Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Day 4

JR4AU

Day 4
« on: March 28, 2012, 12:28:04 PM »
Of the 5 QBs, the main 3 always work in the middle of the drills, and Frazier is in the center, and again  taking snaps from Dismukes. 

Adding a bit to the offense each day.

Blakely seems to have trouble fielding KOs. 

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:29:20 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Day 4
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:45:33 PM »
Anybody thinking Auburn may still have to recruit a QB to fit the new direction? It's too early to call these all bad and I'm not doing that. Just thinking out loud a bit.

We know what Frazier ran in high school. What did Moseley and Pike come from system-wise?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
Anybody thinking Auburn may still have to recruit a QB to fit the new direction? It's too early to call these all bad and I'm not doing that. Just thinking out loud a bit.

We know what Frazier ran in high school. What did Moseley and Pike come from system-wise?

They all ran some type of shotgun spread in HS. 

I think we've seen enough of Mosley to call him bad.  Could Loeffler develop his talent?  I'm thinking there'd have to be some talent to develop.  There's a difference in developing talent, and creating it.  God creates it, coaches develop it, and I think Mosley missed out on step one.   You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Frazier and Pike are unknowns.

Right now, my money is on Frazier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:10:08 PM »
Frazier and Pike are unknowns.

Right now, my money is on Frazier.

I would say that's a good bet.  I would go further and say if Moseley is our starting QB come August.  We be fucked!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 01:13:45 PM »
I would say that's a good bet.  I would go further and say if Moseley is our starting QB come August.  We be fucked!

Be honest. Did you ever think the same thing about Brandon Cox?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 01:15:10 PM »
Be honest. Did you ever think the same thing about Brandon Cox?
Only the first year.   Brandon was a good QB though, I really never thought he wasn't.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:15:45 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »
Only the first year.   Brandon was a good QB though, I really never thought he wasn't.

I admit the GA Tech game had me worried but he grew into it. The offense also wasn't geared around him; it was on that OLine (a chunk of which still plays on Sundays) and the cavalcade of RBs from that era. Hope this is a move back towards that style personally.

And for the record, I'd take Brandon Cox over all of what's on that video.

Where is he nowadays?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
I admit the GA Tech game had me worried but he grew into it. The offense also wasn't geared around him; it was on that OLine (a chunk of which still plays on Sundays) and the cavalcade of RBs from that era. Hope this is a move back towards that style personally.

Where is he nowadays?

Dude was 29-9 as a starter, I would take him over most of Auburn's quarterback history.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »

In defense, do remember it is day 4 under a new system and regime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 01:26:14 PM »
If our OL plays like they did last year, we could have Jesus & Fergie, or Cam, at QB...it wouldn't matter, the results would be the same.

As long as AJ Greene doesn't suit back up and Chad Slade keeps his fat ass at a Tackle position, we will be fine....even if Moseley beats out Frazier & Pike.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 01:27:32 PM »
In defense, do remember it is day 4 under a new system and regime.

True.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 01:28:30 PM »

I think I've said the same thing 100 times. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »
If our OL plays like they did last year, we could have Jesus & Fergie, or Cam, at QB...it wouldn't matter, the results would be the same.

As long as AJ Greene doesn't suit back up and Chad Slade keeps his fat ass at a Tackle position, we will be fine....even if Moseley beats out Frazier & Pike.

Can they get worse?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »

Did you say something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »

You're seeing drills being run at half speed,  and warm up throws.  I'm basing NOTHING on any of that, and only the fact that Frazier is working with the starting Center, and he is in the center of all 3 of the guys in the battle in all the drills.  And I admit that could be meaningless, but I don't think it is.

Here's more of my opinion.  Coaches almost always go with experience if they can.  That's the only thing that makes Mosley a factor.  Frazier, while he wasn't allowed to throw last year, got some real game speed playing time, and I'm banking he's that much more physically talented than Mosley, and the experience will be good enough. 

Here's a caveat to all that.  This new system is going to be much more like what we've seen out of bammer and LSU, and I feel they will not ask much of the QB beyond taking care of the ball, and an average QB could be ok, a la McGinger and AJ McBrodie.  So, that sort of works in Mosler's favor. 

I'm still betting on Frazier, but honestly don't care as long as whoever it is gets the job done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 01:39:07 PM »

I concur. Cox was a gamer and was never short on effort. I loathe the fans who were screaming from the stands for the death of his first born.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »
I concur. Cox was a gamer and was never short on effort. I loathe the fans who were screaming from the stands for the death of his first born.

Agree! I'd be content, no, happy, if I knew we had a QB the likes of Brandon out there right now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 01:43:42 PM »
You're seeing drills being run at half speed,  and warm up throws.  I'm basing NOTHING on any of that, and only the fact that Frazier is working with the starting Center, and he is in the center of all 3 of the guys in the battle in all the drills.  And I admit that could be meaningless, but I don't think it is.

Here's more of my opinion.  Coaches almost always go with experience if they can.  That's the only thing that makes Mosley a factor.  Frazier, while he wasn't allowed to throw last year, got some real game speed playing time, and I'm banking he's that much more physically talented than Mosley, and the experience will be good enough. 

Here's a caveat to all that.  This new system is going to be much more like what we've seen out of bammer and LSU, and I feel they will not ask much of the QB beyond taking care of the ball, and an average QB could be ok, a la McGinger and AJ McBrodie.  So, that sort of works in Mosler's favor. 

I'm still betting on Frazier, but honestly don't care as long as whoever it is gets the job done.
Who are you again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 01:45:39 PM »
Agree! I'd be content, no, happy, if I knew we had a QB the likes of Brandon out there right now.

He also played with this disease (something that would have a lot of people confined to a bed for hours):

Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune neuromuscular disease leading to fluctuating muscle weakness and fatiguability. It is an autoimmune disorder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE