« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2013, 02:45:49 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: 720 in the pipeline????
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2013, 07:29:35 AM »
Stick this one under the category of Rumormill buuuuut,

Supposed leaked specs on the new Xbox...it will read greek to alot of you, and I got most of it, but GF will truly appreciate it.. if it's true..

CPU:
•x64 Architecture
•8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
•each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
•each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
•each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
•each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock

GPU:
•custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
•12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
•each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
•at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
•High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present

Storage and Memory:
•8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
•32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
•from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
•Hard drive is always present
•50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive

Networking:
•Gigabit Ethernet
•Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct

Hardware Accelerators:
•Move engines
•Image, video, and audio codecs
•Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
•Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2013, 05:28:52 PM »
Stick this one under the category of Rumormill buuuuut,

Supposed leaked specs on the new Xbox...it will read greek to alot of you, and I got most of it, but GF will truly appreciate it.. if it's true..

CPU:
•x64 Architecture
•8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
•each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
•each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
•each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
•each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock

GPU:
•custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
•12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
•each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
•at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
•High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present

Storage and Memory:
•8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
•32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
•from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
•Hard drive is always present
•50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive

Networking:
•Gigabit Ethernet
•Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct

Hardware Accelerators:
•Move engines
•Image, video, and audio codecs
•Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
•Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
8 fucking cores!!!?!?

Translation: FUCKING FAST.

Problem I see: That machine built would be roughly $1,500 duckets.  They won't be at that price point.... I am sure.  Of course they also have larger buying power.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2013, 09:31:04 AM »
8 fucking cores!!!?!?

Translation: FUCKING FAST.

That was the part that really jumped out to me as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2013, 03:29:04 PM »
Wonder how much memory is slated for the GPU, surprised it doesn't mention that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2013, 07:10:06 AM »
Wonder how much memory is slated for the GPU, surprised it doesn't mention that.

Another reason why I posted it with the caveat of rumormill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2013, 07:17:21 AM »

Microsoft's next Xbox, AKA Durango, will have much better speech detection, according to sources at the Verge. That includes natural language detection, which will allow the Xbox to process normal speech patterns, similar to Apple's Siri. So, for example, instead of saying "Xbox, play 3," you might simply say, "Xbox, where can I watch The X-Files?"

Furthermore, users may be able to turn the new Xbox on using only voice. Speech-to-text is also a possibility, which would allow users to, say, compose Xbox Live messages using only voice. The Verge also mentions a possible function that would allow the Kinect to detect the number of people in a room and suggest suitable multiplayer games.

An improved Kinect, possibly bundled with or built into the next Xbox, has been expected for quite some time now. As such, it's not much of a stretch to assume the upgraded device would feature improved voice recognition in addition to improved physical recognition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2013, 01:32:58 PM »
Xbox.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2275067/Microsoft-Xbox-720-BLOCK-second-hand-video-games.html#axzz2KQaaNnyv

No more borrowing from your friends! New Xbox ‘to BLOCK second-hand video games’
-Move would mean end to second-hand market
-Users could have to verify their identity every time they play a game
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2013, 10:19:33 PM »
Just an update to this thread.

Most of you already know that the new console is called the Xbox One.  They announced the price of it yesterday at E3:  $499.99.

It will be available in November 2013, and there are a few stores that are letting you pre-order it:  Amazon ("standard" option only, whatever that means), Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Gamestop.  Gamestop requires that you put down a $100 deposit in-store; there is no online option.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2013, 11:48:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2013, 11:49:21 AM »
The winner?  PS4

Windows 8 is an abomination.  a.bomb.in.ation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
Plus the XBOX One is Hal9000, so there's that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2013, 04:33:54 AM »
Gotta say if everything stays status quo looks like PS is going to win this round of console wars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2013, 11:47:49 AM »
Gotta say if everything stays status quo looks like PS is going to win this round of console wars.

Maybe...

The price difference is not truly $100.  The Xbox One comes with a Kinect unit; the PS4 does not come with an Eye unit.  The Eye has to be bought separately for $59, so if you have any interest in the Kinect/Eye capabilities, then you're looking at only about a $40 difference.

The other biggest negative for Microsoft is the used game issue.  However, they're working with Gamestop, Gamefly, and similar companies so that they can still resell old games.  According to Microsoft, you will be able to sell your games and buy used copies of games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2013, 12:46:59 PM »
Maybe...

The price difference is not truly $100.  The Xbox One comes with a Kinect unit; the PS4 does not come with an Eye unit.  The Eye has to be bought separately for $59, so if you have any interest in the Kinect/Eye capabilities, then you're looking at only about a $40 difference.

The other biggest negative for Microsoft is the used game issue.  However, they're working with Gamestop, Gamefly, and similar companies so that they can still resell old games.  According to Microsoft, you will be able to sell your games and buy used copies of games.

For me, it's the "connect every 24 hours to the internet" that I don't like.  So if I'm working at a hotel that has shitty wi-fi, I can't play the XBone?  Fuck that.  And MS's answer is "well, we have a product that doesn't require Internet service, it's called the Xbox 360."

Big fucking mistake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2013, 02:21:59 PM »
But the XBOX One exclusive game is Zoomba Fitness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2013, 06:50:34 PM »
But the XBOX One exclusive game is Zoomba Fitness.
Sold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »

Yep I agree. Disappointed in MS on this version.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2013, 10:39:41 PM »
So if I'm working at a hotel that has shitty wi-fi, I can't play the XBone?

Nah, you can always play with your XBone in any hotel, internet or not.  You may need to rely on your imagination a little more, but it can be done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2013, 09:20:25 AM »
Nah, you can always play with your XBone in any hotel, internet or not.  You may need to rely on your imagination a little more, but it can be done.

Do you get a bunch of lotion and shoot it on your face?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum