Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SEC Staying at 12 Teams

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
SEC Staying at 12 Teams
« on: August 14, 2011, 04:45:34 PM »
Per CBSSports:

The SEC has just finished its scheduled meeting of its presidents and chancellors, and unfortunately for secession-minded Texas A&M fans, the conference is staying put at 12 teams (for now). Here's the full statement just released by SEC presidents and chancellors chair (and Florida president) Bernie Manchen:

“The SEC Presidents and Chancellors met today and reaffirmed our satisfaction with the present 12 institutional alignment. We recognize, however, that future conditions may make it advantageous to expand the number of institutions in the league. We discussed criteria and process associated with expansion. No action was taken with respect to any institution including Texas A&M.”

If there's any solace to be taken by Texas A&M fans, it's that the wording of the statement leaves open the possibility of Texas A&M joining the SEC sometime down the road. No action was taken by the SEC with Texas A&M, after all, so if the conference does add teams Texas A&M might still be getting a call.

It's also worth pointing out that Texas A&M has yet to authorize its own president to negotiate its conference standing; that action is set to take place Monday. Texas A&M is also, of course, still a member of the Big 12; it may not even be legal for the SEC to invite the Aggies at this point.

In other words, the "future conditions" Manchen talks about may be as simple as Texas A&M applying to the SEC, or setting an end date to its affiliation to the Big 12. They may be something else entirely, of course, and Manchen isn't about to elaborate on that topic any more than he has to. This issue probably isn't put to bed yet. But for now, Texas A&M is stuck with Dan Beebe and the Big 12, the conference that wanted them all along.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:46:28 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: SEC Staying at 12 Teams
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 07:11:46 PM »
 :sec:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
 :kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 06:30:55 AM »
It ain't over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 06:43:58 AM »
This was probably the SEC's way of making sure that aTm understands who the big baller is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 07:28:19 AM »
This was probably the SEC's way of making sure that aTm understands who the big baller is.

My guess would be they didn't have another program absolutely ready to come in an even it up...left the whole thing open for next year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 08:00:11 AM »
I guess the SEC needs to wait for the hammer to drop, so they can just stay at 12.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 08:51:46 AM »
My guess would be they didn't have another program absolutely ready to come in an even it up...left the whole thing open for next year.

This would be my guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 12:05:21 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 07:44:16 AM »
The junk on the left favors mine.
It just looks big only because you're a stick figure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions