Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business..."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: "Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business..."
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2011, 11:06:39 AM »
RWS, in 2006 Everbody on the face of the planet, well at least all the ones screaming for a rematch now (see same fucking idiots thread) believed with all their hearts that tOSU and Meechigan were head and shoulders above the rest of the country.

In 2004 they all believed OU was the deserving opponent for USC. 

Just because the CFB world group think believes it, doesn't make it true.  AND we have evidence, hard evidence that Bammer aint up to snuff with LSU.
It doesn't matter. The BCS puts the two top teams in the championship game. There is no rule that says you can't have a rematch of a regular season game. Having a playoff system would more so almost guarantee such rematches somewhere along the line, for that matter, yet some people say we need a playoff. But oh, we can't have rematches. How the fuck would that work? According to your thinking, that would fuck it up more.

Nobody is ranking Alabama #1. LSU is the unanimous #1. With it's only loss to #1 LSU, Alabama can most certainly be the second best. The two best teams play in the championship game, whether they played a regular season game or not. It isn't like this is the first time. 

From OSU's coach even:
"Alabama lost to what would be the No. 1 team in the country and Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State, so in our situation, if I was doing it fair, I don't know how I could put us in front of them right now," Gundy said.

Following the theory you and Kaos have, then we need to get rid of rankings period. We don't know how ISU would fare against LSU, so why can't they have a shot? They beat a #2 team. Kansas State hasn't played Southern Miss, so how can Kasas State be ranked higher? How do you KNOW that Southern Miss isn't better? How do you KNOW that South Carolina is better than Wisconsin? How do you KNOW that Oklahoma is better than TCU? You're basically picking out the parts you don't like, modifying some parts, then making up some parts of the BCS selection process to create a cookie cutter situation so you can affect the outcome of 1 team's placement in the rankings. Makes no sense for the rest of the system? Doesn't matter. By God, Bama cannot be allowed to play.

The system is what it is, and it's the same system everybody else in FBS plays in. It's all we have to go by. It's the same system that created the matchups that you speak of. Of course, just because the college football world thinks it doesn't make it true. Anything can happen, as exhibited by the current situation we're in. However, it's what we have to work with. This is the system everybody has to go by.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2011, 11:12:47 AM »
It doesn't matter. The BCS puts the two top teams in the championship game. There is no rule that says you can't have a rematch of a regular season game. Having a playoff system would more so almost guarantee such rematches somewhere along the line, for that matter, yet some people say we need a playoff. But oh, we can't have rematches. How the fuck would that work? According to your thinking, that would fuck it up more.

Nobody is ranking Alabama #1. LSU is the unanimous #1. With it's only loss to #1 LSU, Alabama can most certainly be the second best. The two best teams play in the championship game, whether they played a regular season game or not. It isn't like this is the first time. 

From OSU's coach even:
Following the theory you and Kaos have, then we need to get rid of rankings period. We don't know how ISU would fare against LSU, so why can't they have a shot? They beat a #2 team. Kansas State hasn't played Southern Miss, so how can Kasas State be ranked higher? How do you KNOW that Southern Miss isn't better? How do you KNOW that South Carolina is better than Wisconsin? How do you KNOW that Oklahoma is better than TCU? You're basically picking out the parts you don't like, modifying some parts, then making up some parts of the BCS selection process to create a cookie cutter situation so you can affect the outcome of 1 team's placement in the rankings. Makes no sense for the rest of the system? Doesn't matter. By God, Bama cannot be allowed to play.

The system is what it is, and it's the same system everybody else in FBS plays in. It's all we have to go by. It's the same system that created the matchups that you speak of. Of course, just because the college football world thinks it doesn't make it true. Anything can happen, as exhibited by the current situation we're in. However, it's what we have to work with. This is the system everybody has to go by.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 11:14:44 AM »

From OSU's coach even:

You fucking blabbermouth dumbass. 

The only point is that we KNOW what Bama did against LSU on its home field.  It fucking LOST.  Anything else to that argument is extraneous.   We know what happened there.  That's proven.  The rest of your babbling shit is fucking worthless. 

Go fuck a goat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2011, 11:28:55 AM »

The only point is that we KNOW what Bama did against LSU on its home field.  It fucking LOST.  Anything else to that argument is extraneous.   We know what happened there.  That's proven.  The rest of your babbling shit is fucking worthless. 

Go fuck a goat.
So, let's give ISU a chance at LSU. Why not? They haven't already played this season, and they beat OSU, the team you want LSU to play. We have hard evidence that ISU is better than OSU. Plain as day. I mean, if you're going to throw the system out the window, throw it out the window.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:29:37 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2011, 11:30:58 AM »
So, let's give ISU a chance at LSU. Why not? They haven't already played this season, and they beat OSU, the team you want LSU to play. We have hard evidence that ISU is better than OSU. Plain as day. I mean, if you're going to throw the system out the window, throw it out the window.

