Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cowherd says someone is going down.

Cowherd says someone is going down.
« on: March 01, 2011, 01:21:59 PM »
Listening to Colin Cowherd at lunch today.  Near the end of his broadcast he said than in the next couple of weeks a major publication is going to issue a report that will take down one of the "top 10-12 college football programs" for major recruiting violations.  He said he had received tips from two credible sources on who and what this would be about, but he was not willing to say anymore on it because it was not sources that had been verified by ESPN.

He added at the end, "I will say this.  It is not Auburn."

So, top 10-12 program about to get busted for recruiting violations.  I don't know what Colin' criteria for top 12 program is, but here are my idea of some possibilities. 

Auburn (but won't be us)
Bama
Tennessee
Georgia
Florida
USCe
Miami
Florida State
Va Tech
West Va
Penn St
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Michigan
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M
USC
Oregon

If I had to take a swing at a big time program that might be up for getting the take down I would guess Bama (of course), Michigan, USC (again, which would be mega serious), Nebraska, or Notre Dame.

Putting these out there due to factors of them having top recruiting classes, a need to win at any cost (USC, Bama), get back on top (Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame), rumor mill, and reputation of coach (Rich Rod at Michigan, Callahan at Nebraska, Weiss at Notre Dame).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Re: Cowherd says someone is going down.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:24:12 PM »
I don't even blink at these stories any more.

Especially if it's coming from Cowherd or anyone from ESPN. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »
I don't even blink at these stories any more.

Especially if it's coming from Cowherd or anyone from ESPN.

Well he did change the tune up a little bit by saying it's not Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 01:28:09 PM »
Texas....you heard it here first folks.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 01:29:48 PM »

This is what I'm thinking.

But I'm not sure how much of it will be paying players and rogue boosters. 

Texas has had issues with their female hostesses, and I know a guy lost his job for it.  We posted a link to their message board when the meltdown occurred.  I bet it's linked to that if anything. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 01:30:22 PM »

I was thinking this or LSU to be honest.

Also seeing a lot of other rumors on other boards about Oregon being it.  I know most people don't think of them as a 10-12 type program, but they have been the past few years and Cowherd would have no problem in thinking of them that way since he is an admitted West Coast homer.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:32:21 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »

I was thinking them or OU.  Unless the NCAA, while sniffing around in Alabama, MS, and GA, stumbled on some bammer shit.  Which would be funny as fuck with them being so adament about us going down.  Or maybe Urban got caught up in it all and thats why he bailed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:40:39 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 01:35:27 PM »
I was thinking this or LSU to be honest.

Also seeing a lot of other rumors on other boards about Oregon being it.  I know most people don't think of them as a 10-12 type program, but they have been the past few years and Cowherd would have no problem in thinking of them that way since he is an admitted West Coast homer.

Ha!  Can you imagine the way people would go crazy if the team from the NC game that got busted for violations wasn't Auburn? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »
AUTiger brings up a good'n. You guys remember the hush hush story about the car James was driving that supposedly his "uncle" gave him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 01:49:04 PM »
AUTiger brings up a good'n. You guys remember the hush hush story about the car James was driving that supposedly his "uncle" gave him?

Just going on what I am reading.

Still think it could be LSU. Dirty as hell.  It would be a damn crying shame if Thayer uncovered their dirt while he was down there trying his hardest to make sure we got the hammer?  Why that would break my fucking heart.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 01:52:01 PM »
The Texas ncaa stuff has been rumored since the cam stuff came out.

Cleve Bryant, Gloria Allred, ATM cards, boosters.....pretty blatant stuff if true.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/79356-Recruitocosm-hints-at-wider-scandal-possible-big-story-about-to-break

I would think it would be a team you've at least heard something about. Even if only rumors so far. Bama would be my next guess after Texas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 02:03:39 PM »
Here's the deal.  I wouldn't mind something coming out simply from the standpoint of it deflecting the shit storm away from Auburn.  But as I basically asked earlier, is this what it's come to?  Is trying to get the goods on someone else what's important now in college sports?  If all was exposed today...on every one....and the NCAA had it in front of them right now.....college football would cease to exist as of tomorrow.  I'm 100% convinced of that.  It's everywhere and not just football.

Did anyone catch part of an interview with Bobby Knight and Coach K this weekend.  Knight said without reservation how corrupt NCAA basketball had become.  Jay Bilas said he had talked to a coach a couple of weeks prior and jokingly...but seriously asked, "Remember the good old days when the players were the ones that benefited from illegal payments?"  Now, it's the "agents" and parents and AAU coaches etc.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »
I heard this rumor last week on the-mainboard (I occasionally lurk).

The original report, the source of which I can't remember, said something along the lines of "It's a Top 10 program, but not one that anyone would expect", which pretty much eliminates the entire SEC. The way the country thinks the whole SEC is dirty, the only SEC team people may not "expect" would be Vandy, and they certainly aren't a Top 10 team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »
I heard this rumor last week on the-mainboard (I occasionally lurk).

The original report, the source of which I can't remember, said something along the lines of "It's a Top 10 program, but not one that anyone would expect", which pretty much eliminates the entire SEC. The way the country thinks the whole SEC is dirty, the only SEC team people may not "expect" would be Vandy, and they certainly aren't a Top 10 team.

I think that would point more towards Pac-10(2) or Big-10(2).  I don't think Texas would be a team nobody would expect.  They haven't been dirty officially, but there is tons of money floating around that school which is always a temptation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 02:42:33 PM »
Here's the deal.  I wouldn't mind something coming out simply from the standpoint of it deflecting the shit storm away from Auburn.  But as I basically asked earlier, is this what it's come to?  Is trying to get the goods on someone else what's important now in college sports?  If all was exposed today...on every one....and the NCAA had it in front of them right now.....college football would cease to exist as of tomorrow.  I'm 100% convinced of that.  It's everywhere and not just football.

Did anyone catch part of an interview with Bobby Knight and Coach K this weekend.  Knight said without reservation how corrupt NCAA basketball had become.  Jay Bilas said he had talked to a coach a couple of weeks prior and jokingly...but seriously asked, "Remember the good old days when the players were the ones that benefited from illegal payments?"  Now, it's the "agents" and parents and AAU coaches etc.
agree
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 03:01:06 PM »
the ducks are dirty...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 03:06:01 PM »
the ducks are dirty...

Paying midgets to play is stupid. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »
Paying midgets to play is stupid.
Depends on what yer playin' :vn:

Oh, and midget coaches suck too
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »
Like Snags said earlier, I'm not generally in the "oh god let the hammer drop on these fuckers" camp, but we've got to get this damn spotlight off of us, and the entire SEC. I don't even want bammer to get in major shit because of this. Unfairly or not, the SEC's image is we are all a bunch of filthy cheaters. Can't wait for some shit to stick to a high & mighty Big 10/Pac 10 school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »
Only partially related. 

Moore is on another radio show today.  His story has changed slightly again.  Now Tennessee made an offer of $150 and AU countered with $180.  He heard it said and Cam knew.

Fucking idiot.

War, people.  It is war. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.