just told me about her next door neighbor, a 14 year old boy, who got popped by a water mocassin this past weekend. They have some swampy land behind their house and this boy and another were walking across a log and he slipped and his leg went in the water.  He was bitten twice on the leg.

Within about 30 minutes, she said it looked like his leg was about to explode.  Now get this.  He's rushed to one of the hospitals here, where he's given 2 anti-venom shots and put on an amberlamps to B'ham with 2 more shots to be given on the way.  He's in ICU in the Ham.  The bill for 35 minutes at Flowers Hospital and 2 anti-venom shots......$198,000.00.  With more shots and ICU, you're easily looking at $1 million.

I think it's an obvious mistake in billing but what if it's not?  Anyone ever heered of such?  Plus, mocassins are obviously legendary when it comes to scaring the bajeebus out of people, but I've never actually heard of someone getting bitten.  Apparently some seriously bad venom.

I've heard that cottonmouths/water moccasins are among the most aggressive of the poisonous snakes in the US and I have heard of people getting bitten.  When this kid slipped he most likely stepped on it.  There's an old wive's tale that they can't strike underwater but, as is obvious in this case, that isn't true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 03:09:40 PM »
Just for the record, I am not a fan of old wives.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »

Yeah, they have tails and are full of venom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 04:39:49 PM »
I grew up on the Alabama river. The first thing always loaded into the boat was the gun. I've seen some big ass water moccasins. They love to sun themselves on the bank.
Thought it would be funny one day to hit one with my lure. Not funny. He chased it back to the boat and tried to get in. Harder to hit with a .22 pistol when they are moving.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 04:42:36 PM »

The problem with old wives is they usually have old husbands with guns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 04:43:33 PM »
I got a snake for y'all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »
I've heard that cottonmouths/water moccasins are among the most aggressive of the poisonous snakes in the US and I have heard of people getting bitten.  When this kid slipped he most likely stepped on it.  There's an old wive's tale that they can't strike underwater but, as is obvious in this case, that isn't true.

They are very aggressive and let out a strong musk as well. Copperheads and Rattlesnakes (some) would just as soon be left alone. Cottonmouths are just plain mean and itching to hit a lick.   (Too soon?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 04:51:16 PM »
Cottonmouths are just plain mean and itching to hit a lick.

Only when they on dat spice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.