Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business..."

jmar

Re: "Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business..."
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 09:39:38 PM »
I think Alabama is the best team to oppose LSU in the BCSCG based upon the failure of all others. My team grew game by game into an unbeatable force last season and this season has just been flawed. I look forward to seeing the two most talented teams match up again because I want to see the best possible game. I realize Auburn could never get a mulligan like this from the haters, we all know it. And in a twisted sort of way this plays to some degree as to why I am a lifelong Auburn fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 10:14:37 PM »
Who do you think is #2?
That's the big question. I may be the only barner on here who agrees with token.

Don't confuse that with me wanting a rematch. Because I do not. But if you ask objectively who the best two teams in the country are, I would answer bama and lsu.

How anyone can think Osu is more deserving is beyond me. They lost to Iowa fuckin state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »
How anyone can think Osu is more deserving is beyond me. They lost to Iowa fuckin state.
They considered rescheduling that game due to the airplane crash the day before - a bit distracted that week
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2011, 10:53:27 PM »
Any one loss team that didn't already lose to LSU.

Cookie.  You get one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2011, 10:55:14 PM »
So, Alabama's loss to LSU is less than OSU's loss to ISU? ? Stanford's loss to Oregon? Va Tech's loss to Clemson? Last I checked, LSU was #1. For those screaming about this is why we need a playoff (not that I'm opposed to it), in a playoff scenario, would Alabama not play LSU again at some point anyway? If the two best teams in the nation happened to have played during the regular season, but they're still the two best teams in the nation at the end of the season, then what's your point? The purpose of the BCS is for the two best teams in the nation as determined by the BCS standings to play.

Blah, blah, blah.  Bleat, bleat, bleat.

STUPID fucking argument. 

We already KNOW LSU can beat Alabama.  The rest is irrelevant.  We don't KNOW how they'd fare against the rest.   It's not a matter of being "less" you fucking goat fucking doughnut dumpster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2011, 10:56:59 PM »
Cookie.  You get one.
What if Osu loses to OU?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2011, 10:57:51 PM »
What if Osu loses to OU?

If that happens then Houston.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2011, 11:01:16 PM »
If that happens then Houston.
Regardless of conference talk, rematch, it being our hated rival....do you really think houston is the 2nd best team in the country? Honestly?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2011, 11:05:22 PM »
Regardless of conference talk, rematch, it being our hated rival....do you really think houston is the 2nd best team in the country? Honestly?

I couldn't say.  Haven't seen them play LSU yet.  So I'd have to rank them ahead of a team that already has and failed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2011, 11:26:22 PM »
So here is a realistic question and the problem I have with a rematch.  If bama wins they win the BCS title, even though the series is now tied 1-1, something doesn't seem right about that. Whatever though.
AND LSU will be SEC Champions and Bama will not have won their division.
AND LSU will be 13-1 and Bama will be 12-1
AND as a "reward" for winning...
  THE GREATEST GAME EVER TO BE PLAYED  ...they have to beat Bama twice to be national champions. Bama just has to be 1-1 against LSU.
AND LSU will have won in Alabama's house, while the "ok for real this time" game will be on a "neutral site".
AND LSU will have done all of this with a substantially stronger Strength of Schedule.

But Bama will be National Champions and LSU will be outsiders looking in.

How anyone can think that's fair or rational is seriously beyond me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2011, 11:27:12 PM »
Blah, blah, blah.  Bleat, bleat, bleat.

STUPID fucking argument. 

We already KNOW LSU can beat Alabama.  The rest is irrelevant.  We don't KNOW how they'd fare against the rest.   It's not a matter of being "less" you fucking goat fucking doughnut dumpster.
The purpose of the BCS system is to put the two best teams, as determined by the BCS system, in the championship game. Make up whatever rule or stipulation that doesn't exist that you like. The fact that LSU beat Alabama doesn't change the fact that, with that said, Alabama can STILL be the second best team in the country at the end of the season. That's what this situation comes down to. It just so happens that the only team Alabama lost to is the only team that is better than them. If we were talking about who should be #1, LSU obviously would, and has won that argument. The BCS isn't trying to rank Alabama #1. There is no stipulation saying that if a team loses to another team during the regular season, that those teams cannot play again in the NCG. Even if we had a playoff system, these two teams could (probably would) meet somewhere in the bracketology at some point, as would be the case with numerous other teams that played each other during the regular season. 

If LSU loses to UGA and only slides to #2, how angry are you going to be? You won't give a shit. All it boils down to is that you do not want to see Alabama play in the NCG. The fact that you would rather see Houston in it before Bama is a great example of that.

LSU beat Alabama. That does not mean Alabama can't be the second best in the country. I don't understand why that is so difficult.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:05:43 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2011, 11:32:07 PM »
If you can get past conference titles and rematches (which you should because those stipulations aren't in the rules), Alabama has the strongest statement to be the #2 team.
If you can get past the assassination, Lincoln enjoyed the play.

If you can get past the sex (vaginal, anal, oral or otherwise), Jenna Jameson is a virgin.

If you can get past the multiple child rapes, Jerry Sandusky would make a great babysitter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2011, 11:37:14 PM »
At least I'm not snapping pictures of men's junk.

i think snaggle's BLI just got called out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2011, 11:41:03 PM »
How anyone can think that's fair or rational is seriously beyond me.
How fair would it be if AU were in Alabama's shoes in this situation? Pretty fucking fair, I bet. Kaos most certainly wouldn't be campaigning for a Houston team that hasn't played a ranked team all season.

It's the same thing with all fanbases, everywhere else. Same goes with a bad call. It's cool as long as it benefits your team. Not so much when it doesn't, or it benefits a rival.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 02:42:55 AM »
"If you can't win your confrence you shouldn't be able to play in the BCS championship."  -Jumbo 2011
You complete me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2011, 06:45:53 AM »
If you can't win your conference you shouldn't be able to play in the BCS championship.

I edited and stole this. It has bumper sticker potential in orange and blue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2011, 09:36:26 AM »
So, Alabama's loss to LSU is less than OSU's loss to ISU? ? Stanford's loss to Oregon? Va Tech's loss to Clemson? Last I checked, LSU was #1. For those screaming about this is why we need a playoff (not that I'm opposed to it), in a playoff scenario, would Alabama not play LSU again at some point anyway? If the two best teams in the nation happened to have played during the regular season, but they're still the two best teams in the nation at the end of the season, then what's your point? The purpose of the BCS is for the two best teams in the nation as determined by the BCS standings to play.

Any one loss OR undefeated D1 team THAT HASN'T ALREADY PROVED THEY'RE NOT UP TO THE TASK OF BEATING LSU!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SECOND CHANCES!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:39:32 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2011, 09:43:35 AM »
RWS, in 2006 Everbody on the face of the planet, well at least all the ones screaming for a rematch now (see same fucking idiots thread) believed with all their hearts that tOSU and Meechigan were head and shoulders above the rest of the country.

In 2004 they all believed OU was the deserving opponent for USC. 

Just because the CFB world group think believes it, doesn't make it true.  AND we have evidence, hard evidence that Bammer aint up to snuff with LSU. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2011, 09:44:58 AM »
i think snaggle's BLI just got called out.

My Bacon Lettuce & .....iPod?  Iraq?  Iran?  Itching powder?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2011, 09:47:36 AM »
My Bacon Lettuce & .....iPod?  Iraq?  Iran?  Itching powder?

Yea not sure he caught the nekid Sandusky locker room filming reference I made at him on Saturday
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."