They would smoke LSU. 
Chizik's players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »

Go fuck a goat.

To play a little devil's advocate, why does Alabama losing to LSU automatically NOT make them the #2 in the country? Losing to LSU and being the #2 team in the country aren't mutually exclusive. If LSU is indeed the #1 team in the country, logically wouldn't the #2 team lose to them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »
To play a little devil's advocate, why does Alabama losing to LSU automatically NOT make them the #2 in the country? Losing to LSU and being the #2 team in the country aren't mutually exclusive. If LSU is indeed the #1 team in the country, logically wouldn't the #2 team lose to them?
This has been part of my point all along. Nobody is voting Alabama #1. LSU is undisputed. Alabama lost to them. Which means Alabama can still be the second best team in the country, as determined by the system. That system puts the best two teams, as determined by it, in the championship game. That system has no rule about rematches.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:35:23 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2011, 11:46:41 AM »
Don't really care, but this is a fail argument.  ISU obviously would not play they are 6-5.

You really shouldn't be arguing about this RWS, it is all subjective. Is bammer the #2 team in the country? Is OKSU? Not sure they both have 1 loss, does it matter who it was to? You say it does, I say OKSU had a bad game with a lot going on surrounding them.  Does that mean they deserve to play anymore than bama? Don't know.  See all subjective.

What Kaos is saying is not subjective, bama lost to LSU.  Your argument is that well bama is ranked number #2 its not like they should be #1.  Bottom line there is controversy surrounding the rematch.  You don't want controversy, y'all should have won the game.  You really have no argument.

Add to the fact that your loss was at home and OKSU was on the road? does that change things? Don't know.  We will never know.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:49:40 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2011, 11:48:14 AM »
This has been part of my point all along. Nobody is voting Alabama #1. LSU is undisputed. Alabama lost to them. Which means Alabama can still be the second best team in the country, as determined by the system. That system puts the best two teams, as determined by it, in the championship game. That system has no rule about rematches.

Don't confuse my stance with me wanting you there. I, in no way, want your asses in that game. I don't like rematches. I don't like that you get to sit home this Saturday while LSU has to earn it by beating a hot UGA team.

BUT....if we are throwing out all the "in season fake bracket, round robins" that people have invented, throwing out the non existing conf title rules that people have invented, throwing out the non existing rematch clause that has appeared from nowhere - if you take away all of that, look behind the hype and smoke and mirrors, and look objectively at who the 2 BEST TEAMS are in the country, that is how I am coming up with LSU and BAMA. No one behind Bama, IMHO, would come within a TD of LSU.  Oregon was/is a top 5-7 team and LSU obliterated them with ease. That was without Jefferson and in the 1st game of the year.

Arkansas was the #3 team in the country (or next in line using the logic of why Bama should not be #2 in this thread), and LSU could have hung 60 on them had they wanted to. At the time, Arky was "NEXT IN LINE", just like VT, OSU and Stanford are now. Sure, its conjecture to think those 3 aren't with a TD of LSU, but so is saying that those 3 are a better FB team than Bama. I look at Bama and LSU as 1a and 1b at this point. That game could have went either way. If Bama had half a kicker, it would have. That game was THAT close. 

Frankly, I hope Bama gets dissed and OSU makes it and gets throttled by LSU. That way Bama gets left out AND it proves my point. Win win. I really think if anyone but Bama plays LSU, it is USC/OU 2004 all over again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »
Don't really care, but this is a fail argument.  ISU obviously would not play they are 6-5.

You really shouldn't be arguing about this RWS, it is all subjective. Is bammer the #2 team in the country? Is OKSU? Not sure they both have 1 loss, does it matter who it was to? You say it does, I say OKSU had a bad game with a lot going on surrounding them.  Does that mean they deserve to play anymore than bama? Don't know.  See all subjective.

What Kaos is saying is not subjective, bama lost to LSU.  Your argument is that well bama is ranked number #2 its not like they should be #1.  Bottom line there is controversy surrounding the rematch.  You don't want controversy, y'all should have won the game.  You really have no argument.

My argument is: When #2 loses to #1, then someone else should be #2 and see if they knock the king off the mountain since the first#2 was unable to, and at home no less. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2011, 11:50:45 AM »

Add to the fact that your loss was at home and OKSU was on the road? does that change things? Don't know.  We will never know.

And what I am saying is, why does losing to LSU automatically not qualify you to be #2? If LSU is #1, they would beat the #2 team, no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2011, 11:53:41 AM »
And what I am saying is, why does losing to LSU automatically not qualify you to be #2? If LSU is #1, they would beat the #2 team, no?

It qualifies you to have already had your shot, and failed as well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2011, 11:54:49 AM »
Yes but that is only because they played each other.  OKSU did not get a chance to play LSU to see how they would have fared.  If both teams have one loss how can you honestly say that one team is better than the other if they haven't played.  We know that LSU is better than bama, they played the game...LSU won.  So why replay it?  Why not just give LSU the trophy? If bama beats LSU does that make them better? Nope puts the series at 1-1 so then do they deserve to call themselves champs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
Why shouldn't Alabama play?

Because I don't care about the BCS.  I want to see a playoff and failing that  I want to see common sense and fairness. 

If LSU and Alabama play again and Alabama wins then they become national champions.  So we are saying that the LSU loss in the Superdome counts more than the Alabama loss in Tuscaloosa?  If they play again and LSU wins what have we proven? That LSU can beat a team that they have already beaten once.  Where is the fairness and common sense in either of those scenarios?  Same thing if Oregon was the one that might be playing against LSU.

Now if LSU plays Okie State or Va Tech and they beat the pants off of them, so what?  At least we got to see someone new in there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2011, 11:56:39 AM »
My argument is: When #2 loses to #1, then someone else should be #2 and see if they knock the king off the mountain since the first#2 was unable to, and at home no less.
Ummm yeah, in a tournament. Or a bracket.

Just because someone couldn't knock the king off the mountain doesn't mean they AREN'T still the best contendor out there. You guys have made this a round robin. All the teams that you want to prop up there as the #1 contendor ALSO have 1 loss. And probably have less chance to knock the king off, than the first guy who tried.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2011, 11:56:52 AM »
do they deserve to call themselves champs?

Apparently, they already are....they're gooder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »

AWESOME!!

Auburn is number two!  We lost to Alabama, too.  That makes us automatically #2. 

Suck on THAT bitches. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »
Don't confuse my stance with me wanting you there. I, in no way, want your asses in that game. I don't like rematches. I don't like that you get to sit home this Saturday while LSU has to earn it by beating a hot UGA team.

BUT....if we are throwing out all the "in season fake bracket, round robins" that people have invented, throwing out the non existing conf title rules that people have invented, throwing out the non existing rematch clause that has appeared from nowhere - if you take away all of that, look behind the hype and smoke and mirrors, and look objectively at who the 2 BEST TEAMS are in the country, that is how I am coming up with LSU and BAMA. No one behind Bama, IMHO, would come within a TD of LSU.  Oregon was/is a top 5-7 team and LSU obliterated them with ease. That was without Jefferson and in the 1st game of the year.

Arkansas was the #3 team in the country (or next in line using the logic of why Bama should not be #2 in this thread), and LSU could have hung 60 on them had they wanted to. At the time, Arky was "NEXT IN LINE", just like VT, OSU and Stanford are now. Sure, its conjecture to think those 3 aren't with a TD of LSU, but so is saying that those 3 are a better FB team than Bama. I look at Bama and LSU as 1a and 1b at this point. That game could have went either way. If Bama had half a kicker, it would have. That game was THAT close. 

Frankly, I hope Bama gets dissed and OSU makes it and gets throttled by LSU. That way Bama gets left out AND it proves my point. Win win. I really think if anyone but Bama plays LSU, it is USC/OU 2004 all over again.
Again this is a subjective argument...in your mind you think they are better, but they have not played one another so how do you know?  We know un-subjectively (word?) that LSU is better than bama they beat them on the field.  So again why have a rematch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2011, 12:00:10 PM »
Godfather's point about it being subjective is spot on.  Good Gawd I want a playoff.  Settle this shit on the field.

Do I personally think LSU and Bama are the two best teams?  Yes.  But my opinion means exactly squat.  In 04', we argued that Auburn's SOS was far superior to that of USC or OU's.  It was.  Didn't matter.  The talking heads wanted the money game from day 1 and the results were pathetic.  To use a Bama reference...in 92' there was no reason to play the game in Newawlins.  The U was a double digit favorite..had dey swagga' on and it was only a matter of naming the score.  The U got bitch slapped by the greatest defense since the 2011 Tahd.

Settle this shit on the field

Oh, and for any of those coaches/administrators who argue about how extending the season for a playoff would be too much of a burden, blah, blah, blah....Texas High Schools just finished the 3rd week of playoffs.  To win it all....you have to win 6 games.  Yep, 10 week season and 6 playoff games.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2011, 12:01:57 PM »
My Bacon Lettuce & .....iPod?  Iraq?  Iran?  Itching powder?

i'm  full of fail, lately. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions