Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Xbox1

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: 720 in the pipeline????
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 12:30:33 PM »
Back to X-Box. 

Can't get mine to connect to internet.  Every single other fucking thing in the house works fine. 

PS3?  No problem.  Laptops, iPads, iPhones, Nooks, TV, printers, all have no problem. 

But X-Box?  Piece of Shit Box.  Was connected.  Now won't.  Tried it wirelessly and tried it wired.  Fail.   Never gets past the first test. 

Do everything their idiotic help screens say and it never gets past the Network connection in this graphic. An X shows up over the Network plug:

The ignorant fucking thing tells me to reboot my router.  Yeah.  Everything else in the house works fine so it's CLEARLY the router. 

XBox sucks.  That's the problem here. 

Any known issues with connectivity?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 12:32:55 PM »
Agreed.  That show was bad ass and something I looked forward to every week...especially the opening where the girls titties were bouncing.  Always a great guest star on as well.

And the theme song was the shit.

Friday nights in the 80's were Dallas and Miami Vice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »
Back to X-Box. 

Can't get mine to connect to internet.  Every single other fucking thing in the house works fine. 

PS3?  No problem.  Laptops, iPads, iPhones, Nooks, TV, printers, all have no problem. 

But X-Box?  Piece of Shit Box.  Was connected.  Now won't.  Tried it wirelessly and tried it wired.  Fail.   Never gets past the first test. 

Do everything their idiotic help screens say and it never gets past the Network connection in this graphic. An X shows up over the Network plug:

The ignorant fucking thing tells me to reboot my router.  Yeah.  Everything else in the house works fine so it's CLEARLY the router. 

User Error.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 01:11:14 PM »
Back to X-Box. 

Microsoft installed anti-virus software on the XBox 360 which detects if a PS3 is connected to your network.  If one is detected, then it shuts down the XBox's network capabilities in order to prevent imminent loss of sensitive information from PS3 usage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 01:31:01 PM »
Microsoft installed anti-virus software on the XBox 360 which detects if a PS3 is connected to your network.  If one is detected, then it shuts down the XBox's network capabilities in order to prevent imminent loss of sensitive information from PS3 usage.

That shit is funny as hell!

I have never had any problems with connection so I am not sure what to tell you except Bill Gates does not like you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2012, 01:38:42 PM »
Whenever I get problems, my first step is to reboot the router and the cable modem.

I've had wifi working perfectly on my iPhone, but not my laptop.  Reboot the modem and router, and then laptop starts working again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »
Whenever I get problems, my first step is to reboot the router and the cable modem.

I've had wifi working perfectly on my iPhone, but not my laptop.  Reboot the modem and router, and then laptop starts working again.

Was about to say this. Sometimes there is just a hangup in acquiring a network connection. Ive had it happen on Droid, iPhone, Dell Laptop, Xbox, etc - where only one of them is having an issue. Rebooting everything in the chain of command (modem, router, device) solves it everytime. And Kaos knows this - he just wants to use it as a reason to bitch about the Xbox because he is mad he couldn't get KISS summer tour tickets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 02:09:41 PM »
Was about to say this. Sometimes there is just a hangup in acquiring a network connection. Ive had it happen on Droid, iPhone, Dell Laptop, Xbox, etc - where only one of them is having an issue. Rebooting everything in the chain of command (modem, router, device) solves it everytime. And Kaos knows this - he just wants to use it as a reason to bitch about the Xbox because he is mad he couldn't get KISS summer tour tickets.

I got tix.  Don't think I don't. 

And the guy who was going to work backstage access for me in New Orleans?  I got it in B'ham.  Will be behind the curtain doing photos and food with the legends and then have row 2 seats when the fun starts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 02:26:38 PM »
  Will be behind the curtain doing photos and food with the legends and then have row 2 seats when the fun starts.

You are gonna do the food for them?  What do they like?  You don't have to worry about the ham being too big for the bread do you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »

You are gonna do the food for them?  What do they like?  You don't have to worry about the ham being too big for the bread do you?

Gene and Paul are Jewish.  Ham probably not on the menu. 

I'm at least as stoked to maybe see Shannon as anything.  Supposedly she's going to ride the entire tour out to keep Gene on the monogamous path. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »
I got tix.  Don't think I don't. 

And the guy who was going to work backstage access for me in New Orleans?  I got it in B'ham.  Will be behind the curtain doing photos and food with the legends and then have row 2 seats when the fun starts.

You totally forgot about the Christmas (holiday, since he is Jewish) Party with Gene didn't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
You totally forgot about the Christmas (holiday, since he is Jewish) Party with Gene didn't you?

This Christmas? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »
This Christmas?

Yes....it was a great time. Gene is really cool to talk to in a private setting. Ask him his thoughts on Obama - hilarious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »
Yes....it was a great time. Gene is really cool to talk to in a private setting. Ask him his thoughts on Obama - hilarious.

Who did you dress up as?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 11:04:36 AM »

Who did you dress up as?

Hell, Gene wasn't even dressed up. Although I could imagine Kaos making an entry to Detroit Rock City dressed as Ace and Gene going "Who the fuck is this guy and why is he dressed like that?"

Low key gathering. He has a good friend/relative by marriage that I also know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 11:05:12 AM »

Didn't forget.  Never got info. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 11:10:42 AM »
Didn't forget.  Never got info.

Well, I wasn't sure if you would show up in full cat garb with tongue hanging out whilst attempting to set off pyrotechnics, and get us kicked out. I couldn't take that chance friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »

The next generation of consoles starts in 2013, if all goes according to developers’ plans. In an anonymous questionnaire, multiple industry professionals told IGN that they plan to release games for the next Microsoft and Sony consoles before January 1, 2014.

Multiple developers also intend to launch software for an unannounced platform next year.  ???

To further signal the winding down of the current console generation, approximately 60% of respondents have no plans to release games for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or Nintendo Wii after 2013. Of course, this means some 40% intend to keep at current-gen releases after next year. To that point, an anonymous developer told IGN, “I would not be surprised if something atypical cannibalizes the market, maybe even the Xbox 360 itself.”

From a hardware perspective, nearly 80% of respondents said Microsoft’s next console is the easiest to work with, and the overwhelming majority suspect it will be the sales leader over the next five years.  :)

This presents an interesting opportunity for the next Xbox: It could come out of the gate with an established online framework in the form of Xbox Live, of course, with the potential to launch with a strong software lineup from eager and capable creators. After the self-destructive launch of the PlayStation Vita, Sony may not be able to convince developers that their games will sell. Having an impressive opening must be on Microsoft’s mind more than ever, and having a console that's easy to work with could help.

The ease of use compared to other consoles is assuredly attractive, too. By comparison, 63% of developers who spoke to IGN said the Wii U would be the most challenging platform to develop for. One creator went as far as saying, “we won’t be working on Wii U due to these complexities,” while another lamented the difficulty of moving innovative games unique to Wii U to other platforms. This poses the question: Will Nintendo once again need to rely primarily on first-party games to propel platform success? At any rate, the Wii U’s 2012 release window gives it a distinct advantage: time.

If the next generation of Xbox and PlayStation really starts next year, Nintendo will have given developers such extensive time to work on Wii U titles prior to another platform’s release that they may adapt to and embrace the platform regardless of complexities.

Microsoft has said outright the next Xbox will not be at E3 2012. Sony said the same thing about the PlayStation 4. But with developers meeting about Durango, and Orbis rumors running rampant, we know the wheels are in motion. While we may not see hardware, or even learn the names of the inevitable next-gen consoles at E3, that's not to say Nintendo's push for 2012 will keep everyone else quiet about progress.

Hardware successors are on the minds of developers using them, so you can bet it's on the minds of Microsoft and Sony -- and with titles tentatively launching next year for new consoles, you can expect to learn more sooner than later.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2012, 07:19:47 AM »
There is a lot of buzz that the new xbox is being pushed for a September 2013 release.  No official news releases as of yet though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions