Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Speaking Of Snakes...

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: Speaking Of Snakes...
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 02:59:43 PM »
We had put up a new hot fence on my dad's farm.  Someone (probably me) left an empty wire spool laying on the ground by the hot wire.  Reached down to pick it up so I could throw it away.  Apparently the red wasp that was making a home of the hole in the middle of the spool didn't like my finger there and stung the shit out of it.  I slung the spool, and dance around to get away and managed to get my ankles up against the hot fence and it burned the shit out me.   Fuck that day. 
Um...  I know that I'm opening myself up by asking, but what's a hot fence? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2012, 03:01:02 PM »

It was wearing a bikini
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:01:33 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »
We had put up a new hot fence on my dad's farm.  Someone (probably me) left an empty wire spool laying on the ground by the hot wire.  Reached down to pick it up so I could throw it away.  Apparently the red wasp that was making a home of the hole in the middle of the spool didn't like my finger there and stung the shitake out of it.  I slung the spool, and dance around to get away and managed to get my ankles up against the hot fence and it burned the shitake out me.   fudge that day.

I would pay to see entertainment of that quality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
It was wearing a bikini

Insert little rimshot emoticon.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »
We had put up a new hot fence on my dad's farm.  Someone (probably me) left an empty wire spool laying on the ground by the hot wire.  Reached down to pick it up so I could throw it away.  Apparently the red wasp that was making a home of the hole in the middle of the spool didn't like my finger there and stung the shitake out of it.  I slung the spool, and dance around to get away and managed to get my ankles up against the hot fence and it burned the shitake out me.   fudge that day.

You were a video camera away from $100,000
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2012, 03:26:04 PM »
We had put up a new hot fence on my dad's farm.  Someone (probably me) left an empty wire spool laying on the ground by the hot wire.  Reached down to pick it up so I could throw it away.  Apparently the red wasp that was making a home of the hole in the middle of the spool didn't like my finger there and stung the shit out of it.  I slung the spool, and dance around to get away and managed to get my ankles up against the hot fence and it burned the shit out me.   Fuck that day.

Yeah, I'd say so. I'll talk shit to gators at Lake Eufaula but red wasps? Fuck that. I don't fuck with those little shitheads. You never win actually picking a fight with them. Of course as self defense (if you can manage to spot them before they get you), you can always get a can of that wasp spray that goes like 30 feet. I do hate getting that shit all over the front of my house because the little shits always like to congregate in my front yard at the shrubbery near where I turn on the underground sprinkler. They hide in the bushes just waiting on me to turn on the sprinkler or trim the shrubs, etc. I usually don't even see em coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2012, 03:32:04 PM »

Seriously?

Its an electric fence. Go pee on one and you'll find out why they call it hot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
Seriously?

Just ask AUT1.

And the larger the animal its for, the hotter it is usually.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
Seriously?

You will have to forgive him, he had slaves for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GarMan

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »
Seriously?

Oh-kaaaay...  Actually, that's what I suspected, but he said that it "burned the shit out me".  Yeah...  I've been buzzed by an electric fence before, but I can't say that it burned.  It only burns when I pee...  Wait...  What? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

djsimp

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 03:52:17 PM »

"Hey you, ova theya. Yeaha you, the dark one. Come hitha and lay yourself acroost this heara hot fence so I dun't hafta scorn my new 100 dolla snakeskin boots that I received as an honor...rary Grand Masta."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2012, 04:06:12 PM »
Oh-kaaaay...  Actually, that's what I suspected, but he said that it "burned the shit out me".  Yeah...  I've been buzzed by an electric fence before, but I can't say that it burned.  It only burns when I pee...  Wait...  What?

It don't really burn but it will sure scare the shit out of you not expecting it. Well, of course that depends on what voltage one uses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2012, 04:12:48 PM »
Everybody was doing it back then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »

What GH said.  It's electric.  To keep heavy ass cows (especially the bulls) from leaning against the fence and using it to scratch, we would place a wire approx 2 feet out from the bottom about 6 to 8 inches high.  Then turn the juice way up on that bastard.  Yes, it will leave a nice burn mark across the legs just right above the ankles.

I would pay to see entertainment of that quality.

My dad and brother found it to be hilarious.  Me, not so much. 

Another thing that people beside myself find hilarious is when you cut hay, run over a snake, don't realize it and then it ends up in a square bale of hay.   Reach down to pick it up to throw in on the trailer........Oh, look!  SURPRISE!  Real funny stuff apparently.  People stand around and laugh.  They also point a lot while laughing.  Did you know that you can throw a 70lb bale a long way?

EDIT: Fuck that day too!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:20:51 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »
Snakes generally don't scare me.  Certainly, I give them all the respect in the world and no I don't want one in the boat with me.  But, if I see one, I'm more apt to mess with him and try to pick him up if I know he's not poisonous.  I was hunting one time and trying to walk very quietly down this path and caught movement just in front of me on the path.  It was a rattlesnake crossing in front of me and my next step was on him.  But, it was clear that he just wanted to get to wherever he was going and had no interest in me.  So I just kneeled down and watched him, literally within arms length of me.  He wasn't coiling, just moving along.  No biggee.

Now conversely, two weeks ago we're down at the beach.  Laying out by the pool, temps in the upper 80's.  Sitting there talking and a red wasp buzzed the tower.  I jerked like an epileptic in full seizure mode.  The wife was laughing because I had goose bumps the size of apples all over me.  I HATE those fuckers with a passion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:01 PM »
Red Wasps have to be the most aggressive, pissed off creatures in the entire animal world.

This guy don't give a shit what you say.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2012, 06:19:54 PM »
Yes, yes...I posted that without reading further and noticing that it had already been posted.

I give myself a -50.

But a +2 for honesty, bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GarMan

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2012, 06:46:12 PM »
Yes, yes...I posted that without reading further and noticing that it had already been posted.

I give myself a -50.

But a +2 for honesty, bitches.
Was that you or one of the other TigersX Queenz narrating? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2012, 06:49:52 PM »
Was that you or one of the other TigersX Queenz narrating?

I prefer "TigersX Beta," thank you very much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2012, 09:47:40 AM »

Were not talking about a hot fence in your yard for your dog or at a petting zoo. Large animal hot fences will literally burn you. They are designed for big ass cows and such so being a human at a fraction of their size puts a hurting on ya if you touch it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE