Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Day 4

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Day 4
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 01:51:39 PM »
Prowler hit it on the button. Our OL has to play much better this year and I think Robinson and Westerman will be major improvements to go with Dismukes.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »
Prowler hit it on the button. Our OL has to play much better this year and I think Robinson and Westerman will be major improvements to go with Dismukes.

I think wes4au and I have said that over 162 times
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 02:01:07 PM »
I think wes4au and I have said that over 162 times

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 02:28:34 PM »

PCT, and others I've talked to seem to think E. Mack is the guy at RG.  But yeah, they've all had another year to physically mature, and I think they'll be a much better group this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 03:42:48 PM »
And then I read today coach Grimes giving high praise to Westerman.  Either way, it seems there's some battles going on, and that only makes them better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 12:06:48 AM »
And then I read today coach Grimes giving high praise to Westerman.  Either way, it seems there's some battles going on, and that only makes them better.
There'll be more battles along the OL when the rest of the OL class gets there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 08:51:49 AM »
There'll be more battles along the OL when the rest of the OL class gets there.

Maybe, but I doubt it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »
Maybe, but I doubt it.
Jordan Diamond will battle for the RT position & Alex Kozan for the LG position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 09:30:31 PM »
Jordan Diamond will battle for the RT position & Alex Kozan for the LG position.

Battle?   Ok.  However, if we start 2 true Fr. over guys that have been on campus for a season, an off season, and a spring training, then that won't be a good sign. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 11:47:56 PM »
Battle?   Ok.  However, if we start 2 true Fr. over guys that have been on campus for a season, an off season, and a spring training, then that won't be a good sign.

Unless these guys were lightning in a bottle, that was the same thing I was thinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 07:54:42 AM »
Unless these guys were lightning in a bottle, that was the same thing I was thinking.

OL, more than other positions on the field, require time to get physically ready to play.  I've heard numerous times about how some of these big guys, on both sides of the ball have really reshaped their bodies.  Only time, and off season workouts gets you that.  18 year old true Fr can play some positions, but usually they're not physically ready to play in the trenches.  Contrary to the "they've played 8 games, they're not young anymore" crowd, you can't cram 2 to 3 years of growth, maturity, spring training, and off season workouts in to 2 months of a football season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »

He has really become one of my favorite coaches on an Auburn staff in recent memory. The guy recruits lights out nationally, said 'NO' to Texas (and their millions) and does well with the talent and experience he is given. Last year was a total rebuilding year on the OL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »
He has really become one of my favorite coaches on an Auburn staff in recent memory. The guy recruits lights out nationally, said 'NO' to Texas (and their millions) and does well with the talent and experience he is given. Last year was a total rebuilding year on the OL.

Grimes is a gem. He is up there with Rocker as my all-time favs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »
Grimes is a gem. He is up there with Rocker as my all-time favs.

He is always one of the most genial on the staff at Tiger Walk. He takes the time to see and high five as many fans as possible with a big smile. Super cool dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
Maybe, but I doubt it.

. But when Auburn welcomes in five freshman offensive linemen this summer, Grimes is excited about the future.
"When we get our guys in this fall, we'll have by far the most competition since I've been here," said Grimes. "We're very short right now because we have a couple of guys out, but when fall camp rolls around, it will be a lot better.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 07:56:24 PM »
Coach speak
Ummm yeah, Coach Grimes isn't going to just say things just to say things...he's going to tell it like it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 08:32:33 PM »
Ummm yeah, Coach Grimes isn't going to just say things just to say things...he's going to tell it like it is.

Starting 5: Robinson, Sullen, Dismukes, Westerman or Mack, Slade. 

Any true Fr. comes in and unseats any of those, then we have serious issues.  We saw it last year, they're simply not physically read to play.  Will they be allowed to "battle"?   Sure, they need to start getting the work, and pushing the starters to get better.  The reason they're holding out some of the OL this spring is because that's who the intended starters are and they're being cautious.

Grimes is a coach, and he does speak coach speak.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 08:39:15 PM »

Any true Fr. comes in and unseats any of those, then we have serious issues.  We saw it last year, they're simply not physically read to play.  Will they be allowed to "battle"?   Sure, they need to start getting the work, and pushing the starters to get better.  The reason they're holding out some of the OL this spring is because that's who the intended starters are and they're being cautious.

Got to agree with this 100%.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 09:15:15 PM »

Yeah, because True Fr. starting on the OL in the SEC means trouble, right? Lmao.

And no, Coach Grimes doesn't say anything unless he means it, like I said before...he's not going to say something just to say it. He's cut from the same cloth as Coach Rocker.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:22:33 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions