Let's talk some reality. 

If we're going to have any chance of winning, we need two of these to happen:

- Pick 6 for Auburn
- Kickoff return for a touchdown
- Trent Richardson injury in the first half
- Two sack fumbles recovered for Auburn
- One punt block in Alabama territory
- One Alabama muffed punt recovered by Auburn

I halfway jokingly made this list.  I listed those "keys" because I thought they were surely enough to swing momentum our way and stifle Alabama.  Surely enough to put our offense in motion and cause more mistakes by McCarron. 

We got a sack fumble for a touchdown and a kickoff return for a touchdown. 

And still got blown out 42-14.  Blown the fuck out at home after scoring on defense and special teams.

- "It's like a tornado ran through y'all today." - Random old man Alabama fan at Full Moon BBQ a few minutes ago. 

And you wonder why we have to beat these assholes. 

From my Facebook:  "Barners live to play on the same field as Alabama.  Alabama plays only to win championships!  Roll Tide!" 

It's because when we do lose, it's a constant barrage of elephant shit smashed in our faces when we least expect it.  It's because they're willing to use a horrific tragedy that struck Tuscaloosa to swing it back towards us. 

A tornado tore up Tuscaloosa.  But not anymore.  Now the tornado hit Auburn. 

- The butthurt is strong with me right now, but I have some legitimate reasons.

YahooForde Pat Forde
Trooper Taylor, Auburn's mascot/WR coach, was just yapping at Bama CB Dre Kirkpatrick. Kirckpatrick motioned Taylor to come onto the field.

- When we're winning?  I'm a homer and am going to defend Auburn to the max.  When we're losing?  This shit has to be addressed.

- I didn't see it, but apparently, a few media guys did.  I'm sure someone caught it on video.  If Trooper was really talking shit to an opposing player, he needs to be dealt with.  Not fired.  But I hope Chizik takes care of it because no college football coach who is making hundreds of thousands of dollars should be yapping at a college kid who is supposed to be playing for free. 

Same Ole Story...

- Want to know the truth?  If Zeke Pike doesn't come in and light the world on fire?  We suck again next year. 

- Maybe Frazier can grow as a player or maybe we can develop a run-only package for the offense.  But Moseley/Trotter are so bad, they can't even be managers.  They can't play in this league.  They shouldn't play another down. 

- We have a month until the bowl game.  Frazier should get every rep at QB just to see if he can do it.  Let's do an all out scrimmage and see if Frazier can handle an SEC defense at full speed.

- Whoa, THS.  He won't face an SEC defense until next September.  Because it's complete blasphemy to call this defense that we have right now an SEC defense. 

Gus Malzahn...

- He can go now.  I saw enough of the Mickey Mouse bullshit.  We power it forward to convert a 4th down against one of the stoutest defenses in the last decade and then we lose 15 yards after whatever the fuck you want to call it.

- Don't get me wrong.  Malzahn is really interesting and can do some amazing things on offense.  But how many times over the last three years have we seen him outthink himself or get too cute and lose big yards?  How many times has that happened at crucial points in the game?  How many times has Gus hampered our ability to win after calling a reverse pass or triple read option or whatever you want to call some of his plays?

- I'm sure once we get a quarterback and a better offensive line, he'll be back to dominating the statistics.  But Jesus I can't handle the Wiley Coyote ideas anymore. 

What It All Boils Down To...

- Moseley is a division II quarterback.  As is Trotter.  They aren't SEC athletes.  They don't know what they're doing.  They can't handle it at all.  One of them should lose his scholarship and transfer and the other should be the scout team quarterback. 

- The offensive line was bad too, but I thought they did okay considering what they were facing.  They gave Moseley the chance to make a few plays in the 3rd quarter, but Moseley threw it straight to Dre Kirkpatrick and then straight to Demarcus Milliner. 

Final Thought...

- We go 8-5 if we win the bowl game, and most people will say we did okay.  Youth.  Inexperience.  Need a better quarterback.  Injuries hurt us.  We faced five really good football teams and four of them were away.  There are plenty of viable excuses, but they fail. 

- This is Chizik's third year into his contract, and getting blown out like this is unacceptable.  And yes, the Utah State, Miss State, and Samford games should also be taken into account. 

- I think Chizik can turn it around.  I think he knows how to motivate, recruit, and hire.  I just hope he has the guts to do what needs to be done concerning players and coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: Thoughts - Iron Bowl Week
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 08:34:10 PM »
Oh and guess what? 

Trent Richardson had 203 yards rushing.  Dude is going to win the Heisman because of Auburn. At least in 2009, Mark Ingram won the Heisman in spite of how he performed against Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 08:54:58 PM »
Positive: we didn't quit.

My $.02 this loss is on Gus. I don't know what the fuck that gameplan was. I do not pretend to be an coach, but I think I could have come up with a better gameplan than that game. There is NO reason that you can give me that explains why our best player had 3 carries going into halftime. There were so many wasted series in that game.  It was truly frustrating. I don't know if we would have won that game, however I do think we could have hung into the 4th and made it a game with a decent gameplan.

No.

Roof needs to go, but I applaud his efforts in this game. This one was on Gus.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »
If Mosley takes one snap in the bowl game, this coaching staff is dead to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 09:10:06 PM »

My $.02 this loss is on Gus. I don't know what the fuck that gameplan was. I do not pretend to be an coach, but I think I could have come up with a better gameplan than that game. There is NO reason that you can give me that explains why our best player had 3 carries going into halftime. There were so many wasted series in that game.  It was truly frustrating. I don't know if we would have won that game, however I do think we could have hung into the 4th and made it a game with a decent gameplan.

No.

100% agree. I was just hoping for a chance going in to the fourth quarter and we had it. The fourth down call with Dyer at Waldcat was HORRIBLE followed up with the 3 fucking stupid passes inside the 10 yard line to seal the W for Alabama. Auburn actually had a shot today...because of fucking miracles...and Gus blew it. Completely.

Fuck...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 10:16:33 PM »
Trent Richardson had 203 yards rushing.

I don't think he will, but to be honest, it was damn impressive what he did with how much AU was committing to stopping him.

I also really enjoyed watching Fowler on that last TD. He is a load!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 10:23:12 PM »

I don't think he will, but to be honest, it was damn impressive what he did with how much AU was committing to stopping him.

I also really enjoyed watching Fowler on that last TD. He is a load!

Why wouldn't he? 

203 yards?  Some of the highlights from the game were ridiculous.  Gary and Verne made sure to point out that Trent was "dragging oh my gosh can you believe it 10 defenders down field."   

I was just watching Luck vs. Notre Dame.  Don't get me wrong.  He's amazing.  He's a hell of a quarterback.  But the Heisman is always won by a highlight player from a national championship contender.  Not many highlights by Luck.  Just solid play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 10:23:58 PM »
Let me start by saying that I spent the day in the woods hunting and listened to the game on the radio because I knew we didn't have a chance in this game.  Now, I am sick of reading the bullshit on this board about our coaching staff and team.  Yes we sucked, did you really expect anything different after losing your entire offensive line, the best offensive and defensive players in college football last year, and playing as many freshman and sophomore players as we have?

To be honest a lot of you are like fucking Bammers.  We just won a National Fucking Championship.  Yes it was a bad year. No we don't have a quarterback, we don't have an offensive line and we don't have a defense.  Yes Roof must go.  Our defense has been pathetic for 2 of the last 3 years.  Are defense was only acceptable last year because of two or three players.  Our defensive backs have not been taught how to tackle or look for a fucking ball in the air.  Our linebackers are small.  Our defensive line is small and can't get pressure on a six year old girl.  Our front seven is also young, I'll accept that if they hit th off season and beef up.

Gus must go. NO. He probably will but, to blame him for our offensive play this year is fucking ridiculous.  He has nothing to work with except Dyer.  To think that Dyer is the second leading rusher in the SEC with our shitastic O line really tells you how good he is.  How Trotter and Mosley got a scholarship to Auburn is beyond me.  Gus knew the only fucking way we do anything against Bama's D is to get lucky and try to trick them.  It didn't work.  But let's think about it, Bama's D is scary good so is LSU's for different reasons.  There was no way Dyer was going to power run behind our line against Bams front 7.  We don't have a receiver that can catch, besides Blake.  We don't have a line that would give a QB time to throw and even if we did we don't having a QB that can fucking throw. So how is that Gus's fault?

To be honest we could easily be 3-9 right now.  So coming off of Thanksgiving weekend let's be thankful that we are not and have won seven games.  Am I happy with that record, NO.  But after watching this season and seeing the level of athletes we have right now I am content.  After all I thought that we like to say we are not like the Fucktard  Bams, I sure do see a lot of similarities on this board.  Maybe I'm just being realistic, oh wait that is one thing Bammers are not.

Final thought, we had damn sure better recruit some key players on defensive line, linebackers, o line and a QB.  The "young players" of this team better hit the weight room and some leaders need to emerge.  The team is not all negative, I have seen glimmers of hope from some players, but the inexperience did show throughout the season.  After key plays on offense stupid mistakes set them back in every game we played this year.

Now continue bitching but it won't change the facts.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:28:06 PM by Yoda »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 10:35:37 PM »
I think while most of you know I may be a homer, but I'm not a dick about shit. So that's not my purpose with my post. With that said.....

That just wasn't AU football.

Like THS and GF said, no idea what that was. I've seen Gus' offense the past few years, and watching it today, I was just like "I don't get it. What is this?" It's like there was no direction. No identity. It's like somebody was just throwing a dart at a board, and whatever play it landed on, that's what was going to be run. When you play AU, you know it's going to be a fight. You might get up on them a little, but you know the other shoe is going to drop. There will be a spark, and it's going to be on. There were a few sparks tonight, but it just fizzled. I really didn't understand. It just didn't look like Gus' offense. There was no HUNH. There was no smashmouth running game. Dyer had to be injured or something. It just looked.....different. Maybe you guys can better explain it, but I can't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »
Let me start by saying that I spent the day in the woods hunting and listened to the game on the radio because I knew we didn't have a chance in this game.  Now, I am sick of reading the bullshit on this board about our coaching staff and team.  Yes we sucked, did you really expect anything different after losing your entire offensive line, the best offensive and defensive players in college football last year, and playing as many freshman and sophomore players as we have?

To be honest a lot of you are like fucking Bammers.  We just won a National Fucking Championship.  Yes it was a bad year. No we don't have a quarterback, we don't have an offensive line and we don't have a defense.  Yes Roof must go.  Our defense has been pathetic for 2 of the last 3 years.  Are defense was only acceptable last year because of two or three players.  Our defensive backs have not been taught how to tackle or look for a fucking ball in the air.  Our linebackers are small.  Our defensive line is small and can't get pressure on a six year old girl.  Our front seven is also young, I'll accept that if they hit th off season and beef up.

Gus must go. NO. He probably will but, to blame him for our offensive play this year is fucking ridiculous.  He has nothing to work with except Dyer.  To think that Dyer is the second leading rusher in the SEC with our shitastic O line really tells you how good he is.  How Trotter and Mosley got a scholarship to Auburn is beyond me.  Gus knew the only fucking way we do anything against Bama's D is to get lucky and try to trick them.  It didn't work.  But let's think about it, Bama's D is scary good so is LSU's for different reasons.  There was no way Dyer was going to power run behind our line against Bams front 7.  We don't have a receiver that can catch, besides Blake.  We don't have a line that would give a QB time to throw and even if we did we don't having a QB that can fucking throw. So how is that Gus's fault?

To be honest we could easily be 3-9 right now.  So coming off of Thanksgiving weekend let's be thankful that we are not and have won seven games.  Am I happy with that record, NO.  But after watching this season and seeing the level of athletes we have right now I am content.  After all I thought that we like to say we are not like the Fucktard  Bams, I sure do see a lot of similarities on this board.  Maybe I'm just being realistic, oh wait that is one thing Bammers are not.

Final thought, we had damn sure better recruit some key players on defensive line, linebackers, o line and a QB.  The "young players" of this team better hit the weight room and some leaders need to emerge.  The team is not all negative, I have seen glimmers of hope from some players, but the inexperience did show throughout the season.  After key plays on offense stupid mistakes set them back in every game we played this year.

Now continue bitching but it won't change the facts.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 11:03:45 PM »
Why wouldn't he? 

203 yards?  Some of the highlights from the game were ridiculous.  Gary and Verne made sure to point out that Trent was "dragging oh my gosh can you believe it 10 defenders down field."   

I was just watching Luck vs. Notre Dame.  Don't get me wrong.  He's amazing.  He's a hell of a quarterback.  But the Heisman is always won by a highlight player from a national championship contender.  Not many highlights by Luck.  Just solid play.

Because everyone was told Luck should win it before the year started... And as most of us know, most voters are idiots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Yoda

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 11:09:18 PM »

Wouldn't expect you to be able through the tears in your eyes.  You've been crying for 13 weeks now.  You're a typical arm chair quarterback that has never played the game in your life, but you know everything that's why your a coach, or that's why you can develop a better game plan from your living room.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 11:16:55 PM »

No.

THIS

All of it. Fucking Mickey mouse offense today and the qb was the court jester.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 11:17:04 PM »
This isn't the same offensive coordinator Chizik hired.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 11:20:56 PM »
Wouldn't expect you to be able through the tears in your eyes.  You've been crying for 13 weeks now.  You're a typical arm chair quarterback that has never played the game in your life, but you know everything that's why your a coach, or that's why you can develop a better game plan from your living room.

Oooor he can tell that by year three, being young and lacking depth become less and less of a good excuse. Sure, Tubs left a bit of a  mess, but the way AU has been recruiting, where's the player development?

How can Alabama, LSU, USCw, and other programs play young guys and they not run around like retards that can't cover a receiver?

I don't think talent or depth is AU's problem. It's fans like you, that don't have to ability to see that perhaps it's the coaching that can't get these kids in the proper place or teach them better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 11:22:35 PM »

Oooor he can tell that by year three, being young and lacking depth become less and less of a good excuse. Sure, Tubs left a bit of a  mess, but the way AU has been recruiting, where's the player development?

How can Alabama, LSU, USCw, and other programs play young guys and they not run around like retards that can't cover a receiver?

I don't think talent or depth is AU's problem. It's fans like you, that don't have to ability to see that perhaps it's the coaching that can't get these kids in the proper place or teach them better.

Damnit....I agree. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
Gus has stated before that he doesn't game plan.  He just goes with whatever he feels will work at the time. 

And Yoda, if Dyer is our best weapon (and I agree) then why did Gus not give him an opportunity to do something in the first half?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 08:10:24 AM »
I hope you're drunk. Really really drunk. That, or you need to watch your DVR. Probably both. That performance went beyond "Well, we have a little youth". AU has recruited lights out the past few years. 1 of the 2 true freshmen playing on the OL was Reese Dismukes, the #1 center in the country coming out of high school last year. There should be some talent there. Good talent with inexperience will net you some close losses. 30 point blowouts? That's a fucking problem. I think that's part of what alot of people are trying to say. An extra year of experience doesn't bridge 30 point blowouts. Especially since as the year progresses, those blowouts don't get any better.

Everybody knows AU has some youth problems. More so than maybe any other team in the country. But as talented as these guys were coming out of high school, there should be something to show for it. Somewhere, something is wrong.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:13:44 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 09:25:13 AM »
I saw the reason for the 4 blowout losses last week.  Senior day, and they announce all 12 of them...all but 5, I said "who?".  No upperclass leadership to take charge in either huddle.  When things start going downhill, the youngsters until they learn the team concept usually just say aww fuck mane, let's get this shit over so I can get laid.  That, and the fact that a retarded monkey could play the QB spot better than either Trotter or Moseley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.