Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TJ YELDON TO BAMA

JR4AU

Re: TJ YELDON TO BAMA
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2011, 05:25:15 PM »
What was it Lord Saybinz said a while back?  Something about commitment?...honoring your commitments?...some something or other like that.  I can't recall.

Dawson called in to defend Sabinz on this issue this morning.  He removed Sabinz cock from his mouth long enough to say "when a kid verbally commits, then takes a visit to another school, he's not REALLY committed, so Sabinz is ok on this". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2011, 06:07:42 PM »
I'm SAYING point blank that people around here have turned a blind eye to an assload of shady shit for a long time.  I'm saying for the record that I hope this is finally a declaration of war and that those who know will stop sitting on their hands. 

Fuck this shit.

I think everyone on this site and many others knows some shady shit had been going down for a while but what is that or what has that done?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
Not at all. Im just calling him a pussy for shying away from the shitstorm he would cause by switching to UAT during the process. You know.....changing over right before the dead period, that way no one could bother him about it. That's being a pussy and not facing the music. That shit was calculated. Especially seeing as how he gave Chiz his word and was fully SOLID to us3 days ago. Just fucking bullshit. That shows me a lot about his character.
You guys thought it was funny as shit when Spencer Regions flipped straight up out of the blue. It was hilarious when Cyrus chose UA. Not so much when somebody flips on AU. Same shit happens with our fanbase. It's cool when somebody flips to UA, but not when they choose somebody else. You guys always look at it as there must have been something shady to go on for a guy to switch to UA, but it's never shady at all when somebody flips to AU. No, it was an educated decision and proves AU has the best recruiters in the world.

It's all about how you want to look at it, and which side of the fence you're on. Honestly, I don't give a fuck either way. I haven't seen the first highlight of Yeldon's. Just funny to see the butthurt from both sides when a guy flips from one to another.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2011, 07:33:01 PM »
Bad examples.

This isn't so much about the flip as it is the circumstances surrounding it. 

Spencer Regions?  Well for one, he turned out to be a total dumbass loser.  But before we found that out, it was very early in the recruiting season and the only reason why it got publicity from Auburn fans was because it was literally the first recruit we took from Saban in two years.

Cyrus K was undecided before committing to Auburn.  He committed to Auburn first.  He committed to Auburn on national television.  He was supposed to say, "I want to go to Auburn" and then sign the papers.  He didn't.  Who knows why.  But instead of doing like everyone else, he didn't sign the papers.  Then he flipped to Alabama. 

Brent Calloway - again - flipped early in the recruiting season.  Then he's whisked away to Pensacola when he decides to flip back. 

How is Yeldon different?  Long time Auburn commit.  Long time Auburn fan.  Family is reported to dislike Saban.  Alabama already has a stable of running backs.  Auburn does not.  Auburn - like Alabama - has produced a thousand yard rusher three years straight.  We have the starting position wide open. 

And he flips a few hours before the coaches can no longer call him. 

Completely different from the other three examples.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2011, 07:58:45 PM »
If the rumors of him avoiding confrontation are true, he picked the perfect time to switch before the dead period.  Noone can talk to him about it.  As far as this being a ploy by Chizik I could only hope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »
If the rumors of him avoiding confrontation are true, he picked the perfect time to switch before the dead period.  Noone can talk to him about it.  As far as this being a ploy by Chizik I could only hope.

Chiz (or other coach) can still call him.  I think once a week.  Just on in person visit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2011, 09:13:52 PM »
Bad examples.

Spencer Regions?  Well for one, he turned out to be a total dumbass loser.  But before we found that out, it was very early in the recruiting season and the only reason why it got publicity from Auburn fans was because it was literally the first recruit we took from Saban in two years.

Cyrus K was undecided before committing to Auburn.  He committed to Auburn first.  He committed to Auburn on national television.  He was supposed to say, "I want to go to Auburn" and then sign the papers.  He didn't.  Who knows why.  But instead of doing like everyone else, he didn't sign the papers.  Then he flipped to Alabama. 

Brent Calloway - again - flipped early in the recruiting season.  Then he's whisked away to Pensacola when he decides to flip back. 

How is Yeldon different?  Long time Auburn commit.  Long time Auburn fan.  Family is reported to dislike Saban.  Alabama already has a stable of running backs.  Auburn does not.  Auburn - like Alabama - has produced a thousand yard rusher three years straight.  We have the starting position wide open. 

Thanks for typing that for me so I wont have to. If rws can't see the difference in this and those other examples then he probably should stick to licking goat snatch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2011, 11:06:02 PM »
Thanks for typing that for me so I wont have to. If rws can't see the difference in this and those other examples then he probably should stick to licking goat snatch.

I was gonna say,  it would just be easier to insert a goat fucking pic here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2011, 11:20:36 PM »

Single meaningful element of speech that is in a higher position.  Translation:  word up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2011, 07:39:25 AM »
Chiz (or other coach) can still call him.  I think once a week.  Just on in person visit.

Justin Hokanson put on Twitter that there can be no contact between the Yeldon and the coaches until December 21st and then it's a quiet period where only one phone call can be made. 

I'm not sure on the home visits, but he did say, "It's going to be difficult to get an on-campus visit if the coaches can't get face time with him." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2011, 08:28:21 AM »
Justin Hokanson put on Twitter that there can be no contact between the Yeldon and the coaches until December 21st and then it's a quiet period where only one phone call can be made. 

I'm not sure on the home visits, but he did say, "It's going to be difficult to get an on-campus visit if the coaches can't get face time with him."

I was going by what some crootin' guru said.  I don't know all the details.  But, yeah, I would think he's lost for good.  You can't hard sell over the phone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »
Bad examples.

I was focusing more so on the flip than the situations surrounding the flip. I just think it's amusing how both sides get so bent out of shape over this shit. I could give a shit less if this kid flips back to AU tomorrow. I've just started to care less and less about recruiting. I honestly couldn't tell you one UA or AU commit off the top of my head, other than Yeldon. And I know about Yeldon only because I live 30 minutes away from Daphne.

Anytime a kid flips, no matter to what side, it's always OMG DEM AUBZ/BAMMERS DEY CHEATED!!1! Everybody looks at these situations as the other side did something shady, and there is no way that one of their own coaches could have possibly fucked something up. Nobody looks at it like these are 17 year old kids who don't know their ass from their elbow in the grand scheme of life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2011, 10:22:23 AM »
I was focusing more so on the flip than the situations surrounding the flip. I just think it's amusing how both sides get so bent out of shape over this shit. I could give a shit less if this kid flips back to AU tomorrow. I've just started to care less and less about recruiting. I honestly couldn't tell you one UA or AU commit off the top of my head, other than Yeldon. And I know about Yeldon only because I live 30 minutes away from Daphne.

Anytime a kid flips, no matter to what side, it's always OMG DEM AUBZ/BAMMERS DEY CHEATED!!1! Everybody looks at these situations as the other side did something shady, and there is no way that one of their own coaches could have possibly fucked something up. Nobody looks at it like these are 17 year old kids who don't know their ass from their elbow in the grand scheme of life.

If you had read the entire thread you would have seen that the flipping of a kid doesn't bother us in itself. It was the nature of it and the conditions surrounding it, in this case. The guy LIED to our Head Coach 2 days before he switched. Are you telling me he figured out Bama was the "place for him and his family" in those 48 hours? That's a huge swing in 2 days. Choosing where you go to college is a huge life decision, and not something I personally would do a 180 on in 2 days. And to announce it  just hours before the "dead period" started. Please tell me you don't think this is all kosher.

Something tells me your staff is trying to pull the same bullshit with Winston and FSU.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 10:23:27 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2011, 10:42:13 AM »
If you had read the entire thread you would have seen that the flipping of a kid doesn't bother us in itself. It was the nature of it and the conditions surrounding it, in this case. The guy LIED to our Head Coach 2 days before he switched. Are you telling me he figured out Bama was the "place for him and his family" in those 48 hours? That's a huge swing in 2 days. Choosing where you go to college is a huge life decision, and not something I personally would do a 180 on in 2 days. And to announce it  just hours before the "dead period" started. Please tell me you don't think this is all kosher.

Something tells me your staff is trying to pull the same bullshit with Winston and FSU.
An alternative way of looking at it:

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe AU's staff has been so high pressure, that the kid felt that this was the best way to handle it? No, I don't think he changed his mind in those 48 hours. Yes, I think he lied when he made his comments that he was solid. Yes, I think the whole thing is pretty weird. But like I said, you guys refuse to even consider that maybe AU did something to piss the kid off, or that he knew he wanted to switch before but if he made it public, AU coaches would be blowing his shit up.

This kid could have gone damn near anywhere he wanted. It's not like Alabama had to hold a gun to his head and make him comply with some sort of terms for him to be able to commit. If anything, Yeldon would be naming the conditions of how this was going to happen. Maybe you guys should look on your own side of the fence before you're so quick to jump to conclusions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2011, 10:44:23 AM »

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe AU's staff has been so high pressure, that the kid felt that this was the best way to handle it? No, I don't think he changed his mind in those 48 hours. Yes, I think he lied when he made his comments that he was solid. Yes, I think the whole thing is pretty weird. But like I said, you guys refuse to even consider that maybe AU did something to piss the kid off, or that he knew he wanted to switch before but if he made it public, AU coaches would be blowing his shit up.

This kid could have gone damn near anywhere he wanted. It's not like Alabama had to hold a gun to his head and make him comply with some sort of terms for him to be able to commit. If anything, Yeldon would be naming the conditions of how this was going to happen. Maybe you guys should look on your own side of the fence before you're so quick to jump to conclusions.

You're a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2011, 10:49:19 AM »

You're trying too hard to play devil's advocate instead of putting on some objective glasses.

If the same situation happened to Arkansas and Georgia, I would be saying the same thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2011, 11:15:30 AM »
Nope.  This shit stinks, plain and simple.  Butthurt over losing a recruit?  A little.  It's happened 1000 times before.  But the Kujo, Calloway and now Yeldon situations are just becoming too much to not say there's some underhanded shit going on.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
Nobody looks at it like these are 17 year old kids who don't know their ass from their elbow in the grand scheme of life.

I'd help them find their asses...if they weren't 17.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

RWS

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »
Nope.  This shit stinks, plain and simple.  Butthurt over losing a recruit?  A little.  It's happened 1000 times before.  But the Kujo, Calloway and now Yeldon situations are just becoming too much to not say there's some underhanded shit going on.
Most had conceded both Cyrus and Calloway to Alabama in the first place. Especially Cyrus. Fuck, you guys can have Calloway back at this point. They were heavy leans. While a heavy lean still isn't a commitment, and neither of them said they were solid to one team or the other 48 hours before changing, you get the point. You didn't bat an eye when those guys all of a sudden out of the blue ended up as AU commits. Didn't wonder how that could happen, and you didn't care. Why can't it be AU that is doing something wrong that swayed them in the first place? Why can't it be AU that created the situation? I mean, shit, if Alabama is paying every recruit or giving them cars or whatever, then I don't know how the hell they ever lose a recruit. Same with AU. Certainly AU would turn them in for it. If you guys were paying kids, every 5 star in the country would be lining up to commit. Alabama would turn them in for it. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:28:28 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2011, 12:36:57 PM »
Most had conceded both Cyrus and Calloway to Alabama in the first place. Especially Cyrus. Fuck, you guys can have Calloway back at this point. They were heavy leans. While a heavy lean still isn't a commitment, and neither of them said they were solid to one team or the other 48 hours before changing, you get the point. You didn't bat an eye when those guys all of a sudden out of the blue ended up as AU commits. Didn't wonder how that could happen, and you didn't care. Why can't it be AU that is doing something wrong that swayed them in the first place? Why can't it be AU that created the situation? I mean, shit, if Alabama is paying every recruit or giving them cars or whatever, then I don't know how the hell they ever lose a recruit. Same with AU. Certainly AU would turn them in for it. If you guys were paying kids, every 5 star in the country would be lining up to commit. Alabama would turn them in for it.

Lifelong Auburn fan.

SOLID to Auburn the entire time.

SOLID to Auburn even after Malzahn leaves.

TOLD Coach Chizik that numerous times in the past and on Thursday last week.

Mysteriously switches 48 hours later.

Dead period starts.

NOTHING suspicious about that at all. Quick fucking bringing Cyrus and Calloway into the argument to compare. The timing of the Yeldon switch escapes you for some reason. You are telling me he is SOLID the whole time, tells Chizik that Thursday and then 2 days later has a change of heart hours before the midnight dead period starts? I don't buy it. Either he's a looney tune or he was Bama all along which is dirty as shit to lead Auburn on that way, and makes him a HUGE liar. I've never seen something like this go down in this fashion. Calloway was the closest when he was kidnapped and taken to a Florida hotel in February.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE