Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Iron Bowl Week

JR4AU

Re: Thoughts - Iron Bowl Week
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »
The fact that you are willing to sit back and accept what's happened this season makes you look like a pussy.

"Well we won the title last year. I'm good for another 50 years, so long as we compete every few years!"

Fuck that bull shit! I thought you were the mighty AU?

Make excuses when you lose about inexperience? There are a lot of teams out there that win with that, or hell, keep it fucking close!

Alabama fans get a bad rap, some deserved, about excepting too much... But in that, if shit isn't going the way the fans and higher ups think it should, what happens? GET THE FUCK OUT!

What can we do to change it you fucking moron?  Go choke on a cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2011, 11:22:36 AM »
Let me start by saying that I spent the day in the woods hunting and listened to the game on the radio because I knew we didn't have a chance in this game.  Now, I am sick of reading the bullshit on this board about our coaching staff and team.  Yes we sucked, did you really expect anything different after losing your entire offensive line, the best offensive and defensive players in college football last year, and playing as many freshman and sophomore players as we have?

To be honest a lot of you are like fucking Bammers.  We just won a National Fucking Championship.  Yes it was a bad year. No we don't have a quarterback, we don't have an offensive line and we don't have a defense.  Yes Roof must go.  Our defense has been pathetic for 2 of the last 3 years.  Are defense was only acceptable last year because of two or three players.  Our defensive backs have not been taught how to tackle or look for a fucking ball in the air.  Our linebackers are small.  Our defensive line is small and can't get pressure on a six year old girl.  Our front seven is also young, I'll accept that if they hit th off season and beef up.

Gus must go. NO. He probably will but, to blame him for our offensive play this year is fucking ridiculous.  He has nothing to work with except Dyer.  To think that Dyer is the second leading rusher in the SEC with our shitastic O line really tells you how good he is.  How Trotter and Mosley got a scholarship to Auburn is beyond me.  Gus knew the only fucking way we do anything against Bama's D is to get lucky and try to trick them.  It didn't work.  But let's think about it, Bama's D is scary good so is LSU's for different reasons.  There was no way Dyer was going to power run behind our line against Bams front 7.  We don't have a receiver that can catch, besides Blake.  We don't have a line that would give a QB time to throw and even if we did we don't having a QB that can fucking throw. So how is that Gus's fault?

To be honest we could easily be 3-9 right now.  So coming off of Thanksgiving weekend let's be thankful that we are not and have won seven games.  Am I happy with that record, NO.  But after watching this season and seeing the level of athletes we have right now I am content.  After all I thought that we like to say we are not like the Fucktard  Bams, I sure do see a lot of similarities on this board.  Maybe I'm just being realistic, oh wait that is one thing Bammers are not.

Final thought, we had damn sure better recruit some key players on defensive line, linebackers, o line and a QB.  The "young players" of this team better hit the weight room and some leaders need to emerge.  The team is not all negative, I have seen glimmers of hope from some players, but the inexperience did show throughout the season.  After key plays on offense stupid mistakes set them back in every game we played this year.

Now continue bitching but it won't change the facts.
I don't think Gus needs to go. I also think Roof needs to go. The blowout in this game doesn't bother me, I expected it. The only loss that bothers me this year was the one to UGA. Record wise we are about where I expected us. We lost a ton and we played really good teams.

Things that do bother me are...no offensive gameplan RWS is right it did look like he was throwing darts at a board to call plays. Lack of improvement, I wanted to see our team progress this year, instead it looked like we regressed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Yoda

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »
The fact that you are willing to sit back and accept what's happened this season makes you look like a pussy.

"Well we won the title last year. I'm good for another 50 years, so long as we compete every few years!"

Fuck that bull shit! I thought you were the mighty AU?

Make excuses when you lose about inexperience? There are a lot of teams out there that win with that, or hell, keep it fucking close!

Alabama fans get a bad rap, some deserved, about excepting too much... But in that, if shit isn't going the way the fans and higher ups think it should, what happens? GET THE FUCK OUT!

Are that fucking ignorant, or a Bam in orange and blue.  Last I checked none of us Jay Jacobs.  No one is saying that this is the best coaching staff in the country or that Chizik is he best head coach it is what it is.  You can't fire a head coach one year after a national championship, that will send a program down faster than NCAA Violations .  What fucking coach comes into a program after firing a three year coach that won a BCS title?

What other teams in the SEC are winning with young players (by the way that is by no means an excuse), oh USCe wait e beat them and they did not play any other team in the SEC worth a shit besides UGA in week two.

Should we be losing by 30, no but the decisions this coaching staff made in recruiting an offensive and defensive style of play worked for one year and blew up this year for a number of reasons.  It is now time to regroup, change strategy and come out fighting with bigger, stronger, and more experienced players.  Now if Chizik s out hunting or playing golf this coming month in stead of looking for a new D coordinator and probably a new O coordinator as well, then let next year be his last.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2011, 11:33:46 AM »
JR I am a huge Gus supporter and don't want him to go, however last night was not a Gus offense. I don't know what the fuck that was. Don't give me this bamas defense bullshit when Georgia fucking Southern ran for 300 yards.  IMO a coach that is the highest paid coordinator in the nation should be able to exploit weaknesses. For us to have 40 yards total offense at halftime is pathetic.  We scored NO offensive points. This game could have easily been 42-0.

We don't even run fast paced anymore.

And don't get me started on wasted timeouts.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:36:48 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »
JR I am a huge Gus supporter and don't want him to go, however last night was not a Gus offense. I don't know what the fuck that was. Don't give me this bamas defense bullshit when Georgia fucking Southern ran for 300 yards.  IMO a coach that is the highest paid coordinator in the nation should be able to exploit weaknesses. For us to have 40 yards total offense at halftime is pathetic.  We scored NO offensive points. This game could have easily been 42-0.

It's like I think it and you write it.

Oh and I think it was 44 yards after 3 quarters as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »

We looked liked a monkey fucking a football on offense last night and somebody needs to pay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2011, 01:03:38 PM »
We looked liked a monkey fucking a football on offense last night and somebody needs to pay.

I'm not gonna call for Gus to be gone, but I also won't be shedding any tears if he departs for chapel hill either.

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2011, 01:05:12 PM »

IMO without a superb QB this offense is rendered dysfunctional. An offensive coordinator with no gameplan and showing indecision on the sidelines does nothing for the confidence of young players and it manifests itself on the field, most evident in the play of the QBs. I can accept youth and inexperience as our overall downfall this season but I do not expect drastic fundamental improvement for this team with a couple of firings. We have a shortfall of offensive line talent, an inordinate number of non-factors at wr, an overall undersized interior defensive line and LB's with little depth, and a stable of DB's that forgot how to effectively defend the pass. Teams have proven that you can survive on defense with three stellar players at the three levels and an offense can be transformed into a force with the right guy behind the center. It might only be a stop-gap measure but it is the quickest way to compete as a force in the SEC West until we achieve some size and maturity. And still, none of this addresses basic blocking and tackling.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2011, 01:08:37 PM »
IMO without a superb QB this offense is rendered dysfunctional.

Paul Smith.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
I'm not gonna call for Gus to be gone, but I also won't be shedding any tears if he departs for chapel hill either.

That is all.
The biggest problem we have is Alabama. Bama has a down season they win 10 games....lose to a division team at home, Alabama finishes second in the West... they will play for and win the BCS championship. When we loss we get the absolute shit kick out of us and end up in Nashville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2011, 01:09:54 PM »
IMO without a superb QB this offense is rendered dysfunctional. An offensive coordinator with no gameplan and showing indecision on the sidelines does nothing for the confidence of young players and it manifests itself on the field, most evident in the play of the QBs. I can accept youth and inexperience as our overall downfall this season but I do not expect drastic fundamental improvement for this team with a couple of firings. We have a shortfall of offensive line talent, an inordinate number of non-factors at wr, an overall undersized interior defensive line and LB's with little depth, and a stable of DB's that forgot how to effectively defend the pass. Teams have proven that you can survive on defense with three stellar players at the three levels and an offense can be transformed into a force with the right guy behind the center. It might only be a stop-gap measure but it is the quickest way to compete as a force in the SEC West until we achieve some size and maturity. And still, none of this addresses basic blocking and tackling.     

Moseley and trotter suck. But ga southern totally throws the qb excuse out the window. They aren't even div 1. And were more effective than us. 3-4 times as effective.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2011, 01:13:26 PM »
Paul Smith.
Uh yeah that was Gus with something to prove. Same for Todd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2011, 01:17:49 PM »
Moseley and trotter suck. But ga southern totally throws the qb excuse out the window. They aren't even div 1. And were more effective than us. 3-4 times as effective.
I wouldn't want us to go triple option with very little chance to come back when we did get behind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2011, 01:21:02 PM »
Paul Smith.

Paul Smith was athletic.  Trotsley is not.

Paul Smith could make reads and hit wide open receivers. Mosler can not.

Paul Smith was a threat to run.  Trotsley is not.

Neither Mosler nor Trotsley would start at North Alabama.  I'm not sure either would be guaranteed a starting position at Leroy. 

Been watching AU football for a long, long time.  I've seen some shitty QBs.  I watched Tony Franklin turn Chris Todd into a pineapple.  Chris Todd is a shitload better than a hybrid of these two guys.   

These guys are worse than the Gabe Gross experiment of 1998.

Gross became Auburn's starting quarterback during last year's 3-8 season. Then-coach Terry Bowden grabbed the freshman midway through a game against Tennessee and sent him in for an injured Ben Leard.

Bowden said he didn't think Gross even knew any plays, but had no choice but to use him. Gross surprised everyone by giving Auburn a chance to upset the Volunteers, until his desperation pass at the end of the game fell short in a 17-9 loss.

He took the job away from Leard that day and started six of Auburn's games. He threw for 1,222 yards and seven touchdowns on an offensively challenged team.

I'd take Gabe Gross today. 

The Malzahn offense doesn't need a "superb" quarterback.  It does, however, need one that is at the very minimum capable.   

Name one single fucking thing that Mosler/Trotsley does well? 

Pass?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
Run?  BAAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAA HAAAA
Avoid Pressure?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA
Make the right read? HAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA

The failure of this offense begins there.  It ends there.  And it's everything inbetween.

Young OL?  We could overcome that if any of our QBs could hit a slant route or hitch.  You know, keep the defense from stacking 11 in the box. 

Young D?  Could overcome that by grinding out a few first downs, putting some points on the board.

We don't have a quarterback.  We have three that equal zero.  Less than zero.   That's the frightening prospect.  Because that's not going to change. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »
Uh yeah that was Gus with something to prove. Same for Todd.

So what you meant to say was:

without a superb QB this offense is rendered dysfunctional...unless Gus wants to prove something...or I need to modify this statement further at some other time.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:22:34 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2011, 01:22:15 PM »
The biggest problem we have is Alabama. Bama has a down season they win 10 games....lose to a division team at home, Alabama finishes second in the West... they will play for and win the BCS championship. When we loss we get the absolute shitake kick out of us and end up in Nashville.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make. A down season with how you guys recruit and what you pay your coaches, should be at least 8 to 9 wins before a bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »

That's kind of the point I was trying to make. A down season with how you guys recruit and what you pay your coaches, should be at least 8 to 9 wins before a bowl.

And a down year with what you pay your players is 2011. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2011, 01:38:24 PM »

I think this is a big point everybody is trying to make. Alabama is not perfect by any means. As much as I hate to admit it, Georgia Southern gave Bama's D a run for their money. Of course, when you run a triple option offense, you're going to get some rushing yards against any defense. But honestly? They put up more of a fight than Auburn. And that's total horseshit. Watching that game, no shit, I'm frustrated for you guys. If that was my team, I would be fucking infuriated.

AU has a pretty good coaching staff. Alot better than most teams in DI football, I think. Sure, there is youth. But there should be SOMETHING to show for it. That statement that Yoda made about not landing high profile recruits on the defense, outside of DBs? Seriously? Lemonier? Whitaker? That's 1/2 of the starting DL who are Sophomores, who were in the top 5 in their position coming out of HS. Outside of that, you have another 4* and a 3* as starters. Then you have two 4* guys in Gabe Wright (frosh) and Craig Sanders (sophomore). These guys were studs coming out of HS. Are they busts? What year should you start expecting some results from some highly talented guys? Their senior year?

As far as QB goes, obviously you guys don't have a QB. Why? Trotter is a JR. He has been in this system for 3 years now. Moseley is a Sophomore. He has been in the system 2. While McCarron isn't a worldbeater by any means, he's certainly serviceable. He's a true sophomore. I think that's moreso why people are pissed about the QB play. You have guys that have been in the system 2-3 years. You've had time to evaluate them. You should know whether they will work or not. You shouldn't just arrive at this season and say "Well, shit.....didn't see that coming." Which means you recruit. There may be hope for Frazier, since he gets a pass this season. But if he doesn't perk up? This shit is going to snowball for the next few years. THAT is where alot of anger comes from, I think.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:41:53 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »

Ga. Southern runs an unconventional offense.  And by the way, Saban fucking despises having to play defense against it.  I know for a fact he's turned down games vs teams that run that offense.  The only reason they played Ga Southern is because when they agreed to the game, Ga Southern was a spread Air Raid team.  We got people on this board that believe that flexbone offense wouldn't work in the SEC.  Oh by the way, Ga Southern lost.   

Gus had 2 options vs bammer, who has no real defensive weakness.    Go with the base plan, and pound his head against a brick wall, or try to do something they've not seen on film, and hope something broke loose.  He chose the latter.   He also chose not to run fast pace.  Good call IMHO.  Not that it mattered.

I know I'm wasting my time (not directing that specifically at you GF) saying this...AGAIN...Gus' roots are in the Wing T.  His offense is pretty much the Gun Wing T.  Where the under center Wing T uses ball fakes, hiding the ball with the QB's back turned to the line of scrimmage, and misdirection, Gus uses motion and ball fakes.  Wing T guys philosophy is "I'll run this, until you make the adjustment to stop it, then I'll take advantage of the predictable adjustment."   When Gus doesn't have a run threat at QB, he basically has 5 base runs.  Power, Counter, Zone, Power Sweep, and Speed Sweep.  The speed sweep is severely compromised with no run threat at QB because that's a play he'd prefer to read.  (Remember OMac getting knocked the fuck out by a DE flying up field when faking the speed sweep...that's why...DCs are funneling everything back inside)  It can be run, and we did last night. The power sweep is a countermeasure to the adjustment defenses make to stop Power and Counter.  Trouble is, the only real threat we have is Dyer, and he's running behind a bad OL, so, DCs are not having to adjust to stop power, they can play base, and are willing to let him have 3-4 yards up the middle.  With ZERO threat in the play action passing game because our QBs fucking suck, Gus is left trying to invent ways to get the ball on the edges.   See all the screen and RB flair routes. 

Early in the season, nobody knew our weaknesses.  They had to play us straight up.  By midseason, they knew we had no play action pass threat, and that if they simply kept our run game inside they'd make us one dimensional.  It's why it appears we've regressed.  In reality, we've simply not improved much, and DCs can load the box against us with no worries. 

You can talk about scheme, play calling, "coaching 'em up" all you want.  Gus has jack squat to work with.  I firmly believe that OL will improve greatly with off season workout, and experience.  It will make a huge difference.

QB?  I think we need to be scouring the JUCOs for a QB.  I just have a feeling that Frazier doesn't have it, or they'd have played him more in a conventional role since they burned his red shirt.  I mean shit, if he can't win the job from Trotter and Mosley...what the fuck?  Pike?  Let's hope he's as advertise AND the coaches can keep him out of trouble, but I fear he's the next coming of Stephen Garcia.

Youth isn't an excuse?  Bullshit!  You can't coach 2 or 3 years experience in 1, and you can't cram 2 or 3 offseason workouts in to 1.  It's not merely playing a few games that makes experience. You can't make an 18 year old as physically and mentally mature as a 21 year old, and it's why a Sr. laden team won the BCS title, and why a team that has 71 scolarship players that is 2/3s Fr. and Soph. looks like a bunch of Fr. and Soph.    When you have people falsely claiming teams like LSU and Clemson are as young as we are, you have to know that youth matters for people to tell those lies.  Those teams are not nearly as young as us.  The top 2 teams in the land are arguably LSU and Bammer.  Neither starts a Fr. on either side of the ball.  LSU starts 8 Sr, and Bammer starts 9.  Auburn?  Starts 3 Sr, and 2 Fr.  The 2010 BCS Championship Tigers?  Started 13 Sr (Not counting the Punter), and 1 Fr (Dyer, taking over a Sr's. slot mid-season due to fumbleitis).  Sit in your arm chair and spout off about "youth is no excuse" all you want.   

We've recruited well the last 3 years?  Yes, and they're just now hitting the field.  24 Srs and 2 early NFL high round draft picks were the core last year.  They were getting the playing and practice time. 

Roof, he's had talent, and failed.  Gus made the most of it when he's had it.  Their bodies of work tell me all I need to know about each. 

Call it making excuses, call it whatever you want.   Age, and experience matter and can't be coached.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:42:14 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »
Gus had 2 options vs bammer, who has no real defensive weakness.   
You missed the Ga Southern game, then. Those bastards beat us on the outside so many times, it wasn't even funny. And it wasn't like the defense didn't know it was coming when they had been beaten over the head with it all game long.

It's just hard to swallow the youth and inexperience thing. Alabama still got to 10 wins last season replacing 7 out of 11 guys on defense, and had a mediocre at best offense. And those losses were somewhat close. Played a true freshman, a walk-on, and a few sophomores quite heavily. That's what I think people expect when you're talking youth. Miss on technique here and there. Miss an assignment. Not have that mental toughness to last that extra 5 minutes in a game. Choke in the big game. Etc, etc. Not 30 point blowouts, numerous times in a season. Not running around utterly lost. Youth is an OK thing to have, as long as that talent is actually there, and you have coaches that refine that talent.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:50:48 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler