Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Iron Bowl Week

Yoda

Re: Thoughts - Iron Bowl Week
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »

Oooor he can tell that by year three, being young and lacking depth become less and less of a good excuse. Sure, Tubs left a bit of a  mess, but the way AU has been recruiting, where's the player development?

How can Alabama, LSU, USCw, and other programs play young guys and they not run around like retards that can't cover a receiver?

I don't think talent or depth is AU's problem. It's fans like you, that don't have to ability to see that perhaps it's the coaching that can't get these kids in the proper place or teach them better.

I dont think that our youth is an excuse, we suck that's the fucking point.  If you want to blame coaching the only finger to be pointed s at Roof. 

And it's fan like you who easily lose sight of the coaching that was done a year ago, oh wait it was a one man show.  Cam picked up the team, put them on his back and carried them to Arizona.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Yoda

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 09:40:26 AM »

No not angry, that past about 6 weeks ago when I accepted the fact that this year was going to suck. 

Point was that we lost the best offensive line in the country with the most experience last year and we did not have a QB.  I knew our offense was going to struggle, hell all of the experts knew it.  At the beginning of the season I only hoped our defense would have improved enough to keep us competitive, after week one I saw that wasn't the case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 09:43:59 AM »
Let me start by saying that I spent the day in the woods hunting and listened to the game on the radio because I knew we didn't have a chance in this game.  Now, I am sick of reading the bullshit on this board about our coaching staff and team.  Yes we sucked, did you really expect anything different after losing your entire offensive line, the best offensive and defensive players in college football last year, and playing as many freshman and sophomore players as we have?

To be honest a lot of you are like fucking Bammers.  We just won a National Fucking Championship.  Yes it was a bad year. No we don't have a quarterback, we don't have an offensive line and we don't have a defense.  Yes Roof must go.  Our defense has been pathetic for 2 of the last 3 years.  Are defense was only acceptable last year because of two or three players.  Our defensive backs have not been taught how to tackle or look for a fucking ball in the air.  Our linebackers are small.  Our defensive line is small and can't get pressure on a six year old girl.  Our front seven is also young, I'll accept that if they hit th off season and beef up.

Gus must go. NO. He probably will but, to blame him for our offensive play this year is fucking ridiculous.  He has nothing to work with except Dyer.  To think that Dyer is the second leading rusher in the SEC with our shitastic O line really tells you how good he is.  How Trotter and Mosley got a scholarship to Auburn is beyond me.  Gus knew the only fucking way we do anything against Bama's D is to get lucky and try to trick them.  It didn't work.  But let's think about it, Bama's D is scary good so is LSU's for different reasons.  There was no way Dyer was going to power run behind our line against Bams front 7.  We don't have a receiver that can catch, besides Blake.  We don't have a line that would give a QB time to throw and even if we did we don't having a QB that can fucking throw. So how is that Gus's fault?

To be honest we could easily be 3-9 right now.  So coming off of Thanksgiving weekend let's be thankful that we are not and have won seven games.  Am I happy with that record, NO.  But after watching this season and seeing the level of athletes we have right now I am content.  After all I thought that we like to say we are not like the Fucktard  Bams, I sure do see a lot of similarities on this board.  Maybe I'm just being realistic, oh wait that is one thing Bammers are not.

Final thought, we had damn sure better recruit some key players on defensive line, linebackers, o line and a QB.  The "young players" of this team better hit the weight room and some leaders need to emerge.  The team is not all negative, I have seen glimmers of hope from some players, but the inexperience did show throughout the season.  After key plays on offense stupid mistakes set them back in every game we played this year.

Now continue bitching but it won't change the facts.

:king:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 09:44:33 AM »
Gus has stated before that he doesn't game plan.  He just goes with whatever he feels will work at the time. 

And Yoda, if Dyer is our best weapon (and I agree) then why did Gus not give him an opportunity to do something in the first half?

Have you seen our offensive line block all year?  What chance did they have against Bama's front that is bigger and stronger?  I think we saw that when Dyer ran it out of the wildcat and couldn't get a half yard on 4th down.  That would be an attempt at power running.  Dyer has big yards on mis direction plays all year, was not going to work against speed and power on D, see LSU Auburn game for proof.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 09:46:10 AM »

Really good response.  Outstanding, and that's the best you can come up with to the only sane post about our situation. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »
Really good response.  Outstanding, and that's the best you can come up with to the only sane post about our situation.

:haha:

Sane?  Did he have a point or was he attacking me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »
Gus has stated before that he doesn't game plan.  He just goes with whatever he feels will work at the time. 

And Yoda, if Dyer is our best weapon (and I agree) then why did Gus not give him an opportunity to do something in the first half?

Gus is a series play caller.  He has an overall plan.  He doesn't script a plan.  Nothing wrong with that.

Dyer?  I assure you, if Dyer had been given the ball 30 times for 70 yards up the middle, you'd still be bitching about "the fucked up plan". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 09:50:21 AM »
:haha:

Sane?  Did he have a point or was he attacking me?

Yes to both.  Your point was stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 09:51:46 AM »
I dont think that our youth is an excuse, we suck that's the fucking point.  If you want to blame coaching the only finger to be pointed s at Roof. 

And it's fan like you who easily lose sight of the coaching that was done a year ago, oh wait it was a one man show.  Cam picked up the team, put them on his back and carried them to Arizona.
If you're talking entire season, the whole staff gets a finger pointed at them.

If you're talking about last night, while the defense didn't play picture perfect by any means, it is the only thing that kept you guys even close to being in that game. That offense......man, I don't know what the fuck that was. It didn't make any sense I guess is the best way I could describe it. It was like somebody just started throwing shit out there to see if something stuck. Like there was no clear decisive plan of attack. As an Alabama fan, that shit was frustrating to watch. You keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, because you know it's only a matter of time until it gets firing on all cylinders, and it never happens. Where the fuck was Dyer? Where was the HUNH, which Alabama's style of defense particularly has problems with? What was the plan of attack on the defense? They're not perfect. There has to be something AU saw when planning and said, "This is what we need to do".

The defense will only take you so far when your offense can't move the ball, and keeps you on the field all game. For that matter, the defense scored more points than the offense last night. Roof probably does need to go at the end of this season, but as far as the Iron Bowl goes, that shit was on Malzahn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Yoda

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »
I hope you're drunk. Really really drunk. That, or you need to watch your DVR. Probably both. That performance went beyond "Well, we have a little youth". AU has recruited lights out the past few years. 1 of the 2 true freshmen playing on the OL was Reese Dismukes, the #1 center in the country coming out of high school last year. There should be some talent there. Good talent with inexperience will net you some close losses. 30 point blowouts? That's a fucking problem. I think that's part of what alot of people are trying to say. An extra year of experience doesn't bridge 30 point blowouts. Especially since as the year progresses, those blowouts don't get any better.

Everybody knows AU has some youth problems. More so than maybe any other team in the country. But as talented as these guys were coming out of high school, there should be something to show for it. Somewhere, something is wrong.

Expected from you, you are a typical Bam like I hear on the radio.  Yes we have had great recruiting, in fact if you want to blame coaching on this team then the real problem comes in recruiting the wrong position.  Who is the last big name defensive player that we recruited on defense that is not a DB?  We have zero size on D line and at linebacker.  I do not recall a Clowney on this team. 

Dismukes came in yes great pick up one freshman under sized inexperienced playing with 4 other guys while older still inexperienced.  We lost the BEST offensive line in the country last year with the most experience in the country.  We lost (or were robbed) of the other lineman we desperately needed last year.  As great as Cam is, everyone fails to mention that he was behind a great group of players last year.  To think that we would have won a National Title without that offensive line is fucking dumb. 

I will agree with you, that was not Auburn football.  But we do not have a defense that will allow us to play Auburn football, that is the fault of coaching. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

Yoda

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »
If you're talking entire season, the whole staff gets a finger pointed at them.

If you're talking about last night, while the defense didn't play picture perfect by any means, it is the only thing that kept you guys even close to being in that game. That offense......man, I don't know what the fuck that was. It didn't make any sense I guess is the best way I could describe it. It was like somebody just started throwing shit out there to see if something stuck. Like there was no clear decisive plan of attack. As an Alabama fan, that shit was frustrating to watch. You keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, because you know it's only a matter of time until it gets firing on all cylinders, and it never happens. Where the fuck was Dyer? Where was the HUNH, which Alabama's style of defense particularly has problems with? What was the plan of attack on the defense? They're not perfect. There has to be something AU saw when planning and said, "This is what we need to do".

The defense will only take you so far when your offense can't move the ball, and keeps you on the field all game. For that matter, the defense scored more points than the offense last night. Roof probably does need to go at the end of this season, but as far as the Iron Bowl goes, that shit was on Malzahn.

No the defense did not keep us in the game, special teams and a poor Alabama play call left us in the game.  If our defense could stop anybody on third down then I would agree.

Our defense made your offense look like a top notch offensive unit, which is not the case.  Our Defense made a freshman D2 running back look like Bo Jackson.  Our defense sucks period.  Our offensive play calling has been suspect but when nothing will work what do you do?  Even when we have had momentum lack of execution has killed us.  If you want to say that is coaching, well fine but coaches aren't playing in the game.

The youth thing is not an excuse, but for our fan base to be all over a guy that coached us to an undefeated season, national title, and Gris an winner is just crazy.  Yes changes need to be made.  If they are not made nextyear then yes look for another coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2011, 10:03:37 AM »
Hey, if you'd have preferred Gus to beat his head against a brick wall, then fine, own up to it.  If you think "playcalling" or "scheme" is at fault here, then you're stupid.

Why not Dyer all day long?  http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2011&rpt=IA_teamrushdef&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

We KNOW we have no QB, but still it's all about the "play calling," right?  Gus has to go!  Fuck a National Championship!  He fucking sux!   Give him Cam Newton, and all he does is produce!  The response?  "It was all Cam".  I got news for you, you can fuck up coaching talent, and the 2003 Auburn Tigers are living proof. 

Give Roof Nick Fairley, and Zach Claytton and he has a mediocre defense on his best day.

Recognize it for what it is, and quit trying to fire everybody.  Roof has a solid body of fucked up work.  Malzahn, the reason he'll still get a good job with load of cash?  Football people know he can coach, and they know why he's not producing this year...nothing to work with.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 10:06:22 AM »
Gus is a series play caller.  He has an overall plan.  He doesn't script a plan.  Nothing wrong with that.

Dyer?  I assure you, if Dyer had been given the ball 30 times for 70 yards up the middle, you'd still be bitching about "the fucked up plan".

Agree 100%
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

Yoda

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 10:08:26 AM »
Hey, if you'd have preferred Gus to beat his head against a brick wall, then fine, own up to it.  If you think "playcalling" or "scheme" is at fault here, then you're stupid.

Why not Dyer all day long?  http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2011&rpt=IA_teamrushdef&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

We KNOW we have no QB, but still it's all about the "play calling," right?  Gus has to go!  Fuck a National Championship!  He fucking sux!   Give him Cam Newton, and all he does is produce!  The response?  "It was all Cam".  I got news for you, you can fuck up coaching talent, and the 2003 Auburn Tigers are living proof. 

Give Roof Nick Fairley, and Zach Claytton and he has a mediocre defense on his best day.

Recognize it for what it is, and quit trying to fire everybody.  Roof has a solid body of fucked up work.  Malzahn, the reason he'll still get a good job with load of cash?  Football people know he can coach, and they know why he's not producing this year...nothing to work with.   

There are people with football IQ on this board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 10:10:43 AM »
There are people with football IQ on this board.

Yes, there are.  They're not calling for Malzahn's head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2011, 10:13:42 AM »
Yes, there are.  They're not calling for Malzahn's head.

We will lose him anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2011, 10:36:53 AM »
Guys Malzahn had an undefeated championship season and players that won awards!!! Has Roof done that?! Off with his head!!!!111!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:39:21 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2011, 10:43:01 AM »
The fact that you are willing to sit back and accept what's happened this season makes you look like a pussy.

"Well we won the title last year. I'm good for another 50 years, so long as we compete every few years!"

Fuck that bull shit! I thought you were the mighty AU?

Make excuses when you lose about inexperience? There are a lot of teams out there that win with that, or hell, keep it fucking close!

Alabama fans get a bad rap, some deserved, about excepting too much... But in that, if shit isn't going the way the fans and higher ups think it should, what happens? GET THE FUCK OUT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

jmar

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2011, 10:46:36 AM »

Auburn has recruited the type of talent it wanted on both sides of the ball for three seasons.

Defending the pass stands out as our achilles because it has been evident against even the weakest teams.
An unopposed TD pass has the same effect on a team as a KO return.

We have plenty of fight overall but we are small (v. other SEC West teams) and lack in fundamentals.

The offense has many of the same flaws however Malzahn has been granted an advantage on the offensive side of the ball (incl. a gaggle of ill-used scatbacks) while it appears to me at least that Roof is doing it on a shoestring especially at LB and DT.
The current list of verbal recruits show little change in the true areas of need.

note: a team that is no threat to throw the ball might consider recruiting a fullback or two instead of risking one of the best pair of hands on the team as a battering ram.

Phillip Lolley has an army (db's) as does Trooper Taylor (wr's).
But I am as disappointed in Jeff Grimes' group as any because this is a guy who picks out five and sticks with them throughout. That's all fine and dandy if you have an aggressive bunch of ironmen in a pro-style offense.

note: our best blocker was a h.s. TE who would have rarely seen the field except in short yardage and based on the choice of plays called at various junctures Saturday he might never see the field at all. I haven't paid close enough attention to our center but I've seen enough of the others.

I can't speak enough to the value of Michael Dyer to this team. And OMac is generally the fastest guy on the field. When your best receiver (Blake) is marginalized by superior talent and your H-back is busy imitating a guard and you have no other direction to turn you have to give your best player the ball. (Dyer can gain three yards w/o much assistance and OMac can still beat a prepared defense to the sidelines for at least five yards much of the time)

Gus has stated that he doesn't gameplan.
This goes back to Cam Newton who by definition as a dual-threat QB was HIS OWN FUCKING GAMEPLAN!
So I stand by my statements that our three QBs need help to at least manage the game but how is one to manage without a plan? When the camera panned to Malzahn on the sidelines at critical points of the game I immediately thought this is why we have such indecision at the QB position. And we should all expect better play from marginal talent when the OC is considered one of the most sought after offensive minds in the college game.

And as much as it pains me as a lifelong Auburn fan, it all points to the man in charge, Gene Chizik. I have grown to appreciate almost everything about the man, at least as much as I can perceive. I have never been lost to the fact that we had a veteran team last season, and arguably the two best players in college football. But we grew as a team with each win last season willed by the individual efforts of these two men and from that confidence Auburn became the best team in the country. That said, I have no reason to believe that the development and instruction of the talent level on this team can move us beyond fourth place in the west not only for one, but the next two seasons. And short of finding a couple of absolute game changers, Gene Chizik has to make some tough decisions in order to keep Auburn in the SEC Title hunt.

Call it bitching if you will but you need to come with something besides namecalling and facepalming icons to dispute the truth.       

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions