Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

as Morris goes...

jmar

as Morris goes...
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:34:30 PM »
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20120826/SPORTS/308260017/BART-WRIGHT-Auburn-s-new-approach-may-instructive-Clemson?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Not convinced D has to suck with NH/Spread. Helps to have defensive numbers (incl. a few quality) in the cupboard when bringing in an offensive genius whose given the free reign to recruit as he pleases.

*Prosch might signify the changing of the guard to Wright but he represents the singlemost important player on our roster to date since Smiff ran himself off the team.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: as Morris goes...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 09:07:05 PM »
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20120826/SPORTS/308260017/BART-WRIGHT-Auburn-s-new-approach-may-instructive-Clemson?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Not convinced D has to suck with NH/Spread. Helps to have defensive numbers (incl. a few quality) in the cupboard when bringing in an offensive genius whose given the free reign to recruit as he pleases.

*Prosch might signify the changing of the guard to Wright but he represents the singlemost important player on our roster to date since Smiff ran himself off the team.

Yeah, let's not get carried away with the FB being the single most important player.  Smith had his moments, both good, and bad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 10:56:51 PM »
Yeah, let's not get carried away with the FB being the single most important player.  Smith had his moments, both good, and bad.
I wouldn't agree with JR in this assesment most years but this year, I agree he could certainly be a major impact. I'm hesitant to say the single most important but we are going to really need him to bust some holes open and for pass protection.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 06:03:39 AM »
Yeah I only say it because we are suspect up front, we have no proven between the tackles back and we only hope we can throw it. I don't expect Prosch to run far or catch many passes but he should certainly give Frazier some comfort in the pocket while opening some creases for OMac and the gang. Just knowing he can hammer a linebacker makes me think Lutz will find some more space.
Agree on Smith if only for his behavior so I'm looking for Prosch to lead. The value of a fullback generally goes unnoticed but I think Prosch will become a favorite by example.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions