Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TJ YELDON TO BAMA

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: TJ YELDON TO BAMA
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2011, 12:42:42 PM »
Did we ever get an explanation on that trip and sequestering of Mr. Calloway? 

Cyrus:  "I'm going to Auburn.  Where do I sign?  Wait, what?  Oh...unless I'm not."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2011, 12:51:49 PM »
NOTHING suspicious about that at all. Quick fucking bringing Cyrus and Calloway into the argument to compare. The timing of the Yeldon switch escapes you for some reason. You are telling me he is SOLID the whole time, tells Chizik that Thursday and then 2 days later has a change of heart hours before the midnight dead period starts? I don't buy it. Either he's a looney tune or he was Bama all along which is dirty as shit to lead Auburn on that way, and makes him a HUGE liar. I've never seen something like this go down in this fashion. Calloway was the closest when he was kidnapped and taken to a Florida hotel in February.
And I've already said I think he was lying, and gave a reason why I think he was lying about it. I agree that if he felt different, he should have said so, and shouldn't have led anybody on. I'm not failing to understand the timing at all. It simply boils down to you think he changed right before the dead period because UA did something terrible. You won't even consider that maybe he was pressured so much by AU coaches that he felt he had to do it this way to keep them from blowing his shit up. You can't fathom that it happened any other way than UA handing the kid a bag of cash and a car. Maybe they did. I don't know. I don't care. Recruiting has become so fucking stupid, because of shit like this. It's ridiculous. Jesus, some kid is announcing his college choice on Facebook and Twitter tomorrow. 

I don't exactly agree with the way he is handling it, but then again, I'm not him and I don't know what's going on. None of us do. I'm just wondering, if Alabama is paying every 4 and 5 star recruit, why the fuck can't we get any better QBs? Why aren't these kids lining up at the door?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:55:10 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2011, 01:03:07 PM »
And I've already said I think he was lying, and gave a reason why I think he was lying about it. I agree that if he felt different, he should have said so, and shouldn't have led anybody on. I'm not failing to understand the timing at all. It simply boils down to you think he changed right before the dead period because UA did something terrible. You won't even consider that maybe he was pressured so much by AU coaches that he felt he had to do it this way to keep them from blowing his shit up. You can't fathom that it happened any other way than UA handing the kid a bag of cash and a car. Maybe they did. I don't know. I don't care. Recruiting has become so fucking stupid, because of shit like this. It's ridiculous. Jesus, some kid is announcing his college choice on Facebook and Twitter tomorrow. 

I don't exactly agree with the way he is handling it, but then again, I'm not him and I don't know what's going on. None of us do. I'm just wondering, if Alabama is paying every 4 and 5 star recruit, why the fuck can't we get any better QBs? Why aren't these kids lining up at the door?

I'm one of the few on here that defends you from time to time. Don't piss me off and make me flex my e penis. I'll do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »
I'm one of the few on here that defends you from time to time. Don't piss me off and make me flex my e penis. I'll do it.
I'm not even being all that difficult.

I think the kid was probably lying, which I don't agree with. I don't understand why he did it the way he did, but I could understand a few situations that could happen where he would feel it might be the best route. I don't know if those situations actually took place or not. I don't know if the kid was planted by Alabama from day 1. I don't really care. If he flips back to AU tomorrow, I don't care. Is it weird for him to act this way? Sure. I just think it's funny that it's an automatic DEM GOTDAMN BAMMERS CHEATIN AGAIN!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2011, 02:19:34 PM »
I'm not even being all that difficult.

I think the kid was probably lying, which I don't agree with. I don't understand why he did it the way he did, but I could understand a few situations that could happen where he would feel it might be the best route. I don't know if those situations actually took place or not. I don't know if the kid was planted by Alabama from day 1. I don't really care. If he flips back to AU tomorrow, I don't care. Is it weird for him to act this way? Sure. I just think it's funny that it's an automatic DEM GOTDAMN BAMMERS CHEATIN AGAIN!!!!

You're right. Let's say he was lying and everything is on the up and up...

Why did Calloway get hauled off by a Alabama booster for 2 days before signing day when he was a commit to Auburn only to come back to sign with Alabama?

Why did Cyrus commit to Auburn on national TV on signing day after being undecided only to change his mind 20 minutes later and fax in the LOI to Alabama?

With that siad...why does Yeldon stay a commitment to Auburn for 7 months only to release a statement to Auburn through the press that he is now 100% commited to Alabama after he never said he was undecided?

Bullshit dude. If you have just one of those, I say it may just be bad luck or a coincidence...but fucking 3??? All 5*'s???? And all happening within the last 10 months???

Bull. Fucking. Shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »

Why did Calloway get hauled off by a Alabama booster for 2 days before signing day when he was a commit to Auburn only to come back to sign with Alabama?

Why did Cyrus commit to Auburn on national TV on signing day after being undecided only to change his mind 20 minutes later and fax in the LOI to Alabama?

With that siad...why does Yeldon stay a commitment to Auburn for 7 months only to release a statement to Auburn through the press that he is now 100% commited to Alabama after he never said he was undecided?

Bullshit dude. If you have just one of those, I say it may just be bad luck or a coincidence...but fucking 3??? All 5*'s???? And all happening within the last 10 months???

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Fucking A

RWS,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2011, 02:48:10 PM »
Not only is this bullshit, and reek of dirty pool for obvious reasons, the fact that we just entered the dead period means not only can Auburn not talk to Yeldon, but they can't recruit a potential replacement.

He straight-up fucked us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2011, 02:50:03 PM »

Bull. Fucking. Shit.
I thought it was pretty damn odd that Calloway and Cyrus committed to AU in the first place. You have to admit, that was pretty weird. You certainly can't tell me that either one was expected. As far as the Calloway thing goes, I'm pretty sure the NCAA has probably had some insight into that situation. I don't know for sure, so just a guess there. Not really worried about it. I too find it interesting that these kids seem to have to "get away" from AU coaches. You're just on the other side of the fence, so you're going to have a negative opinion towards the other side. Same here. Yeah, I think the whole thing is odd, but I just don't have an answer for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2011, 03:06:01 PM »
I thought it was pretty damn odd that Calloway and Cyrus committed to AU in the first place. You have to admit, that was pretty weird. You certainly can't tell me that either one was expected. As far as the Calloway thing goes, I'm pretty sure the NCAA has probably had some insight into that situation. I don't know for sure, so just a guess there. Not really worried about it. I too find it interesting that these kids seem to have to "get away" from AU coaches. You're just on the other side of the fence, so you're going to have a negative opinion towards the other side. Same here. Yeah, I think the whole thing is odd, but I just don't have an answer for it.

Apples and Oranges.....again.

Did Calloway switch his committment to us hours before the dead period? Was he an early enrollee? Because those things are HUGE in the case of Yeldon.

Like Chizad said, it also puts our staff in a bind not being able to recruit a replacement for him. If he had done this a month ago, it wouldn't be nearly as bad. We would have time to recover and move on to someone else. Now? We are hosed. We can't talk to any recruit. You have to see where people would think there is malice going on here. He straight up screwed us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2011, 03:17:27 PM »
Apples and Oranges.....again.

Did Calloway switch his committment to us hours before the dead period? Was he an early enrollee? Because those things are HUGE in the case of Yeldon.

Like Chizad said, it also puts our staff in a bind not being able to recruit a replacement for him. If he had done this a month ago, it wouldn't be nearly as bad. We would have time to recover and move on to someone else. Now? We are hosed. We can't talk to any recruit. You have to see where people would think there is malice going on here. He straight up screwed us.
Like I said in a previous posts, I understand there is a difference. I wasn't the one to bring it up again.

I totally see it. I'm not disagreeing with it. If he did it out of spite, he's a prick for doing it. If he had to do it this way because of his HS coach, and/or AU coaches, it's another story. Something interesting? His last day of school was the 16th. I can see both sides of this. Especially if his HS coach was pressuring him as well. Again, I don't know that he was, just throwing that out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2011, 03:37:19 PM »
If his last day was the 16th, then he won't have to see his HS coach anymore, just like he avoided manning up to talk with Coach Chizik. 

Apples and granola here, but I was listening to a radio show I heard with Skarbinski is on with some woman while I was in B'ham last week.  They had Tebow's HS coach on and they asked him how serious Timmy Two-toes was about Alabama.  He said he was there when Tebow called Shula and had tears in his eyes when telling Mikey about his decision.

Everyone...altogether now....AAAAAAWWWWWW....

Point is, man up and make the call.  Like was said earlier, he left AU in total limbo during the dead period with no chance to replace him.  I'll bet the Bama coaches didn't even realize that.  They're probably sorry for the bad timing and sent Coach Chizik and his lovelly family a nice card and fruit cake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2011, 03:56:32 PM »
So Yeldon isn't coming to AUburn?!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2011, 03:57:43 PM »
If his last day was the 16th, then he won't have to see his HS coach anymore, just like he avoided manning up to talk with Coach Chizik. 
Exactly. If he didn't have to see his HS coach again, then he wouldn't have to worry about the pressure from him anymore if the kid really wanted to go to Bama, but the coach was pressuring him to AU. That is IF this is part of the situation.

Apples and granola here, but I was listening to a radio show I heard with Skarbinski is on with some woman while I was in B'ham last week.  They had Tebow's HS coach on and they asked him how serious Timmy Two-toes was about Alabama.  He said he was there when Tebow called Shula and had tears in his eyes when telling Mikey about his decision.

Everyone...altogether now....AAAAAAWWWWWW....

Point is, man up and make the call.  Like was said earlier, he left AU in total limbo during the dead period with no chance to replace him.  I'll bet the Bama coaches didn't even realize that.  They're probably sorry for the bad timing and sent Coach Chizik and his lovelly family a nice card and fruit cake.
Not really apples and granola; the point certainly makes sense, and I agree. If you're going to change course, then change course and let somebody know about it. Tebow did the right thing. Yeldon did not, IMO. But then again, I'm not him, and maybe he thought telling somebody was going to unleash a shitstorm from all ends that he did not want to have to deal with. I just don't know. I would hope he would give an interview or something in the near future that will clear things up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »
So Yeldon isn't coming to AUburn?!

Unfortunately, that's another defensive end we've lost. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2011, 04:01:19 PM »
Unfortunately, that's another defensive end we've lost.

Fucking bammers! Now we'll never get out DL back up to snuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2011, 04:35:20 PM »

So fucking typical. Your answer is "Why would they want to go to Auburn over Alabama anyway?...

Fuck you dude. You have no idea how fucking arrogant you sound sometimes...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
So fucking typical. Your answer is "Why would they want to go to Auburn over Alabama anyway?...

Fuck you dude. You have no idea how fucking arrogant you sound sometimes...

Cue 4 paragraph response, re-establishing same position and covering same points ad nauseum, in 3...2....1.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »
Cue 4 paragraph response, re-establishing same position and covering same points ad nauseum, in 3...2....1.....

Its obvious the diversion attempt was a complete failure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2011, 05:02:49 PM »
Not only is this bullshit, and reek of dirty pool for obvious reasons, the fact that we just entered the dead period means not only can Auburn not talk to Yeldon, but they can't recruit a potential replacement.

He straight-up fucked us.

Truth.  No arguing it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2011, 06:25:35 PM »
If you really believe that, then go back and read the threads about Cyrus, Calloway, etc  that I posted in.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:04:52 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions