Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Aggies notify Big 12 they intend to ‘explore options’ on league front

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Time to get this party started.

http://blog.chron.com/aggies/2011/08/aggies-notify-big-12-they-intend-to-explore-options-on-league-front/

COLLEGE STATION – Texas A&M has made its first official move outside of Aggieland in its plans to exit the Big 12 for the Southeastern Conference. The Aggies on Thursday afternoon sent the Big 12 office in Dallas a letter explaining the Aggies are “exploring options related to the institution’s athletic conference affiliation.”

An A&M insider said the letter is simply the first official, legal step in the process of A&M exiting the Big 12 for the SEC. The Big 12’s directors board is scheduled to meet on Saturday, the insider said, and perhaps at that time release the Aggies from the conference. If so, the SEC would then be free in the days following to invite A&M as its 13th member, and the Big 12 likely would officially begin its pursuit of a 10th member to take A&M’s place – perhaps BYU, Notre Dame, Houston or SMU, among other candidates.

A&M’s letter to the Big 12 is similar to the process that Nebraska, now in the Big Ten, followed in its exit from the Big 12 last year (Colorado also left for the Pac-12, leaving the Big 12 with 10 members). In A&M’s letter to Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe, A&M president R. Bowen Loftin “indicated that if the university withdraws from the conference, Texas A&M would do so in a way that complies with the Big 12’s bylaws. Additionally, Texas A&M would be supportive of the Big 12’s efforts to seek a new member of the conference,” according to an A&M release.

Said Loftin in the release, “As I have indicated previously, we are working very deliberately to act in the best long-term interests of both Texas A&M and the State of Texas. This truly is a 100-year decision. While we understand the desire of all parties to quickly reach a resolution, these are extremely complex issues that we are addressing methodically.”

Loftin added, “Ultimately, we are seeking to generate greater visibility nationwide for Texas A&M and our championship-caliber student-athletes, as well as secure the necessary and stable financial resources to support our athletic and academic programs. As a public university, Texas A&M owes it to the state’s taxpayers to maximize our assets and generate additional revenues both now and well into the future.”

No timetable has been set for an announcement that A&M will join the SEC, as the Aggies continue working through the legal process, the insider said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Faggies do nothing for me.  I see no reason to expand in the first place but if it's got to happen, they'd be way down my list.  Fuck an Aggie
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
The Faggies do nothing for me.  I see no reason to expand in the first place but if it's got to happen, they'd be way down my list.  Fuck an Aggie
The more this thing lingers, the less I like the idea.

Don't like the idea of expansion at all, much less for a 13th team, much less for someone as mediocre as aTm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I thought this was over. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
If this goes down how much you wanna bet they go after SMU. Another powder puff football program that Texas can run rough shot over. God I hate the Big 12 light-
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Just another team wearing maroon/crimpsum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
If they must come, they should bring Oklahomo with them, so Auburn can move to the East.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
The more this thing lingers, the less I like the idea.

much less for someone as mediocre as aTm.

Your kidding right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
Your kidding right?
'splain.

Are you saying they're better than mediocre?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Your kidding right?
Sani is right. As mediocre as they SEEM, statistically speaking they are above average. They have just been mediocre lately, much like Syracuse. They're a Top 20 All Time program.

http://football.stassen.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Sani is right. As mediocre as they SEEM, statistically speaking they are above average. They have just been mediocre lately, much like Syracuse. They're a Top 20 All Time program.

Yeah, that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer

By your own source (actual relevant info here) they are 24th in Win Percentage.

Behind Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, and Florida in the SEC. In other words, bottom half. Three spots above Arkansas. Hardly great.

Others above them in that list: Miami-Ohio, Washington, Arizona State, Central Michigan, Colorado...

Just sayin', they've been Texas & Oklahoma's doormat for as long as I can remember.

Haven't had less than 4 losses since 1994 (2 years they had three, but the record shows they actually had at least one win vacated in both of those years).

I think they water down the SEC (in football at least) more than they strengthen it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:56:02 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8

Behind Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, and Florida in the SEC. In other words, bottom half. Three spots above Arkansas. Hardly great.

Others above them in that list: Miami-Ohio, Washington, Arizona State, Central Michigan, Colorado...

Just sayin', they've been Texas & Oklahoma's doormat for as long as I can remember.

Haven't had less than 4 losses since 1994 (2 years they had three, but the record shows they actually had at least one win vacated in both of those years).

I think they water down the SEC (in football at least) more than they strengthen it.

If you exclude Yale and Boise St  OR  go by Wins (which is what most do in this regard), they are top 20.

And yes, I agree with everything you said. Top 20 or Top 25, either way I don't want them. They DO water the SEC down. They'e been very average the last 15 years in a very average conference. And frankly, they're crazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master

Well part of the problem is you are too young to remember it.  Who are you going to bring in at this point that really does not water it down and you gain television market?
Remember at the end of the day that's what is going to sell anyone coming in.  So with the Faggies you gain a huge fan base and an even larger television market. 
Their standards will come up. 
Remember Bear was there, so the knowledge of how to cheat is firmly entrenched in their culture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
If you exclude Yale and Boise St  OR  go by Wins (which is what most do in this regard), they are top 20.
Have you still not looked at your own source?

Yale and Boise St. are not on that list.

They are both at the bottom under "Teams not qualifying for the Win % Table".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Screw expansion.  Why mess with a good thing?  Just more hurdles to get over to win the league.

If it happens, the teams that have been mentioned most prominently over the last month or so have been:

Texas A&M
FSU
Virginia Tech
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Miami

We know Miami is out.  Out of that list, I'd most like to see FSU and Georgia Tech, who already have built in yearly rivalries with SEC teams and they fit geographically.  Plus, the TV markets are pretty stout.  TexASS A&M just makes no damn sense and makes for one hell of a long road trip for everyone except maybe LSU.  I just don't get the thought process here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Screw expansion.  Why mess with a good thing?  Just more hurdles to get over to win the league.

If it happens, the teams that have been mentioned most prominently over the last month or so have been:

Texas A&M
FSU
Virginia Tech
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Miami

We know Miami is out.  Out of that list, I'd most like to see FSU and Georgia Tech, who already have built in yearly rivalries with SEC teams and they fit geographically. 

The SEC already has coverage in both of those tv markets.  Texas and the DC beltway is where the SEC does not have a grip yet. 
GT will never do it.  There is a reason they left to begin with.  They're pussies.
FSU had their chance in the 80's and they didn't take it.  They're pussies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer

Texas A&M
FSU
Virginia Tech
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Miami

We know Miami is out.  Out of that list, I'd most like to see FSU and Georgia Tech, who already have built in yearly rivalries with SEC teams and they fit geographically.  Plus, the TV markets are pretty stout.  TexASS A&M just makes no damn sense and makes for one hell of a long road trip for everyone except maybe LSU.  I just don't get the thought process here.
What TV market? The market in the state of Florida which is already led by UF? There are no GT fans in Atlanta. Only Bulldogs in that entire state.

Just sayin.

The only option of those from a "Market" standpoint is A&M, but really who gives a fuck? That money's not going in our pockets.

I care about the prestige of the SEC. I want an SEC team in the National Championship game every year. A&M isn't going to help that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
The SEC already has coverage in both of those tv markets.  Texas and the DC beltway is where the SEC does not have a grip yet. 
GT will never do it.  There is a reason they left to begin with.  They're pussies.
FSU had their chance in the 80's and they didn't take it.  They're pussies.
It's like you're in my head but faster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions