Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cowherd says someone is going down.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Cowherd says someone is going down.
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 11:25:18 PM »
While this is A story, I do not think this is THE story Cowherd speaks of. This handler (Lyles) has sent many guys to schools, not just Oregon and Bama. Its pretty common knowledge. Oregon is also not a Top 10 program. They have been ranked in the top 10 recently but they are not a top 10 program.

Best bets:

Texas
LSU
Tenn

Maybe USC, but I doubt Cowherd would shit on his own love fest school.

The sportsbybrooks tweet references TCU being happy with something coming out tomorrow. The only thing happening that would benefit them would be Texas going down. TCU would own the state at least for a little while in recruiting and wins.

My guess is that if Cowherd is in the loop it's probably west coast.  He's an unabashed USC homer so anything that helps the Trojans would be on his radar. 

That's why Oregon makes the most sense to me. 

Michigan would be my second guess.  For no other reason than I like the Maize and Gold and it would piss me off. 

The TCU being happy twat is probably unrelated.  Lots of schools would benefit before TCU.   A&M, Baylor, Tech. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 11:26:41 PM »
With ALL THE BULLSHIT (pun intended) I have been getting from t-sips since the Cam story broke, if it is Texas that goes down tomorrow...

I am going to have one of the best damn days of my ENTIRE LIFE at work...

:silence:

Same here. That would be great....and as Snagglechicken said earlier, people would forget about Cam all too quickly. It would also make sense of the 5-7 year the Horns had. Wins: 13, 10, 11, 12, 10, 11, 10 ........5???? All of a sudden?? Hmmmmm.........just weird.

Top 10 Program...check
Good news for TCU....check
Not expecting it....check
Not Auburn....check
Something was evidentally wrong last year for Texas....big check.
Muschamp jumped ship....check.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »
My guess is that if Cowherd is in the loop it's probably west coast.  He's an unabashed USC homer so anything that helps the Trojans would be on his radar. 

That's why Oregon makes the most sense to me. 

Michigan would be my second guess.  For no other reason than I like the Maize and Gold and it would piss me off. 

The TCU being happy twat is probably unrelated.  Lots of schools would benefit before TCU.   A&M, Baylor, Tech.

But who is Texas' main in state competitor? 

And it may be unrelated. You may be right there. I do wonder what he means in the TCU tweet though. Brooks usually doesnt bother with TCU level stories.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2011, 11:33:27 PM »
But who is Texas' main in state competitor? 

And it may be unrelated. You may be right there. I do wonder what he means in the TCU tweet though. Brooks usually doesnt bother with TCU level stories.

OK is the main competitor but TCU would DEFINITELY be the top competitor in terms of recruiting over the last few years.  Patterson has done miracles, plus TCU is a private school in the DFW Metroplex - all the attraction of the Big D and Cowtown. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 12:14:41 AM »
OK is the main competitor but TCU would DEFINITELY be the top competitor in terms of recruiting over the last few years.  Patterson has done miracles, plus TCU is a private school in the DFW Metroplex - all the attraction of the Big D and Cowtown.

Texas is too big to fail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 12:20:04 AM »
Not the Ducks:

Shortly after Cowherd’s words hit the airwaves, John Canzano of The Oregonian was contacted by, he writes, “several national college football writers after those early rumors began to point at the University of Oregon being that program.”  An Oregon source denied they are the football program in question.

Made some calls. A reliable source high in the athletic department said everyone there was ”surprised” to hear about the rumors. They have not been contacted by the NCAA on this matter, nor anyone else.

Said source: “We haven’t heard a peep from the NCAA. If there was something going on, we’d typically hear about it way beforehand.”

Ducks coach Chip Kelly said he was also unaware of any violations. Kelly attributed the rumors to the program’s recent national success. Said Kelly, “We’re going to have to endure some of this.”

For the record, Oregon is not the school we have heard connected to these rumors.  Nor is it Auburn.  Nor will we mention the school’s name we’ve heard floated around as it’s not been remotely confirmed.

Suffice to say, though, it’s going to be a very interesting next week or so around the [school redacted] campus if the rumors come to fruition and the allegations that are currently making the rounds are published.

It has to be Sports Illustrated.  It could be another NYT hit piece... but since it is not Auburn, I am guessing that takes the NYT out of it...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:21:44 AM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 12:36:01 AM »
Not the Ducks:

Or maybe it is... copied from ShaggyBevo.  None of the t-sips seem to be in panic mode... and then I read this:
Its Oregon, Its a SI investigation

Taken from Oregonlive.com:

It's a Sports Illustrated investigation, not an NCAA investigation. When the story comes out tomorrow (as originally scheduled), the NCAA will have to examine the evidence and reach their own conclusion of what rules were broken. Actual sanctions could take 6 months-2 years to be handed down.

So of course they haven't "heard a peep" about NCAA violations.

From what I can gather, the investigation revolves around the recruitment of Lache Seastrunk, Tahj Boyd, and Anthony Wallace. All three had the same "family adviser" (agent) named Baron Cortez Flenory Jr.

Google Mr. Flenory's name, and you'll get a preview of what's going to be in the SI article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 12:47:20 AM »
Did anyone say that the NCAA has been involved yet?  I thought it was just news coming out soon about a Top 10 - Top 12 Program...not necessarily involving the NCAA yet.  So, with Oregon taking DeAnthony "Black Mamba" Thomas away from USC, hailing from Texas and Lache Seastrunk.  I still say that the story is about Oregon.  I'm not sure what Brooks is talking about regarding TCU being happy....guess we'll see soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 12:50:08 AM »
  I'm not sure what Brooks is talking about regarding TCU being happy....guess we'll see soon.

Maybe they hired former Bama SID Wayne Atcheson to look back and pull 18 national championships out of his ass for them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2011, 01:52:06 AM »
Maybe they hired former Bama SID Wayne Atcheson to look back and pull 18 national championships out of his ass for them. 
Great....Got 18? T-shirts will sell like candy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »
Anyone seen anything yet this morning?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2011, 09:33:20 AM »

LMFAO
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2011, 09:54:11 AM »
the investigation revolves around the recruitment of Lache Seastrunk,

You guess this is why all the schools except Oregon dropped of the recruiting map for Lache right before NSD? I still say this has something to do with James too.

You know, Oregon is new to this top ranked team bizz. They are probably 2 decades behind on how to cheat and get away with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 09:58:41 AM »
You guess this is why all the schools except Oregon dropped of the recruiting map for Lache right before NSD? I still say this has something to do with James too.

You know, Oregon is new to this top ranked team bizz. They are probably 2 decades behind on how to cheat and get away with it.

The influence Phil Knight exerts on the athletic program is a clear cut case of lack of institutional control.

Even if they are not the targets, they will be one day. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2011, 09:59:15 AM »
While this is A story, I do not think this is THE story Cowherd speaks of. This handler (Lyles) has sent many guys to schools, not just Oregon and Bama. Its pretty common knowledge. Oregon is also not a Top 10 program. They have been ranked in the top 10 recently but they are not a top 10 program.

Best bets:

Texas
LSU
Tenn

Maybe USC, but I doubt Cowherd would poop on his own love fest school.

The sportsbybrooks tweet references TCU being happy with something coming out tomorrow. The only thing happening that would benefit them would be Texas going down. TCU would own the state at least for a little while in recruiting and wins.

Cowherd's a bandwagon jumper of the first class.  To him Oregon would definitely be a top 10-12 program.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2011, 10:10:32 AM »
Cowherd's a bandwagon jumper of the first class.  To him Oregon would definitely be a top 10-12 program.
I mean, they are a Top 10 Program.

He didn't say they have been for 50+ years.

This last year, they were in the National Championship game, and ended the year at #3, only because TCU remained undefeated. They were #1 for most of the year.

Just sayin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »
The influence Phil Knight exerts on the athletic program is a clear cut case of lack of institutional control.

Even if they are not the targets, they will be one day.

For real. When I saw that article a while back on how much of an influence Knight has with the Oregon program, I actually got scared for them...ok, not really scared but you know what I mean. If this guy was running the show in the SEC like this, his team would have been canned twice by now.

Ducks coach Chip Kelly said he was also unaware of any violations. Kelly attributed the rumors to the program’s recent national success. Said Kelly, “We’re going to have to endure some of this.”

Yeah Chip, you can bet your ass on that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/ncaa-speaks-to-top-oregon-signee/

NCAA has a chat with top Oregon signee
Posted by John Taylor on March 3, 2011, 12:29 PM EST

ESPN radio’s Colin Cowherd created a bit of a stir, to say the least, a couple of days ago when he revealed that he’s caught wind of rumors that “a major program in this country is going to be outed very soon for major recruiting violations.”

While Cowherd did not reveal the major program, the speculation soon began to point heavily in the direction of Oregon.  In fact, ESPN sources told our buddy Brooks of SportsByBrooks.com that it was indeed the Ducks to which Cowherd was referring.

Two days later, an item that may or may not be related to the rumors Cowherd’s heard — and, to be fair, we’ve heard as well — has surfaced.

In a tweet posted to his Twitter account early this morning, Oregon signee De’Anthony Thomas stated that he spoke to the NCAA on Wednesday.  Thomas didn’t get into specifics, but, based on the “caps lock” button getting stuck, it didn’t sound like he enjoyed the experience.

“JUST GOT. OUT OF A MEETING WIT THE NCAA PEOPLE MAN IT FELT LIKE I WAS TALKING TO THE POLICE,” Thomas cyber-shouted very early this morning.

So, is this a part of the process of the Oregon football program being “outed for major recruiting violations”?  Not necessarily.  As noted by Bryan Fischer of CBS Sports.com in a tweet in response to the “uh-oh” vibe Thomas’ tweet induced, “[t]he NCAA speaking to Thomas doesn’t mean there’s violations going on in Eugene. They’re just speaking with him, do it w/ many recruits.”

The back story behind Thomas and his recruitment, though, makes this development a very intriguing potential data point.  Thomas, a five-star recruit who was the No. 5 player in the country according to Rivals.com, was long thought to be a very solid verbal commitment to USC.  The weekend before signing day last month, however, Thomas took an official visit to the Ducks, fueling speculation that he was leaning away from the school in his own backyard — he went to Crenshaw High School in Los Angeles — and toward the Trojans’ Pac-12 rivals.

Despite the fact that he did not publicly renege on the verbal he gave USC in May of 2010, Thomas announced at a press conference Feb. 2 that he had indeed faxed his Letter of Intent to Oregon, completing one of the most stunning flips of the 2011 signing period.

It was certainly a staggering and unexpected development for Lane Kiffin & Company, losing such a talented player from, literally, their own recruiting backyard.  Certainly, Kiffin and/or someone associated with the USC program wouldn’t have been so incensed over losing Thomas to a conference rival that they would’ve turned… no, no way.  That simply would not have happened.  Impossible, I say.

Again, Thomas speaking to the NCAA does not necessarily mean that the rumors connecting Oregon to potential recruiting “issues” are accurate.  It is, though, one helluva coincidence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2011, 01:56:57 PM »
Ducks in a barrel, fire away.
friendly