funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Have you still not looked at your own source?

Yale and Boise St. are not on that list.

They are both at the bottom under "Teams not qualifying for the Win % Table".

Here is the one I did just by wins, excluding teams not considered major or D-I now or at the start of the span.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=1869&end=2010&rpct=30&min=5&ss=on&se=on&c1a=on&by=Wins

I do see where they slip to 23rd on Winning % under the same criteria. To me, the wins is more of an indicator of a good program since it is sustained. Boise St has the best Winning % the last 50 years but by no means are they a Top 25 program all time.

Basically, my point here is that of all the major schools the last 150 years, they are roughly a Top 20 program. Out of 120 Current D1 schools, that's above average. Too bad, that's not gonna be good enough IMHO. I'm with you, either go big or don't go at all. Aggie is just not big enough in stature anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
That money's not going in our pockets.

How do you figure that? 

Conferences negotiate their television contracts based on what projected viewership will be.  Bigger T.V. contracts mean bigger individual payouts to each school.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:16:29 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The SEC already has coverage in both of those tv markets.  Texas and the DC beltway is where the SEC does not have a grip yet. 
GT will never do it.  There is a reason they left to begin with.  They're pussies.
FSU had their chance in the 80's and they didn't take it.  They're pussies.

If it's all about the market, then to hell with the whole idea.  College football in general is getting way out of control. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
If you judge a school more by over 20 years ago than you do the last 20 years, you might be a bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
How do you figure that? 

Conferences negotiate their television contracts based on what projected viewership will be.  Bigger T.V. contracts mean bigger individual payouts to each school.
Our meaning mine and yours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

If you judge a school more by over 20 years ago than you do the last 20 years, you might be a bammer.

It's more directed at the inference that Aggie is a "mediocre program". Usually "program" is spoken in the context of their entire existence from start to present. Just saying that technically speaking, they are not a "mediocre program", but yes they have been mediocre the last 15 years or so. I probably am more against them joining the SEC than you. They offer nothing in the hear and now. I don't see anything they add but TV market. Screw that. Like Snaggle said, this is suppose to be about football, not fucking TV deals. If we add them to get TV market ONLY, then we've done ourselves a disservice as a conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
If it's all about the market, then to hell with the whole idea.  College football in general is getting way out of control.

I don't disagree that it's out of control but you know as well as I do it's exactly about the money. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
It's more directed at the inference that Aggie is a "mediocre program". Usually "program" is spoken in the context of their entire existence from start to present. Just saying that technically speaking, they are not a "mediocre program", but yes they have been mediocre the last 15 years or so. I probably am more against them joining the SEC than you. They offer nothing in the hear and now. I don't see anything they add but TV market. Screw that. Like Snaggle said, this is suppose to be about football, not fucking TV deals. If we add them to get TV market ONLY, then we've done ourselves a disservice as a conference.

Before Mac Brown got to Texas you could have easily said that Texas was mediocre if you use the same standards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

Before Mac Brown got to Texas you could have easily said that Texas was mediocre if you use the same standards.

True.

Texas was slightly above avg in the 80's and extremely mediocre in the 90's. They were a top 5 program by wins despite that, but still could have been seen as mediocre at the time. Good point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
How do you figure that? 

I honeslty believe the way this thing is headed, an arms race to get the biggest deal, more millions etc. is going to lead to every year being just like this one.  NCAA scandals at the forefront of the news throughout college football.  Cheating has always been a part of the culture but as you continue to turn this game into nothing more than big business (Which it already is) the stakes become higher and the need to out do the other guy becomes greater. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
I honeslty believe the way this thing is headed, an arms race to get the biggest deal, more millions etc. is going to lead to every year being just like this one.  NCAA scandals at the forefront of the news throughout college football.  Cheating has always been a part of the culture but as you continue to turn this game into nothing more than big business (Which it already is) the stakes become higher and the need to out do the other guy becomes greater.

I agree completely with this.  Luckily we will still be at 12 teams when aTm comes in. 
The updykes should have received the death penalty by that point. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

What the fuck do you think it's about?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
What the fuck do you think it's about?

I know what it's about.  Stop being an butthole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

I know what it's about.  Stop being an butthole.

Liar liar pants on fire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Liar liar pants on fire.

Oh yeah?  Says you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
No to GT - with Dodd they fancied themselves the ND of the south, too good for a conference - they deserve no better than the acc
The last time the SEC expanded, they let in the ex-SWC alma mater of a governor knocking out a one-term president - I'm fine with aTm if history repeats
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Put aTm in the East, this year...they'd be playing uat in the SEC Championship Game, of course they'd get clobbered by uat, but that's beside the point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs