Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The sky is falling...

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: The sky is falling...
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 05:49:17 PM »
5* players are the top 1% relative to their cohorts.  So, they're a small percentage.  In the 2011 NFL draft, however, their were seven 5* players in the first 10 picks, while only 2 were 3*. 

If you look at the NFL draft in that sense, the "star rankings" get it right most of the time.

If you look at only the first 10 picks, yeah, you're right.  And in general, if you're a 5 star, then you have a very high probability of going in the first or second round, whereas you have less of a probability to do so as a two or three star.

But the particular statement that I was directing those stats was that it's "rare" for a three star to be drafted in the first or second round.  Although the five stars often get picked earlier, it's not uncommon to see just as many if not more two or three stars being drafted in the first or second round.

And sure, if you are a two or three star, your chances at being drafted period go way down.  But nonetheless, the point was that it's not uncommon to see as many or more two and three stars being drafted in the first and second rounds as you do four and five stars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 05:53:28 PM »
Really though, what does any of this have to do with LED light bulbs?  I need to know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Vandy Vol

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Really though, what does any of this have to do with LED light bulbs?  I need to know.

You know you dig my LED jacket, hater.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
What do the other members of BearForce1 think of it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 07:17:50 PM »
If you look at only the first 10 picks, yeah, you're right.  And in general, if you're a 5 star, then you have a very high probability of going in the first or second round, whereas you have less of a probability to do so as a two or three star.

But the particular statement that I was directing those stats was that it's "rare" for a three star to be drafted in the first or second round.  Although the five stars often get picked earlier, it's not uncommon to see just as many if not more two or three stars being drafted in the first or second round.

And sure, if you are a two or three star, your chances at being drafted period go way down.  But nonetheless, the point was that it's not uncommon to see as many or more two and three stars being drafted in the first and second rounds as you do four and five stars.

It's not "rare" as it happens every year, but when viewed by percentage, the numbers bear out that the "star rankings" aren't as specious as some think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »
What do the other members of BearForce1 think of it?

They think it's girly, but these guys love it:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 07:58:48 PM »
You know you dig my LED jacket, hater.

I like it, but I bet Garman thinks it's great!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan