Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jeepers Creepers, what is your creepiest moment?

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Jeepers Creepers, what is your creepiest moment?
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 10:23:57 AM »
When I had my first anxiety attack....I don't know what it feels like to die, but this is how I imagined it would.  Very very scary!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 12:12:47 PM »
My dad and I were getting ready to go fishing pre-dawn when I was about 8.  I'm looking up while he is digging around in the boat and all of a sudden the sky lit up from horizon to horizon.  There was an odd sound, it sounded like the noise made by a big bottle rocket and something bright went by about 100 feet of the ground.  I'm assuming that it was ball lightning, but it freaked me right out.

I have seen one of those. When I was around 20 or so. That was some freaky shit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 12:20:38 PM »
Seriously? Jaws?

The creepiest thing I have ever experienced is sleep paralysis.  I have had a couple of bouts with it.  You wake up, can't move, can't speak, it's hard to breath, you can only make a small noise, if even that and sometimes you when you are dreaming, you can hallucinate and see something from it. 

Call me crazy, but there have been a couple of episodes that I could have sworn were real.  Just an example but once there was someone there, I couldn't see them, but could feel them moving towards me and they didn't have good intentions. The real scary part for me is that I have thought, if I could reach my wife she could wake me up, but I can't move.  When you finally do and you shoot straight up and punch or kick involuntary it scares the shit out of your spouse.   

This is some crazy shit. This has happened to me one time I think. It was when I was in high school. I was just laying on my bed, not for the night or anything, and slipped into some sub-conscience episode. When it first started, I could faintly hear voices...so I focused on the voices and slipped further in. I started hearing the voices more clearly, but it wasn't human voices...and they weren't speaking any language I have ever heard. And there were two groups...it sounded like angels and demons. And they were fighting. I felt like I had my eyes open. I could see my room and I could feel myself laying on the bed but I couldn't stop the voices. I was going nuts. I tried to wake up...I couldn't. I tried to move...nope. I tried to scream and I had no voice. It was the freakiest shit I have ever experienced.

Still, to this day, almost 20 years later, I can sometimes find myself on the verge of sleep, and getting in that state of mind. I quickly sit up and turn the TV on so I don't hear anything. It freaked me the fuck out...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 12:28:21 PM »
This is some crazy shit. This has happened to me one time I think. It was when I was in high school. I was just laying on my bed, not for the night or anything, and slipped into some sub-conscience episode. When it first started, I could faintly hear voices...so I focused on the voices and slipped further in. I started hearing the voices more clearly, but it wasn't human voices...and they weren't speaking any language I have ever heard. And there were two groups...it sounded like angels and demons. And they were fighting. I felt like I had my eyes open. I could see my room and I could feel myself laying on the bed but I couldn't stop the voices. I was going nuts. I tried to wake up...I couldn't. I tried to move...nope. I tried to scream and I had no voice. It was the freakiest shit I have ever experienced.

Still, to this day, almost 20 years later, I can sometimes find myself on the verge of sleep, and getting in that state of mind. I quickly sit up and turn the TV on so I don't hear anything. It freaked me the fuck out...

Sounds exactly like it.  You would swear you are nuts, when it's all over with, but apparently according to my sleep doc, it's a lot more common than I thought.   I have a hard time breathing as well when it happens.  My chest is so tight I feel like I am suffocating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 12:33:35 PM »
I have a hard time breathing as well when it happens.  My chest is so tight I feel like I am suffocating.

Tell the dude that's dressed up like batman to not tie you up so tightly next time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »

Tell the dude that's dressed up like batman to not tie you up so tightly next time.

I will.........wait, you son of a.....you been peeking in my windows too?

I was taking ambien at one point to help me sleep.  I take one about 8 one evening, go lay down, and bam, sleep.  My wife came to bed about an hour later and told me the next morning that I sat straight up, looked at her and this took place

AUT1: Hey, babe, stop that woman!
Mrs. AUT1:  What woman?
AUT1: That woman right there, at the end of the bed!
Mrs. AUT1: What are you taking about?
AUT1: Dammit woman!  She is stealing your clothes! (lays back down and zzzzzz........)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
Used to sleep walk a lot.  For some reason I haven't done it in quite a few years.  The worst episode was one night when I was at Auburn when I was living by myself one summer quarter.  Woke up one morning and lay there in bed, knowing something just wasn't quite right.  I kept looking around the room, wondering what was so different.  Then, when I moved around, I realized I'm laying on my box spring.  WTHay?

What did I do last night?  Where is my mattress?  Then it occurs to me about the very vivid dream I had about an army coming over the hill in front of my apartment and how I needed to bar the door.  I sat up and slowly peeked around to my front door.  Yep, there was my mattress leaning up against it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 01:20:22 PM »
Used to sleep walk a lot.  For some reason I haven't done it in quite a few years.  The worst episode was one night when I was at Auburn when I was living by myself one summer quarter.  Woke up one morning and lay there in bed, knowing something just wasn't quite right.  I kept looking around the room, wondering what was so different.  Then, when I moved around, I realized I'm laying on my box spring.  WTHay?

What did I do last night?  Where is my mattress?  Then it occurs to me about the very vivid dream I had about an army coming over the hill in front of my apartment and how I needed to bar the door.  I sat up and slowly peeked around to my front door.  Yep, there was my mattress leaning up against it.
:clap: :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 01:24:20 PM »

I *snicker* 'ed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 01:26:41 PM »
Screw all of you.  It kept that army out, didn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 01:27:04 PM »

Yeah I liked to drop every now and then as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »

Yeah I liked to drop every now and then as well.

Old habits die hard
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 08:17:25 PM »

Had a couple of sleep paralysis episodes in college.  The most vivid found me awake, paralyzed and hearing a growling from the end of the bed.  Just when I thought I couldn't stand it anymore, I felt the corner of the bed snap back to shape (as though someone/thing LARGE had been sitting there) and the door slammed shut.

Crazy shit. 

Disclaimer: we did lots of drugs in college.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 08:34:57 PM »
Had a couple of sleep paralysis episodes in college.  The most vivid found me awake, paralyzed and hearing a growling from the end of the bed.  Just when I thought I couldn't stand it anymore, I felt the corner of the bed snap back to shape (as though someone/thing LARGE had been sitting there) and the door slammed shut.

Crazy shit. 

Dude, that was just me trying to give you a wetty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 08:48:53 PM »
Dude, that was just me trying to give you a wetty.

Do or do not...there is no try.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 09:02:45 PM »
Do or do not...there is no try.

Well, if you weren't so damn picky, then maybe I could turn you on more easily.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 12:18:20 AM »

Crazy shit. 

First the exchange between you and VV was gold.

Second, have you had an episode since college?  Mine started bout 15 or 16 and will still have episodes.  They are not as common as they once were.  During a sleep study for my sleep apnea, the doctor told me what it was, and that I wasn't crazy and how to deal with it so they are less frequent.

Bed growling huh?  Now I don't feel so bad between that and what WE has said.   I have seen dark shadowy figures standing over me and hear them laughing.  Last time it was an outline from somone on TV I had been watching.  Couldn't put my finger on it but it was real familiar.  Weird stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 12:30:11 AM »
Driving over some old wooden train trussles, in the woods around West Blockton, at night above a revien.  Having to line the 36" Super Swampers up with cross ties....there were about 12 trussles that we went over that night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 10:58:17 AM »
First the exchange between you and VV was gold.

Second, have you had an episode since college?  Mine started bout 15 or 16 and will still have episodes.  They are not as common as they once were.  During a sleep study for my sleep apnea, the doctor told me what it was, and that I wasn't crazy and how to deal with it so they are less frequent.

Bed growling huh?  Now I don't feel so bad between that and what WE has said.   I have seen dark shadowy figures standing over me and hear them laughing.  Last time it was an outline from somone on TV I had been watching.  Couldn't put my finger on it but it was real familiar.  Weird stuff.

There is no doubt in my mind I would have more episodes if I let myself. For some reason, it is something that I can feel coming. And when I do feel it coming, I stop it quickly. That shit freaked me out and I want no part in it again...

Because to be honest, I am pretty sure that I had an episode of sleep paralysis, however, I can't be 100% sure. What if that shit really is a look into some kind of world we can't see unless you are in some kind of "sleep" state. What if what "experts" say is sleep paralysis, is able to see things not of this world? For the record, I don't necessarily believe that...but I am also not 100% sure sold on what it is either. Either way, I want no part of it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »
Spencer fell at school two weeks ago and hit his head on a small table.  Just a small bump, no LOC, claimed his head did not hurt, no throwing up, no other issues. 

That night, he got up three times and told us that funny things were coming out from under his bed and flying around his room, and would we please make them go away. 

Now every night since then, he says "Good night and please make sure the funny things don't wake me up..."

:blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions