Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Okay Gurus...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Okay Gurus...
« on: January 05, 2012, 04:55:19 PM »
When do they start up that recruiting shit again?  How far out are we...one month?  Is it open season on contacting recruits again?  How many more slots do we have?  It's not early anymore...I need info...answers...chubb material.

On a side note.  Did anyone watch the Under Armour QB competition?  Let me give you my armchair QB prediction.  Whoever winds up with Jameis Winston (sp?) and IF he does play foosballz...the rest of the country better watch the frick out.  Just....WOW.  We better up the standard $180K offer to at least $200K.....and some hookers...and blow...or maybe hookers that blow...and blow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Okay Gurus...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »
Quiet period on the 4th-8th
Dead Period on the 9th -12th
Contact Period on the 13th - 28th
Quiet period on the 28th
Dead Period on the 30th - Feb 2nd
NSD on Feb 1st

Quiet Period - Coaches can't visit a recruit or parents in home, only on campus visits.  Can write or phone.
Dead Period - No contact with a recruit or parents in home or on campus.  Can only write or phone.
Contact - Wide open.  Can visit a recruit or parents in home, on campus, or at the high school.

We have 9 slots left. 

Agree with you on Winston, the kid is good, damn good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:16:04 PM »
Quiet period on the 4th-8th
Dead Period on the 9th -12th
Contact Period on the 13th - 28th
Quiet period on the 28th
Dead Period on the 30th - Feb 2nd
NSD on Feb 1st

Quiet Period - Coaches can't visit a recruit or parents in home, only on campus visits.  Can write or phone.
Dead Period - No contact with a recruit or parents in home or on campus.  Can only write or phone.
Contact - Wide open.  Can visit a recruit or parents in home, on campus, or at the high school.

We have 9 slots left. 

Agree with you on Winston, the kid is good, damn good.

This is not chubb-worthy...but good info just the same.  Good to know.  Last night, they had the competition where they run across the moving targets at 20, 30 & 40 yards.  QB has to run to 3 stations and throw 3 balls at each distance.  Winston went last and nailed everyone.  Then you take the last ball and heave it down field.  He took his time, walked over to the crowd, danced and juked, grabbed the ball and flicked it about 27 bwazillion yards.  Winner winner chicken dinner. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 05:30:45 PM »
This is not chubb-worthy...but good info just the same.  Good to know.  Last night, they had the competition where they run across the moving targets at 20, 30 & 40 yards.  QB has to run to 3 stations and throw 3 balls at each distance.  Winston went last and nailed everyone.  Then you take the last ball and heave it down field.  He took his time, walked over to the crowd, danced and juked, grabbed the ball and flicked it about 27 bwazillion yards.  Winner winner chicken dinner.

After the Yeldon flip, I haven't been paying attention to recruiting. 

Winston is going to be awesome.  I wish we could land him, but if he doesn't play MLB, then I think he is bammers to lose.  I know he is committed to FSU, but think he would flip to them. 

I read that Pike had a rough day yesterday but was throwing a good deep ball and progressing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:00:55 PM »
Seeing that LSU and Bammer only have like 5 slots left between them, and we have some nice looking players left with AU on their list, I think we close pretty strong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:04:11 PM »
After the Yeldon flip, I haven't been paying attention to recruiting. 

Winston is going to be awesome.  I wish we could land him, but if he doesn't play MLB, then I think he is bammers to lose.  I know he is committed to FSU, but think he would flip to them. 

I read that Pike had a rough day yesterday but was throwing a good deep ball and progressing.
I think he is 100% FSU. He wants to play baseball and football, and I just don't see that happening at Alabama. Plus Alabama has a shitty baseball team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 01:58:57 AM »
He wants to play baseball and football, and I just don't see that happening at Alabama. Plus Alabama has a shitty baseball team.
Which is exactly what Coach sabbin and the rec is selling him on.

If I was Winston, I'd go to Stanford....or sign a Multi-Million dollar contract to play Baseball, then if that doesn't work out after a few years, pick whichever University then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 10:01:11 AM »
I think he is 100% FSU. He wants to play baseball and football, and I just don't see that happening at Alabama. Plus Alabama has a shitty baseball team.

No one expected Yeldon to flip either, but he did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »

He'll flip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 10:53:53 AM »
He'll flip.

You bet he will.  He was working on Yeldon and admitted as much to a reporter.  Said he was trying to get TJ to flip.  Considering where TJ went I don't think he meant to FSU either.  Kid is a bama lock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 10:57:36 AM »
You bet he will.  He was working on Yeldon and admitted as much to a reporter.  Said he was trying to get TJ to flip.  Considering where TJ went I don't think he meant to FSU either.  Kid is a bama lock.

Yep
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »
Yep

If he flips to bammer that will be a good thing for us and the rest of the SEC.  Black QB at bammer = no playing time as a QB when games still matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 12:00:16 PM »
If he flips to bammer that will be a good thing for us and the rest of the SEC.  Black QB at bammer = no playing time as a QB when games still matter.
Hah, funny but true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »
That kid is a bad ass mofo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 12:53:11 PM »

I heard a crootin' guru saying that fans talk about croots changing their minds, but the fact is that better than 80% of verbal commits honor their first commitment, and the one's that don't usually change because of a coaching change, or NCAA troubles.   So, Yeldon, falls within the first catagory.  However, what's curious is that rare as it is, it's happened with 3 players switching from Auburn to bammer at the last minute.  Yet, no press, no Finebaum crying foul at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »
Yet, no press, no Finebaum crying foul at all.

And it has become expected.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 07:16:11 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 08:49:57 PM »
And it has become expected.

Another shocking development...the kid from LA that committed to bammer last nigh, the one with the mother that didn't like that?  Turns out his girlfriend has been given a scholarship to bammer too.  Per the guys doing the hour show after fartbomb from NO on WJOX today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 09:05:19 PM »
Another shocking development...the kid from LA that committed to bammer last nigh, the one with the mother that didn't like that?  Turns out his girlfriend has been given a scholarship to bammer too.  Per the guys doing the hour show after fartbomb from NO on WJOX today.

Tana Patrick calls bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.