Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TJ YELDON TO BAMA

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: TJ YELDON TO BAMA
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 09:55:58 AM »
What was it Lord Saybinz said a while back?  Something about commitment?...honoring your commitments?...some something or other like that.  I can't recall.

That only includes 4 star and under.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »
Fuck you.

There is more to it than that and you know it.

To switch commitments at the start of the dead period before enrolling in January after telling Chizik that he is solid on Thursday???? Bullshit. Something stinks. As it did with the other 2 5* recruits that "switched" last year..

Yep.  If it was happening the other way around, bammers would be screaming for an NCAA investigation. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 10:02:07 AM »
Let's look at both sides of the coin here.

Bama has ran basically the same offense since lord saybinz arrived.  That offense has produced one Heisman RB, and another RB that was a Heisman finalist.  They are going to pound the football in every game they play.  The depth chart?  Sure it is stacked with talent, but there are those that aren't scared of a challenge and fully believe that they can win their own playing time.

Auburn doesn't have an OC, and every name you hear thrown out seems to be from a pass happy background.  AU's best offensive weapon wasn't given the chance to shine this year for whatever reason.

Hell I could've swayed Yeldon to bama.  The longer we go without an OC and DC announcement, the more big recruits we lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »
I agree for the most part. 

Maybe I haven't read enough about Yeldon, but from I have read, he wasn't coming to Auburn specifically for the offense.  He's an Auburn guy and a big fan of Gene Chizik.  His family despised Saban and didn't want him going to Alabama.  Yeldon repeatedly (and as recently as four days ago) reaffirmed his strong commitment to Auburn.  He claimed to have reassured Chizik that he had nothing to worry about.  JHoke consistently stated over the last few months that Yeldon was the least recruit to worry about because the guy loved Auburn.

And then bam.  A few hours before the dead period, he's gone. 

If this had been a five star recruit leaning towards Auburn but still checking out other schools, I'd just feel a bit let down about losing a recruit.  But this guy was supposed to be an anchor for this recruiting class and he was swiped away by what? 

By the fact that Alabama has a stable of running backs that get to run the ball every play?  I mean, I get the allure, but is that new information? 

And does anyone really think we're going to go to a pass happy offense? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 10:18:46 AM »
Let's look at both sides of the coin here.

Bama has ran basically the same offense since lord saybinz arrived.  That offense has produced one Heisman RB, and another RB that was a Heisman finalist.  They are going to pound the football in every game they play.  The depth chart?  Sure it is stacked with talent, but there are those that aren't scared of a challenge and fully believe that they can win their own playing time.

Auburn doesn't have an OC, and every name you hear thrown out seems to be from a pass happy background.  AU's best offensive weapon wasn't given the chance to shine this year for whatever reason.

Hell I could've swayed Yeldon to bama.  The longer we go without an OC and DC announcement, the more big recruits we lose.

Let's say it was just that...

Why do you notify the coaches by a statement from your high school coach?

Why do you do this on the day that the coaches are no longer allowed to call you?

If you have such respect for Auburn and the coaches, why leave them at the very last minute?

Bullshit on the excuses. This shit stinks. Just like the last 2 5* recruits...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 10:35:48 AM »

Why do you do this on the day that the coaches are no longer allowed to call you?

If you have such respect for Auburn and the coaches, why leave them at the very last minute?

THIS guy ^^^ gets it.

Dude basically lied to a guy he claimed he had utmost respect for, 2 days before he decommits? You are telling me he was SO SOLID on Thursday but then Sunday something had changed? BS. He didn't know Bama was "the best fit for him" until the last minute? What the fuck ever. This is fishy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 10:36:36 AM »
Add to that, AU has had a 1000+ yard rusher the last 3 seasons with a guy who everyone perceives to run a wide open, spread offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 10:37:46 AM »
THIS guy ^^^ gets it.

Dude basically lied to a guy he claimed he had utmost respect for, 2 days before he decommits? You are telling me he was SO SOLID on Thursday but then Sunday something had changed? BS. He didn't know Bama was "the best fit for him" until the last minute? What the fuck ever. This is fishy.

The thing is...he never decommitted. It went from 100% Auburn to 100% Alabama in one morning??? Bull. Fucking. Shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2011, 10:39:44 AM »
Add to that, AU has had a 1000+ yard rusher the last 3 seasons with a guy who everyone perceives to run a wide open, spread offense.

Before Dyer got in all of his mess, he was considered to be a Top 10 Heisman watch player for next year. Yeah, Auburn def does nothing with running backs. Tailback U....Pfffffftttt!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2011, 10:44:26 AM »
I have to agree with the fact this is smelling of the fish stank but I'm numb to this. If there is a way for my voice to be heard in making a difference then I'm down, other than that last years Callaway and Kujo shit has made me care a lot less.

There is some serious consideration to be taken in a young mans character if he does something like this. I can't help but think some "negotiations" went on to get the switch but even more than that this kid lied and now is hiding behind NCAA rules. He is a pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »
The thing is...he never decommitted. It went from 100% Auburn to 100% Alabama in one morning??? Bull. Fucking. Shit.
You're right. He was never neutral. Which makes it even worse.

Only thing we can hope for is that he is pulling some double cross bullshit on Bama. Longshot indeed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 11:02:24 AM »
Only thing we can hope for is that he is pulling some double cross bullshit on Bama. Longshot indeed.

That actually crossed my mind too but like you, I doubt it. I don't think our coaches are down for playing games like that. This is an 17/18 yr old kid that has made a decision and doesn't want to stand up for it. One would have to be naive to think Saban didn't have his greasy little hand in the middle of this though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »

From what I heard about the kid, he was coming for Malzahn's offense, and he didn't enjoy the recruiting process.  Not everybody likes to have to tell someone no.  The kid is a bit afraid of confrontation I guess, and he did this at this time so Chizik wouldn't be bothering him for a while.  He didn't want to be put under pressure. 

I still think that the rash of these sudden changes is a "where there's smoke, there's fire" kind of deal.  I know for a fact if 5 star croots were changing last minute from bammer to Auburn, we'd be hearing just that and looking for a bag man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »
From what I heard about the kid, he was coming for Malzahn's offense, and he didn't enjoy the recruiting process.  Not everybody likes to have to tell someone no.  The kid is a bit afraid of confrontation I guess, and he did this at this time so Chizik wouldn't be bothering him for a while.  He didn't want to be put under pressure. 

I still think that the rash of these sudden changes is a "where there's smoke, there's fire" kind of deal.  I know for a fact if 5 star croots were changing last minute from bammer to Auburn, we'd be hearing just that and looking for a bag man.

Well then, aint he just a big pussy?

Yep - Uncle Miltie, Slot machines, Lowder, bags of cash - the whole works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 11:33:42 AM »
Well then, aint he just a big pussy?

Yep - Uncle Miltie, Slot machines, Lowder, bags of cash - the whole works.

You headed towards the "we didn't want him anyway" routine?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »
The switches at the last minute usually don't bother me, but this has left me speechless.  I watched the Alabama V Miss Allstar game and I was licking my chops.  I even got my wife excited about him coming.  His team mate that is going to UAT probably had a lot of sway in his decision. My only hope is that Corey Grant ends up being the stud that we stole away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 11:54:20 AM »
You headed towards the "we didn't want him anyway" routine?

I know I'm not.  I wanted this kid bad and with Dyer's status in total limbo, I reeeeaaally wanted him.  This is just complete BS.  The article I read this morning said nothing about coordinators or problems at AU....just suddenly, Bama is "the right place for me and my family."  He didn't switch to Bama in 24-48 hours.  He was telling our coaches and anyone who would listen just last week that he was enrolling in January at AU.  That makes him part of a "punking" of AU in my book.  Choke on a dick and die, bitch.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 12:02:21 PM »
The switches at the last minute usually don't bother me, but this has left me speechless.  I watched the Alabama V Miss Allstar game and I was licking my chops.  I even got my wife excited about him coming.  His team mate that is going to UAT probably had a lot of sway in his decision. My only hope is that Corey Grant ends up being the stud that we stole away.

I'm thinking the Blakely kid might be better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 12:27:36 PM »

HS coach is the culprit here. 

Pathetic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »
HS coach is the culprit here. 

Pathetic.

So, he's following in Steve Savarese's footsteps?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.