Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Garcia has obviously channeled his inner Ken Stabler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Garcia has obviously channeled his inner Ken Stabler
« on: March 03, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »
Why Did Stephen Garcia Choke Against FSU?
By fitsnews • on March 3, 2011

South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia had one of the worst games of his career in the Chick-Fil-A bowl against Florida State.

After throwing just nine interceptions during the entire 2010 regular season, Garcia threw three picks in the first half against the Seminoles – staking Florida State to a 10-point halftime lead. Garcia also completed just 56 percent of his passes against the ‘Noles – well below his season average of 64.2 percent.

Favored heading into the game, South Carolina wound up losing 26-17 – although most of the post-game focus was on the first half injury to star freshman running back Marcus Lattimore, not Garcia’s poor play.

That’s understandable. With Lattimore out of the lineup last season, South Carolina coughed up a huge second half lead against Kentucky and put just 21 points on the board against Vanderbilt.

They were helpless, in other words …

With Lattimore? They defeated multiple SEC powerhouses including Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee en route to the school’s first-ever SEC East championship.

But was the loss of Lattimore the only reason head coach Steve Spurrier’s team choked in its third consecutive bowl game?

“Not so much,” we’re hearing …

Multiple sources tell FITS that Garcia – who is known to party like a rock star – was involved in a massive, all-night bender in his hotel room the night before the bowl game. In fact, Garcia’s alleged party became so raucous that the S.C. Highway Patrol – which provided security for the team during its stay in Atlanta – was called to investigate.

Upon entering Garcia’s hotel room, they are said to have discovered the quarterback in a highly-intoxicated state in the company of five different young women – two of whom were completely naked.

We know, we know … more power to him, right? He’s 21 years old, and there’s obviously no law (yet) against enjoying some female companionship.

But what happened after the quarterback was busted?

Rather than let Garcia sleep his big night off, our sources say that the USC coaching staff forced him to run on a treadmill while he was still hungover. There was reportedly even talk of benching him for the bowl game – or at least sitting him out for a series.

Obviously Spurrier chose to start him, but Garcia clearly wasn’t himself.

Garcia is a rising senior who is coming off of his best season ever (3,059 passing yards, 20 touchdowns, 148.7 quarterback rating). Still, he’s notoriously undisciplined and hasn’t impressed coaches with his work ethic – or lack thereof.

He’s also no stranger to trouble. After a pair of arrests in 2007 (his redshirt year), Garcia was busted again in 2008 for underage drinking.

Sources close to the S.C. Highway Patrol have confirmed the first-hand accounts we’ve been provided about Garcia’s big night in Atlanta, although no one from the agency will go on the record. Also, the University of South Carolina has declined to comment on the allegations.

Whatever happened in Atlanta, we’re not trying to bash Garcia. We’re big fans of his, actually – and he’s obviously the most talented quarterback the Gamecocks have had in some time (perhaps since Steve Taneyhill).

Garcia is also an honest-to-God “football player” – a tough runner who takes big hits and hangs in the pocket even when its collapsing – which is probably the biggest compliment you can pay a quarterback.

Still … Garcia has yet to fully realize his potential, in large part because he remains unfocused and undisciplined off the field.

That’s fine when you’re a redshirt freshman, but it’s inexcusable from a fifth-year senior.

Anyway, let’s hope 2011 is the year Garcia puts everything together. South Carolina fans deserve a monster year out of him … and more than any other player save Lattimore, as he goes – so go the Gamecocks.

Pic: Travis Bell, Sideline Carolina

http://www.fitsnews.com/2011/03/03/why-did-stephen%20-garcia-choke-against-fsu/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Re: Garcia has obviously channeled his inner Ken Stabler
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
Hilarious, but I'm not sure how much of that I believe.

Five chicks and Garcia partying in a hotel room that's monitored by coaches/assistants for curfew?  And no one saw the girls go in?  And no one said, "Garcia, why do you have alcohol in your hotel room?"  And then the coaches didn't bench him despite having Connor Shaw as a valuable back up? 

Sounds like myth making.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 03:04:58 PM »
Sounds like myth making.

Or excuse building. 

Cold cocked by Auburn.  Ass raped by FSU. 

Hey, Garcia was doing strippers and lines, dude.  It wasn't our fault. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 03:07:17 PM »
Or excuse building. 

Cold cocked by Auburn.  Ass raped by FSU. 

Sounds like bammer logic...go figure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 03:14:20 PM »

Next year at the NFL Combine interview.

Stephen, what are your greatest weaknesses?

Hookers and Blow?  I mean the corner blitz!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 03:52:31 PM »
"North Columbia Forty"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 04:06:03 PM »
Upon entering Garcia’s hotel room, they are said to have discovered the quarterback in a highly-intoxicated state in the company of five different young women – two of whom were completely naked.

2 out of 5

Another one of his suck performances.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 04:09:08 PM »
I want to party with this guy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 04:09:29 PM »

2 out of 5

:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 04:14:05 PM »

2 out of 5

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 05:32:21 PM »
I want to party with this guy
Party like rock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »
Party like rock.

Party like a rock...party like a rock star..party like a rock....party like a rock star.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 11:27:03 PM »

2 out of 5

Baby steps, man.  Baby steps.  He's still an amateur. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.