Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Iron Bowl Week

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Thoughts - Iron Bowl Week
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2011, 08:59:19 PM »
So, you think you give Nick a 50 Fr. and Soph he wins it all?

Hell no but 5 blowout losses????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »
Hell no but 5 blowout losses????

It's not 5 blowouts, but I get the sentiment.  Fact is, we lost badly to Alabama, and LSU, who are head and shoulders above the rest of the country, Ark, who was in the NC hunt until yesterday, UGA who won the East, and may be, I say MAY be, better than thought, and Clemson who was in the NC hunt late.  We exceeded everybody's expectations for W/L record, and NO, I'M NOT proud of the last few games.  Fact is, we all knew this was coming, and yet some act like, after the fact, it's a compete shock. 

Is Malzahn infallible?  No.  I sometimes catch myself saying "what the fuck" at some plays, but overall, and especially considering his body of work, he's NOT the problem.

I saw a Def. get beat badly on completely blown assignments on 2 TDs and one 2 point conversion yesterday.  Completely blown assignments. 

I saw an offense that is completely hapless, mostly, MOSTLY because of no QB.  The OL sux, but if the QB was ANY threat to complete a pass beyind the line of scrimmage, the defenses would have to play us differently, and the OL would be a bit better, though they'd still not be good. 

To GF: "bama's defense isn't THAT good".  Yeah, they are.  The ONLY team, IF i looked at stats correctly, to get over 300 yards of offense against them?  Ga. Southern.  An FCS team.  A triple option team they played just before the iron bowl.  They held LSU and Ark t under 250 yds, each, held Ark to 14 points and LSU to 6 in regulation. The most points given up?  21, to?  Ga. Southern.   LSU is the top scoring offense in the SEC, and Ark is the top total offense in the SEC.  They're THAT good. 

"They didn't develop a QB"...Ok whatever, they couldn't develop me as a QB either, and I'd give it my all, plus a testicle to be Auburn's QB.  Shit happens.   You practice, you work them out, you drill them over an over, you show them film, but they have to go out and execute.  I saw Mosley literally fall down yesterday when a bammer DE came NEAR him.  Didn't fucking touch him, hand just caused a breeze to blow him down.   Truth be told, he probably shit his pants.  I said 2 years ago that if Mosley ever took a meaningful snap as a QB at Auburn, it would be because we were in dire straights.  I was right.  You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.   

That's my take.  We'll get better.  If we're no better than an 8 win team the next 2 years, then I will probably change my mind.   I think things will get better, and if we win 8 this year, it will be about what I expected.  The SECW was brutal this year.  If you haven't noticed, we're better in the conference record department this year than we were in 2009.   And we actually had a serviceable QB that year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »
It's not 5 blowouts, but I get the sentiment.  Fact is, we lost badly to Alabama, and LSU, who are head and shoulders above the rest of the country, Ark, who was in the NC hunt until yesterday, UGA who won the East, and may be, I say MAY be, better than thought, and Clemson who was in the NC hunt late.  We exceeded everybody's expectations for W/L record, and NO, I'M NOT proud of the last few games.  Fact is, we all knew this was coming, and yet some act like, after the fact, it's a compete shock. 

Is Malzahn infallible?  No.  I sometimes catch myself saying "what the fuck" at some plays, but overall, and especially considering his body of work, he's NOT the problem.

I saw a Def. get beat badly on completely blown assignments on 2 TDs and one 2 point conversion yesterday.  Completely blown assignments. 

I saw an offense that is completely hapless, mostly, MOSTLY because of no QB.  The OL sux, but if the QB was ANY threat to complete a pass beyind the line of scrimmage, the defenses would have to play us differently, and the OL would be a bit better, though they'd still not be good. 

To GF: "bama's defense isn't THAT good".  Yeah, they are.  The ONLY team, IF i looked at stats correctly, to get over 300 yards of offense against them?  Ga. Southern.  An FCS team.  A triple option team they played just before the iron bowl.  They held LSU and Ark t under 250 yds, each, held Ark to 14 points and LSU to 6 in regulation. The most points given up?  21, to?  Ga. Southern.   LSU is the top scoring offense in the SEC, and Ark is the top total offense in the SEC.  They're THAT good. 

"They didn't develop a QB"...Ok whatever, they couldn't develop me as a QB either, and I'd give it my all, plus a testicle to be Auburn's QB.  Shit happens.   You practice, you work them out, you drill them over an over, you show them film, but they have to go out and execute.  I saw Mosley literally fall down yesterday when a bammer DE came NEAR him.  Didn't fucking touch him, hand just caused a breeze to blow him down.   Truth be told, he probably shit his pants.  I said 2 years ago that if Mosley ever took a meaningful snap as a QB at Auburn, it would be because we were in dire straights.  I was right.  You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.   

That's my take.  We'll get better.  If we're no better than an 8 win team the next 2 years, then I will probably change my mind.   I think things will get better, and if we win 8 this year, it will be about what I expected.  The SECW was brutal this year.  If you haven't noticed, we're better in the conference record department this year than we were in 2009.   And we actually had a serviceable QB that year.
I agree with you JR.  We have some help returning that hasn't seen the field in transfers, redshirts and the injured. We do need a QB and a hard nosed offensive line. There are missed assignments on defense and the coverage is still awful but they do throw their bodies around fearlessly and the defensive line seems to show signs of coming around. I don't know that a year will make the difference, but I trust that Chizik will make the right moves to keep Auburn competing at a high level. After all, this is the SEC and there is little choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2011, 08:38:29 AM »
I actually think he called El Guapo a Bammer, when in fact, El Guapo IS a bammer. 

Carry on.
Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2011, 09:19:51 AM »
Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

What is a plethora?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2011, 09:28:40 AM »
What is a plethora?

I have many pinatas in the storeroom, each filled with little surprises.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2011, 09:37:12 AM »
I do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2011, 10:25:14 AM »
What is a plethora?

A veritable cornucopia.  Duh!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2011, 10:52:09 AM »
A veritable cornucopia.  Duh!!

Do you know what "nada" means?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions