Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Child, please...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Child, please...
« on: February 21, 2011, 08:04:31 PM »
I am not trying to change anyone's mind - but I can share my opinion of your opinion. This is still a message board, right?

I also know how I personally intend to deal with bammers - same way as always. Associate with the decent ones to the extent I have to, talk friendly smack as applicable, don't let it get in the way of the friendship or ruin a family get together.   To the Updykes I encounter - gum on my shoe.  And my sister's father in law is one of the worst, and I see one regularly. But I just let him spew and then ignore him because he is beneath contempt. Nothing I say will make him a better person or stop him from being an asshole and I am not about to stoop go his level.

Yes, the local media is pro bammer. Fine. Send letters and emails and I might even pitch in a word or two myself as I have been know to do. But I refuse to get caught up in the conspiracy theories that the entire bammer nation is planning a coup.

So there it is. I said my piece. Like it or don't and dislike me or don't. Doesn't matter.  I still love you guys. Whether or not that is reciprocated is up to you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Child, please...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »
Just so you know, I still love you and you're as hawter as eva. I want to have your baby.

For the record, I don't think anyone wants you to take on the task of changing anyone, just standing your ground and letting those Updikes know that we aint nuttin to fuck with.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:25:49 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:47:01 PM »
She Loves Me...

She Loves Me Not...

She Loves Me!!!!  Yay!!!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 09:35:55 PM »
Ewe can't chaynge me, evil city woman!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 10:15:46 PM »
She Loves Me...

She Loves Me Not...

I chortled audibly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:09:25 AM »
I am not trying to change anyone's mind - but I can share my opinion of your opinion. This is still a message board, right?

I also know how I personally intend to deal with bammers - same way as always. Associate with the decent ones to the extent I have to, talk friendly smack as applicable, don't let it get in the way of the friendship or ruin a family get together.   To the Updykes I encounter - gum on my shoe.  And my sister's father in law is one of the worst, and I see one regularly. But I just let him spew and then ignore him because he is beneath contempt. Nothing I say will make him a better person or stop him from being an asshole and I am not about to stoop go his level.

Yes, the local media is pro bammer. Fine. Send letters and emails and I might even pitch in a word or two myself as I have been know to do. But I refuse to get caught up in the conspiracy theories that the entire bammer nation is planning a coup.

So there it is. I said my piece. Like it or don't and dislike me or don't. Doesn't matter.  I still love you guys. Whether or not that is reciprocated is up to you.

Except I think it was you and Mr. Self Righteous 2000 who initially had issues with our stance. Not the other way around. You guys are the ones being fucking dogmatic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 10:14:23 AM »
Except I think it was you and Mr. Self Righteous 2000 who initially had issues with our stance. Not the other way around. You guys are the ones being phuking dogmatic.

Damn right I'm self righteous.  I sure don't need your approval.  Wench and I want to be above the fray, that's fine.  You want to wrestle with pigs, as she so eloquently put it, go ahead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
Except I think it was you and Mr. Self Righteous 2000 who initially had issues with our stance. Not the other way around. You guys are the ones being fucking dogmatic.

B-I-N-G-O!

We're not intelligent or sophisticated enough to respond like "true" Auburn men and women.  Why, we probably wipe our ass with the Creed. 

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. 

I've seen a lot of good men working on a strategy to do something.  And I've seen a few do nothings. 

Doing nothing is a failed strategy.  It's a head shoved so far up an ass that the tonsils are covering the eyes.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
She Loves Me...

She Loves Me Not...

This may be the best thing you have ever posted....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 10:19:36 AM »
Damn right I'm self righteous.  I sure don't need your approval.  Wench and I want to be above the fray, that's fine.  You want to wrestle with pigs, as she so eloquently put it, go ahead.

Pah-fucking-thetic. 

And ridiculously ignorant to boot.  You (and apparently she) have completely failed to understand what those of us who oppose you want. 

You (and she) are so wrapped up in your own hysteria that you can't comprehend what we're talking about.

Wrestle with pigs my fucking ass.  Completely missed the point. 

Stay on your silly ass high horse.  Just turn the other way so your nosebleed doesn't drip on the people who are doing what needs to be done. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 10:42:15 AM »
So you admit you guys are the one with issue. Got it.

Not an approval but an observation.

Hey kaos, let's do a braveheart analogy next.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 10:44:13 AM »
Pah-fucking-thetic. 

And ridiculously ignorant to boot.  You (and apparently she) have completely failed to understand what those of us who oppose you want. 

You (and she) are so wrapped up in your own hysteria that you can't comprehend what we're talking about.

Wrestle with pigs my fucking ass.  Completely missed the point. 

Stay on your silly ass high horse.  Just turn the other way so your nosebleed doesn't drip on the people who are doing what needs to be done.

I am not sure why my refusal to get on board with something I completely disagree with is so important to you?   I am also not sure how my calm, consistent posts can be construed by anyone, as being "wrapped up in hysteria..." 

What if, just for the sake of argument, I DO comprehend what you are talking about... but still choose to stay out of it?  I don't remember seeing it written anywhere that signing up for the conspiracy theories was a requirement.  I certainly don't recall having to check a box before I registered for this site that said I had to go lockstep with the Gospel according to Kevin or get the fuck out.  Yes, my opinion is that you guys are blowing a nice gesture way the hell out of proportion - but so what?  My two cents.  Can't stop you all from doing whatever, and I am not even trying.  Go on... Charge the barricades, fire the torpedoes, and good luck.  Hope it works out for you.   

Once  again, K, you are resorting to personal attacks against someone who, for reasons of their own, do not agree with you.  That's your M.O. - if you cannot convince someone through arguments of fact to see things your way, you then try to discredit them with personal attacks - hey, anyone who disagrees with you must be mental/stupid/ hysterical, etc., right?  Yay, Kaos wins!  Wheee!

Sorry, but I refuse to engage you that way.  I think the only hysteria around here was first aimed at our rival trying to do something nice, and now it is being aimed at me and 2000.  But whatever.  I can take it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 10:51:25 AM »
I am not sure why my refusal to get on board with something I completely disagree with is so important to you?   I am also not sure how my calm, consistent posts can be construed by anyone, as being "wrapped up in hysteria..." 

What if, just for the sake of argument, I DO comprehend what you are talking about... but still choose to stay out of it?  I don't remember seeing it written anywhere that signing up for the conspiracy theories was a requirement.  I certainly don't recall having to check a box before I registered for this site that said I had to go lockstep with the Gospel according to Kevin or get the fuck out.  Yes, my opinion is that you guys are blowing a nice gesture way the hell out of proportion - but so what?  My two cents.  Can't stop you all from doing whatever, and I am not even trying.  Go on... Charge the barricades, fire the torpedoes, and good luck.  Hope it works out for you.   

Once  again, K, you are resorting to personal attacks against someone who, for reasons of their own, do not agree with you.  That's your M.O. - if you cannot convince someone through arguments of fact to see things your way, you then try to discredit them with personal attacks - hey, anyone who disagrees with you must be mental/stupid/ hysterical, etc., right?  Yay, Kaos wins!  Wheee!

Sorry, but I refuse to engage you that way.  I think the only hysteria around here was first aimed at our rival trying to do something nice, and now it is being aimed at me and 2000.  But whatever.  I can take it.

Pah-fucking-thetic. 

Personal attacks?  Christ.   Where did those come from? 

Everything you've written since you realized that nobody but Mr. Self Righteous was going to line up behind your lie down and take it up the ass approach has been pointedly directed at tearing down me or Prowler personally by insinuating that we're ignorant or that we have no decorum. 

I simply got tired of your sanctimonious SHIT.   

Have you ever considered that maybe what we don't give a flying fuck whether you join us or not?  I, for one, could not care less if you're in or out. 

I would prefer that you stop your petty bitching at those of us who DO want to do something.  If you don't want to be a part of it, fine.  But don't piss and whine at those who do. 

This isn't about ME and it's not about YOU for God's sake. 

In short?  Fuck off. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 10:56:42 AM »
Pah-fucking-thetic. 

Personal attacks?  Christ.   Where did those come from? 

Everything you've written since you realized that nobody but Mr. Self Righteous was going to line up behind your lie down and take it up the ass approach has been pointedly directed at tearing down me or Prowler personally by insinuating that we're ignorant or that we have no decorum. 

I simply got tired of your sanctimonious SHIT.   

Have you ever considered that maybe what we don't give a flying fuck whether you join us or not?  I, for one, could not care less if you're in or out. 

I would prefer that you stop your petty bitching at those of us who DO want to do something.  If you don't want to be a part of it, fine.  But don't piss and whine at those who do. 

This isn't about ME and it's not about YOU for God's sake. 

In short?  Fuck off.

Oh yeah....this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 11:14:14 AM »

Sure am glad some folks did not take this attitude after the Ramsey debacle.

As for wrestling with pigs......well that is how one winds up with bacon and sausage for breakfast and good BBQ for dinner.

The mud washes off with a shower while the shoulder is slow smoking on the pit.

WDE
 :bar:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:21:02 AM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

Tiger Wench

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 11:17:42 AM »
Here's a tissue... i see a little bit of spit on the side of your mouth, K.  I'll go get another one for GH.

I don't have a side, and I am not asking anyone to line up behind me.  Again, I was unaware that continuing to hate the Updykes of the world required me to sign up somewhere.  I have said more than once, without the little  :sarcasm: icon, that I wished you luck on your quest, but because I disagreed with your position, I myself was not going to join you in raging against the Machine.  Not sure how that qualifies as hysterical, or bitching or moaning or having my head in the sand, or any of the other invective you have thrown at me. 

Do I need to sign a waiver that states that I have been made aware of the facts, and even though I have been informed that a failure to engage the machine will result in the end of the world as we know it, I am making a conscious decision to disagree with you all?  We can agree to disagree or not, does not matter.

Y'all have decided that my living in Texas for so long has caused me to lose perspective.  Just for the sake of argument, did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps living in TX has GIVEN me perspective that those of you living in the belly of the beast have lost?  Sometimes, you can be too close to something, and get so consumed with it that you have lost your sense of proportion.  Could be...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 11:18:16 AM »
Sure am glad some folks did not take this attitude after the Ramsey debacle.

As for wrestling with pigs......well that is how one winds up with bacon and sausage for breakfast and good BBQ for diner.

The mud washes off with a shower while the shoulder is slow smoking on the pit.

WDE
 :bar:

Huuuhhhh Fucking ZAH! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 11:27:27 AM »
Here's a tissue... i see a little bit of spit on the side of your mouth, K.  I'll go get another one for GH.

I don't have a side, and I am not asking anyone to line up behind me.  Again, I was unaware that continuing to hate the Updykes of the world required me to sign up somewhere.  I have said more than once, without the little  :sarcasm: icon, that I wished you luck on your quest, but because I disagreed with your position, I myself was not going to join you in raging against the Machine.  Not sure how that qualifies as hysterical, or bitching or moaning or having my head in the sand, or any of the other invective you have thrown at me. 

Do I need to sign a waiver that states that I have been made aware of the facts, and even though I have been informed that a failure to engage the machine will result in the end of the world as we know it, I am making a conscious decision to disagree with you all?  We can agree to disagree or not, does not matter.

Y'all have decided that my living in Texas for so long has caused me to lose perspective.  Just for the sake of argument, did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps living in TX has GIVEN me perspective that those of you living in the belly of the beast have lost?  Sometimes, you can be too close to something, and get so consumed with it that you have lost your sense of proportion.  Could be...

No, that's NOT what you did.  It may be what you think you did, but it's not what you did at all. 

You've made your position quite clear.   Your "wishes for luck" were wrapped in the bacon of snarkiness and stabbed with the toothpick of condescension.  You've pontificated from on high and painted all of us who are trying to determine the best response as some kind of shaggy barbarians who lack the culture you so royally display.   Yes, a mean look at someone in Wal Mart is clearly the most effective strategy to combat things.  Just leave them with the royal hand wave as you mount your coach and pull elegantly away.  Pffft.  Does nothing to address the underlying problems. 

Of all your moments on this board, this is your worst. 

Continue to attack me and fire away at Prowler.  The minute you realized you weren't going to win the day and get the rest of the board to fall in line behind you, that's been your entire effort.  Fuck the message, attack those who present it.  As you said, we can take it. 

Nobody's lost any sense of anything. 

Can't speak for anybody else, but I've heard all I need to hear from you on this subject. 

Child, please?  Original title.  I have a better one, but will be the bigger man. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 11:41:46 AM »
No, that's NOT what you did.  It may be what you think you did, but it's not what you did at all. 

You've made your position quite clear.   Your "wishes for luck" were wrapped in the bacon of snarkiness and stabbed with the toothpick of condescension.  You've pontificated from on high and painted all of us who are trying to determine the best response as some kind of shaggy barbarians who lack the culture you so royally display.   Yes, a mean look at someone in Wal Mart is clearly the most effective strategy to combat things.  Just leave them with the royal hand wave as you mount your coach and pull elegantly away.  Pffft.  Does nothing to address the underlying problems. 

Of all your moments on this board, this is your worst. 

Continue to attack me and fire away at Prowler.  The minute you realized you weren't going to win the day and get the rest of the board to fall in line behind you, that's been your entire effort.  Fuck the message, attack those who present it.  As you said, we can take it. 

Nobody's lost any sense of anything. 

Can't speak for anybody else, but I've heard all I need to hear from you on this subject. 

Child, please?  Original title.  I have a better one, but will be the bigger man.

He pulled out the pffffft. It's over now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
Anybody have any idea how to have a donation refunded? I can't seem to get an answer out of Tide for Toomer's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler