Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Day 4

JR4AU

Re: Day 4
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »
Yeah, because True Fr. starting on the OL in the SEC means trouble, right? Lmao.

Yeah, as a general rule.  Lmao.

And no, Coach Grimes doesn't say anything unless he means it, like I said before...he's not going to say something just to say it. He's cut from the same cloth as Coach Rocker.

I didn't say he said it just to say it.   I said it's coach speak.  It has a purpose. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2012, 09:13:43 AM »
Starting 5: Robinson, Sullen, Dismukes, Westerman or Mack, Slade. 

Any true Fr. comes in and unseats any of those, then we have serious issues.  We saw it last year, they're simply not physically read to play.  Will they be allowed to "battle"?   Sure, they need to start getting the work, and pushing the starters to get better.  The reason they're holding out some of the OL this spring is because that's who the intended starters are and they're being cautious.

Grimes is a coach, and he does speak coach speak.   
Yeah...uhh fuck you.

Signed,
Reese Dismukes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
Yeah...uhh fuck you.

Signed,
Reese Dismukes

Yeah...uhh suck it.

Signed,
Lee Ziemba and Ryan Pugh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2012, 09:47:19 AM »
Yeah...uhh suck it.

Signed,
Lee Ziemba and Ryan Pugh
Yeah, well at Auburn, but as a general rule.

Signed,
La’el Collins,
A.J. Cann
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2012, 09:48:46 AM »
Yeah...uhh suck it.

Signed,
Lee Ziemba and Ryan Pugh

Yeah I agree with those guys,

Signed,

Chaz Ramsa...OOOWWEEE my back!

Fucking trainers. You what - nevermind, I hate Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 09:50:57 AM »
Yeah I agree with those guys,

Signed,

Chaz Ramsa...OOOWWEEE my back!

Fucking trainers. You what - nevermind, I hate Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »

And Chaz wept.

Sad thing is, he was a decent OL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2012, 11:08:44 AM »
Yeah...uhh fuck you.

Signed,
Reese Dismukes

Dismukes beat out an undersized walk on for the job.  And his play was inconsistent, and best described as adequate.  He isn't the exception, he proves the rule. 
Yeah...uhh suck it.

Signed,
Lee Ziemba and Ryan Pugh

Yeah, they were pretty decent as Fr.  Still, with Ben Tate and  Brandon Cox in 2007 they failed to produce a 1000 yard rusher, Auburn was 53rd in Rushing offense, and was 51st in Sacks allowed.  (Some Sacks are on the QB or RB too), 97th in Total Off., and 84th in Scoring.

In 2009,  (I won't even try to use 2010) their Jr. season, Ben Tate rushed for 1363 yards, Auburn was 13th in the nation in rushing offense, 16th in Total Off., 17th in scoring offense, and 45th in sacks allowed.

As a general rule Fr. are not physically ready to play OL, or and DT, but some are forced in to duty by default.   If they're good as Fr., which is rare, they're much better as Jr. and Sr.  If they suck as Fr. it doesn't mean they won't be good with some time to grown, gain experience, and off season workouts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »
Yeah, as a general rule.  Lmao.

I didn't say he said it just to say it.   I said it's coach speak.  It has a purpose.
I'm guessing you were up in arms and doom & glooming when 3 True Fr. started along AU's OL against Florida in The Swamp & with Reese Dismukes this past season (started at the most important position on the field...the Center).

Also, Coach Grimes isn't going to give veiled statements. He ain't got time for that shit...remember, he's the one that told Texas to fuck off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2012, 08:34:46 PM »
I'm guessing you were up in arms and doom & glooming when 3 True Fr. started along AU's OL against Florida in The Swamp & with Reese Dismukes this past season (started at the most important position on the field...the Center).

The 2007 OL was just the type situation where it was forced on the coaches to make changes.  King Dunlap was mailing it in.  If I recall correctly, Jason Bosley was injured most of the season (but I may misremember that), Leon Hart was one of the biggest disappointments ever, and the projected starter at RT was Andrew McCain who was a converted TE that had yet to grow in to the position.  The entire right side of the line and LT were shit!  Their projected  back ups were walk ons and nobodies except RFr Byron Isom, and Mike Berry.  It's the type of shit storm that gets Fr starting on the OL.  As I mentioned already, there are exceptions, and citing them doesn't disprove the rule.   They were adequate on a team that went 9-4.     

Dismukes started because there was nobody else.

Up in arms?  Why?

Also, Coach Grimes isn't going to give veiled statements. He ain't got time for that shit...remember, he's the one that told Texas to fuck off.

You speak as if you have a personal relationship with Coach Grimes, and it's making me  *snicker* every time you tell me what Grimes will or won't say, and what cloth he's cut from.

By the way, I'm sort of agreeing with you.  The new guys will be given reps, and will be allowed to "battle".  It will take some bad shit, injuries, or underperformance (see 2007 for reference) for one of them to win a starting position.  Barring injury in camp, I've listed the starting 5 for opening day. 

Care to make it a friendly wager that 5 of the 6 I've listed will start vs Clemson?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:24:01 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 09:24:13 PM »
The 2007 OL was just the type situation where it was forced on the coaches to make changes.  King Dunlap was mailing it in.  If I recall correctly, Jason Bosley was injured most of the season (but I may misremember that), Leon Hart was one of the biggest disappointments ever, and the projected starter at RT was Andrew McCain who was a converted TE that had yet to grow in to the position.  The entire right side of the line and LT were shit!  Their projected  back ups were walk ons and nobodies except RFr Byron Isom, and Mike Berry.  It's the type of shit storm that gets Fr starting on the OL.  As I mentioned already, there are exceptions, and citing them doesn't disprove the rule.   They were adequate on a team that went 9-4.     

You speak as if you have a personal relationship with Coach Grimes, and it's making me  *snicker* every time you tell me what Grimes will or won't say, and what cloth he's cut from.

By the way, I'm sort of agreeing with you.  The new guys will be given reps, and will be allowed to "battle".  It will take some bad shit, injuries, or underperformance (see 2007 for reference) for one of them to win a starting position.  Barring injury in camp, I've listed the starting 5 for opening day. 

Care to make it a friendly wager that 5 of the 6 I've listed will start vs Clemson?
Name your price.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:30:05 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
Name your price.

Standard bet.  Handle of the winner's choosing.  (No special runs, or batches...regular off the shelf at the ABC)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 09:30:57 PM »
Standard bet.  Handle of the winner's choosing.  (No special runs, or batches...regular off the shelf at the ABC)
You got It.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 09:34:17 PM »
You got It.

Witness
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 09:38:03 PM »
Starting 5: Robinson, Sullen, Dismukes, Westerman or Mack, Slade. 

Here are his starting 6, for the bet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 09:40:29 PM »
Here are his starting 6, for the bet.

Just to be clear, I'm betting the starting 5 vs Clemson will be from those 6. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 11:14:48 PM »
Just to be clear, I'm betting the starting 5 vs Clemson will be from those 6.

I'll back that bet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2012, 09:29:51 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »
The only question that matters for the opener against Climpsum, is who the deep snapper will be.  Talk about your battles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »
I'll back that bet.

How?  With money, or just moral support?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions