Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jeepers Creepers, what is your creepiest moment?

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Jeepers Creepers, what is your creepiest moment?
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »
So I was thinking about the Heebie Jeebie thread and the Kathryn Tucker Windham thread and was wondering...... what is the creepiest/eerie/scariest thing you have ever experienced?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Jeepers Creepers, what is your creepiest moment?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »
That one time when Titan Tiger spiked my warn meter.  I thought I was going to lose Barn access for sure.

Not a good time in my life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
sooo...My sister and I are on our way home from college. But the trip starts turning dangerous as we see a man in a trench coat and a hat that covers his face dumping something down a pipe. We recognize him as the man who tried to run us off the road earlier and go see what he dumped after he leaves, but what we discover is too terrifying for us. We get help from a crazy woman who has too many cats and a psychic before we realize what's been chasing us is an ancient demon known as the Creeper who eats people to regenerate his parts and he sees something in one of us that he wants for his snack.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 01:32:59 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »
Watching "The Ring". 
I can honestly say that I have never been in any creepy situation that bothered me but that fucking movie fucked with my head for a couple of days. 
Loved horror movies growing up but never got scared in them.  Use to go into any abandoned "haunted house" on a dare or not.  no problem. 
But that damn movie fucked me up......Course maybe it was cause that bitch needed a bath.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »
Watching "The Ring". 
I can honestly say that I have never been in any creepy situation that bothered me but that fucking movie fucked with my head for a couple of days. 
Loved horror movies growing up but never got scared in them.  Use to go into any abandoned "haunted house" on a dare or not.  no problem. 
But that damn movie fucked me up......Course maybe it was cause that bitch needed a bath.

Speaking of movies, I know this will make some people  :facepalm: but remember...I'm old as dirt.

When Jaws came out in the theaters, there had never been anything like that before on the big screen.  The theaters were absolutely packed for weeks and that movie had an incredible effect on people at the time.  I remember going home after that movie....I'm in Montgomery....3 hours from the beach....and I slept with one eye open...watching for that bastard and listening for Florida's chant music. 

The worst part of that whole film was the very first scene where the girl goes swimming at night, boyfriend passed out on the beach.  When that shark starts popping her and she goes into a panic....yeah...I got the creepie heebie jeebies. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 02:02:14 PM »
I remember when my parents went to see Jaws because my dad came home from the movies with a sprained thumb.  He was cracking his knuckles when the head popped out from under the boat, and my mom grabbed his hand so hard that it popped his thumb out.

I am like Joey on Friends - I keep my copy of The Shining in the freezer.  To this day, I will not read that book unless I am sitting next to Carl in bed, or he is within touching distance.  The movie was meh level scary, but the book literally scares the shit out of me.  The hedge animals chasing the little boy still creeps me out - they were stalking him... and in the book, the intensity just ramps up and ramps up until you are wired so tight a sudden noise will make you jump six feet.  My imagination can conjure up images and emotions worse than anything on a movie screen.  Salem's Lot was that way too - the movie was a fucking JOKE - I literally laughed through it... HORRID.  But the book?  Whoa.  The scene when the vamp kid is scratching on the screen wanting to be invited in?  Well, when I was in high school, there was a rose bush outside my window... I did not sleep for two days after reading Salem's Lot... I would drift off and *scrtich scritch* on the screen... BOOM!  On goes the bedside lamp...

SO to me, it's books, not movies.  And other than the one Red Lady story, I have not had a paranormal experience.  Carl and I stayed in a haunted plantation home/B&B one time in Louisiana, but we arrived late and did not hear the stories until the next morning after breakfast - turned out we were in one of the haunted rooms and did not know it.  C was pissed, thinking he missed his chance - he would LOVE to see a ghost.  The only thing scary about that room was how horrible the mattress was - i think it was Civil War issue.  Unbelievably bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 02:06:19 PM »
My dad and I were getting ready to go fishing pre-dawn when I was about 8.  I'm looking up while he is digging around in the boat and all of a sudden the sky lit up from horizon to horizon.  There was an odd sound, it sounded like the noise made by a big bottle rocket and something bright went by about 100 feet of the ground.  I'm assuming that it was ball lightning, but it freaked me right out.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 02:24:10 PM »
Seriously? Jaws?

The creepiest thing I have ever experienced is sleep paralysis.  I have had a couple of bouts with it.  You wake up, can't move, can't speak, it's hard to breath, you can only make a small noise, if even that and sometimes you when you are dreaming, you can hallucinate and see something from it. 

Call me crazy, but there have been a couple of episodes that I could have sworn were real.  Just an example but once there was someone there, I couldn't see them, but could feel them moving towards me and they didn't have good intentions. The real scary part for me is that I have thought, if I could reach my wife she could wake me up, but I can't move.  When you finally do and you shoot straight up and punch or kick involuntary it scares the shit out of your spouse.   

Now on the flip side it can be halfway pleasant, almost relaxing. If I am not having a vivid dream, then I kinda lay there all chilled out and wait for it wear off, but if I am dreaming, then holy shit!

I have went to a couple of sleep studies and had surgery for sleep apnea where they took out my tonsils, adenoids and carved my palate up to make my air way less restricted (Uncle Sani can insert deepthroat joke here), and have learned to sleep on my side among other things.  I thought that would make it go away but it didn't.  I have had less episodes since then, but it still happens from time to time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 02:27:45 PM »
On a different level, years ago, me and my brother went hunting deer on some land that we had never hunted.  We were mainly just walking down a logging road and checking it out, not expecting to do anything.  We came to a fork in the road, one of which crossed over a little creek and appeared to wind around to the left on the side of a hill.  I stayed straight walking along the creek and had walked about 50 yards when up jump two small bucks just on the other side of the creek. They were running parallel to me in the direction I was walking.  I had to run ahead about 15 yeards to get to an opening and got a shot. 

I dropped a little buck and was all pumped up.  I called out to my brother and he backtracked and came to where I was.  We pulled the deer out and field dressed him.  Before we started back with him, my brother wanted to show me something cool he saw just before I started shooting.  We walked around to where he was and I started getting this sick feeling.  Just as we arrived to where he was standing, I fully realized that his path didn't wind to the left.  He had been standing within 30-40 yards of my buck, directly behind him.

I never said anything but I literally got physically ill at what an incredibly stupid thing I had just done and what very easily could have happened.  It took til that night to stop shaking.  Yeah, I was creeped out.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 02:36:21 PM »
On a different level, years ago, me and my brother went hunting deer on some land that we had never hunted.  We were mainly just walking down a logging road and checking it out, not expecting to do anything.  We came to a fork in the road, one of which crossed over a little creek and appeared to wind around to the left on the side of a hill.  I stayed straight walking along the creek and had walked about 50 yards when up jump two small bucks just on the other side of the creek. They were running parallel to me in the direction I was walking.  I had to run ahead about 15 yeards to get to an opening and got a shot. 

I dropped a little buck and was all pumped up.  I called out to my brother and he backtracked and came to where I was.  We pulled the deer out and field dressed him.  Before we started back with him, my brother wanted to show me something cool he saw just before I started shooting.  We walked around to where he was and I started getting this sick feeling.  Just as we arrived to where he was standing, I fully realized that his path didn't wind to the left.  He had been standing within 30-40 yards of my buck, directly behind him.

I never said anything but I literally got physically ill at what an incredibly stupid thing I had just done and what very easily could have happened.  It took til that night to stop shaking.  Yeah, I was creeped out.   

Remind me during the zombie apocalypse to keep you on point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »

See that would have creeped me out and I would have puked my guts up.....that's just me though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 03:13:50 PM »
I'm not really sure what would be the creepiest.  Maybe I'll think of something better later.

When I was in the 7th grade, I was laying in bed and suddenly had the thought, "I wonder what it feels like to fall asleep."  You know, that actual slip from consciousness into being asleep. 

And I thought about it every night.  All night. 

For about 6 months straight, I got about 2 hours of sleep on weeknights and caught up by sleeping until noon on Saturday. 

I remember in June right after school ended, I couldn't communicate with people.  I had a hard time understanding what people were saying and I could never think of something quick enough to respond.  My parents were annoyed with me, and I was starting to get scared because I didn't think I'd ever go back to sleeping normally again.

The summer schedule helped as I could sleep in until noon and would eventually get tired enough to crash around 4 or 5am. 

When school started back, I was on the 8th grade football team, and that wore me out enough to pass out at a reasonable hour.  Eventually, I grew out of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »
Operation Just Cause  Panama Dec 1989.

During a disagreement with some PDFs-we fixed bayonets.

At that moment in history you could not have stuck a greased bb up my butt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 04:14:16 PM »
These days, if I think hear something go bump in the night or think someone's outside when they shouldn't be, I just grab my gun (Make sure my brother's not around) and check things out.  However, this one time....at band camp....actually, I was at home one afternoon when I was about 16-17.  No one was home and I was bored so I climbed in bed and took a nap.  I was awakened by our dog barking....right outside my room.  One of those terrified, something bad is right in front of me barks. 

I froze like a cool pop.  I was peeking out from under the covers going, "Uuuhh...come here boy...what is it boy....."  Well, the dog takes off down the hall, I hear bumping and banging, the dog is raising holy hell...and then he stops barking.  So now...brave me..gets up and goes down the hall. I find the front door standing wide open and the dog sitting in the doorway watching this car speed off down the street.

So, I locked the door and went back to clean the piss out of my bed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 04:19:47 PM »
Operation Just Cause  Panama Dec 1989.

During a disagreement with some PDFs-we fixed bayonets.

At that moment in history you could not have stuck a greased bb up my butt.

Damn!

I find the front door standing wide open and the dog sitting in the doorway watching this car speed off down the street.

Damn!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:27 PM »
That was just a little Scottish Terrier, all 20 pounds of him.  Just stubborn enough to think he can beat the shit out of anything.  We have three dogs now and none of them could put a dent in a pillow but anyone who tried to break in will eventually go...."Would you stop that incessant bark...stop.....look, I'll give you a treat...just shut that infernal....I can't take this anymore, I'm going to rob a church or something."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »

I just got the heebie jeebie creppies
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 12:53:05 AM »
Three things. 

Ouija Board

I simply won't talk about this.  But if you bring one of these damn things out in my presence I will beat you to death with it and shove the planchette up your dead ass. 

Salem's Lot/Pet Semetary

I fell asleep while reading Salem's Lot.  I was on the couch.  Slept on my shoulder funny.  My arm went to sleep and was dead.  Rolled over and my dead arm flopped over.  My hand landed on my throat.  In my sleep I tried to shove it off.  Dead arm flopped right back.  Waking up, moved it again.  Flopped back.  Screamed like a nine-year old girl. Flipped off the couch, tried to crawl while screaming.  Dead arm useless. Planted face in the floor.

Reading Pet Semetary and went to sleep.  My idiot roommate came in late and drunk and didn't close the door all the way.  Dead asleep and start having trouble breathing.  Come half awake and there's this weight on my chest.  Open my eyes and there's an enormous cat perched on my chest, its face pressed up against mine.  We don't have a cat.  I screamed like a nine-year old girl and threw the cat against the wall.  Shitting, spitting and pissing commenced from the cat and perhaps from me.  Roomate crashed into the room with a tennis racket and clubbed me.  Still drunk, thought I was a murderer or something.

The Radio Station
First job in high school worked at a combination radio station and newspaper.  Wrote for the paper and did on-air stuff for the radio.  Older station, older equipment.  Tower constantly screwing up and losing signal.  Early one morning we are supposed to be on air.  I'm helping, the regular DJ is running the show.  Tower screwed up.  Tries to fix it inside, but something's wrong with the box on the tower itself.  Takes a screwdriver and goes outside.  Tower is in a field next to the station.  High grass.  Wet with dew.  We don't power the tower down, he's going to check some fuses or something.  Gets the cover off the box, starts to poke around.  Driver slips, jams into the box.  There's like a kabillion volts, joules, watts, whatever running through that thing.  Apparently there's no safety because it fries him.  Literally.  A smoking crispy cinder. 

After he dies, weird shit starts to happen.  I've always worked late at night.  Think better.  One night I'm there alone and I hear somebody across the hall in the studio.  See the reflection in the glass of the booth.  Go to see who it is?  Nobody.  Door locked. 

Another time I leave about 2 a.m. and go to get drunk.  When I leave, I pull the paper out of my typewriter (yeah, I'm that old).  About 6, I'm hammered with some friends and one of them needs to shit.  So we go to the paper office.  I go in first, go to my desk.  Paper is in my typewriter and half a page of random shit (not words) is typed on it.  Nobody has been in the building since I left. 

Other people have similar unexplained shit.  Stuff disappears.  Things are moved around.  People see movement out of the corner of their eye and nobody's there.  People see the reflection like I did but nobody's in the booth. 

So me and three girls/women who work there are in the lobby comparing notes and talking about the weird shit.  As we are talking about it a picture on the wall behind one of the girls starts to rock.  Just a little at first.  But as we stand there and stare with our mouths hanging open the damn thing picks up speed.  It swings back and forth, back and forth until it's almost going sideways.  Nothing else in the room is moving.  There's no breeze, no wind.  One of the girls starts to whimper like a puppy.  My nuts are the size of raisins and trying their best to claw their way up into my lungs. 

And then it stops.  Stops.  Not slows down and gradually settles back.  Stops.  One of the girls says she's freezing.  Could be my mind playing tricks on me, but I remember being cold too. 

I look at them, they look at me.  We don't say anything.  And even though I later share a bed with one of them for a few months, none of the four of us ever mention it to each other again.  We pretend it didn't happen. 

I also quit working at night and alone.  If I went at night somebody went with me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.