Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scarbinsky On Saban's Oversigning...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Scarbinsky On Saban's Oversigning...
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2011, 10:44:56 PM »
Housel?

I think he still has a sour taste in his mouth. He's a good man.

Him in particular. 

No sour grapes though.  David is an Auburn man.  He would die before doing anything to hurt it.  A good man.  If he could do things differently....  but that's part of it too. 

Thing happen.  Some you can control, some you can't.  It's how you respond that really matters. 

You ask me, he responded like a champ. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2011, 10:46:18 PM »
Don't lie, you watched it didn't you?

I have daughters.  It's been on in my house.  But I've never seen the entire thing.  I've seen a minute or two here and there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2011, 11:11:06 PM »
Him in particular. 

No sour grapes though.  David is an Auburn man.  He would die before doing anything to hurt it.  A good man.  If he could do things differently....  but that's part of it too. 

Thing happen.  Some you can control, some you can't.  It's how you respond that really matters. 

You ask me, he responded like a champ.

Agree....He's a good un.

I'm curious to hear EA opine here. He seems to always know a lot about Housel. EA?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2011, 11:15:10 PM »
Agree....He's a good un.

I'm curious to hear EA opine here. He seems to always know a lot about Housel. EA?

I concur on Housel.  Auburn man to the core, and I think he boarded that plane to Louisville under duress, then fell on his sword because of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »
"Before Coach Chizik took over, at the end of the '08 season we were in shambles" - Lee Ziemba
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2011, 11:35:10 PM »
Agree....He's a good un.

David Housel has always been and is a good Auburn man and will continue to be until he goes to collect his reward.

He was, from the day he was made AD, in an untenable position.  He was not about to turn down his dream job......yet he did not have the "strength" to carry out his duties.

Simply put, he was caught between a rock and a hard place and it could not end any other way than it did.................some knew this from the very beginning.

His entire tenure was framed by David trying to walk a tight line between doing what he knew was right and doing what he knew would allow him to keep his job.

Getting on that plane is the most visible example of this....but not the only example.

fwiw, I am glad David is on Auburn's side......and that is about all I have to say about that.

WAR EAGLE

ps:  something from my memory (hope I am remembering correctly), my favorite Housel comment:

and I am paraphrasing a bit:

"When I die, I wish to be cremated and my ashes spread along the South endzone goal line and forever more Auburn's most ancient rivals shall have to score over my dead body as they face the roar from the Auburn students."............or something close to that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:39:30 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

JR4AU

« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2011, 11:41:55 PM »
"Before Coach Chizik took over, at the end of the '08 season we were in shambles" - Lee Ziemba

You keep posting that quote as if you've discovered the Holy Grail.  Of course they were.  What's you're point?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2011, 11:47:50 PM »
David Housel has always been and is a good Auburn man and will continue to be until he goes to collect his reward.

He was, from the day he was made AD, in an untenable position.  He was not about to turn down his dream job......yet he did not have the "strength" to carry out his duties.

Simply put, he was caught between a rock and a hard place and it could not end any other way than it did.................some knew this from the very beginning.

His entire tenure was framed by David trying to walk a tight line between doing what he knew was right and doing what he knew would allow him to keep his job.

Getting on that plane is the most visible example of this....but not the only example.

fwiw, I am glad David is on Auburn's side......and that is about all I have to say about that.

WAR EAGLE

ps:  something from my memory (hope I am remembering correctly), my favorite Housel comment:

and I am paraphrasing a bit:

"When I die, I wish to be cremated and my ashes spread along the South endzone goal line and forever more Auburn's most ancient rivals shall have to score over my dead body as they face the roar from the Auburn students."............or something close to that.

Good writeup EA. Couldn't agree more about Housel. I read an interview with him recently. To be honest, he sounded spent. Said he didn't take football nearly as serious as he used to. And said he wasn't even gonna watch the Iron Bowl, or something to that effect. I can understand where he is coming from on that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »
You keep posting that quote as if you've discovered the Holy Grail. 

well, we do have the proper picture posted , but someone refuses to photoshop in the Grail and make it complete.

maybe the quote IS the grail..........................all this time I thought it was the Crystal.

:bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2011, 11:51:15 PM »

maybe the quote IS the grail.........................

And again, as in years past, I offer to you....

I, We, They......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2011, 11:57:11 PM »
And again, as in years past, I offer to you....

I, We, They......

The Plan.  The Plan has been in place for all time.  It is in motion.  You can not alter or thwart or subvert The Plan.  The Plan shall Prevail.

I, We, They...............Us, The Illuminati

:bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2011, 12:43:51 AM »
Fuck, people.  Read and try to comprehend what Prowler has said 1000 times. He loves, loves, loves Tommy Tuberville and what he did in the entire body of work at Auburn.  Not one person...even Prowler has disputed that.  But his last year or two SUCKED!!!! PERIOD!!! For a myriad of reasons, his coaching, his management of assistants etc. was awful.  You've all said countless times, it was time to move on.  Really??? Really???

Why is that?

That's been Prowler's point from the beginning. For WHATEVER reasons, he lost it at Auburn University. And fuck the notion that he can't be criticized, analyzed or succumb to a proctoscope up his ass. He was paid MEGA-SKWAZILLIONS to coach and to leave.  He was great. I've said that.  Prowler's said that.  But he left this program in a hole and Chizik & Co. took what he left, added to it, worked their asses off and won a MNC.  This is not a comparison to Tubs.  He put/kept AU on the map.  There were definitely good things that he left behind.  But if he's going to receive MILLIONS of dollars from my University and from MY tax dollars...he's fair game for praise AND criticism.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2011, 01:18:42 AM »
Fuck, people.  Read and try to comprehend what Prowler has said 1000 times. He loves, loves, loves Tommy Tuberville and what he did in the entire body of work at Auburn.  Not one person...even Prowler has disputed that.  But his last year or two SUCKED!!!! PERIOD!!! For a myriad of reasons, his coaching, his management of assistants etc. was awful.  You've all said countless times, it was time to move on.  Really??? Really???

Why is that?

That's been Prowler's point from the beginning. For WHATEVER reasons, he lost it at Auburn University. And fuck the notion that he can't be criticized, analyzed or succumb to a proctoscope up his ass. He was paid MEGA-SKWAZILLIONS to coach and to leave.  He was great. I've said that.  Prowler's said that.  But he left this program in a hole and Chizik & Co. took what he left, added to it, worked their asses off and won a MNC.  This is not a comparison to Tubs.  He put/kept AU on the map.  There were definitely good things that he left behind.  But if he's going to receive MILLIONS of dollars from my University and from MY tax dollars...he's fair game for praise AND criticism.   
What movie is that from?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2011, 01:40:07 AM »

Why is that?

Bingo.  But for some reason, he's too awesome to be criticized.  Yet, Coach Chizik who is coming off a National Championship and been a part of 3 Undefeated Teams can be criticized by everyone under the sun?  People like Kaos and JR are to blame!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2011, 03:01:10 AM »

:haha:

Prowler slumps in dragging a dead horse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2011, 03:09:09 AM »

Why is that?

No, Snag.  That's not ever what he's said. 

Lets try this one:  Tuberville recruits the first top 20 class in Texas Tech history.
Prowler's response?  "Carried the same shitty recruiting to Texas Tech he did at Auburn. He sucked. It's easy to recruit in Texas." 

Or this:  "Many of the players who led Auburn to the national title were Tuberville recruits."
Prowler: Blah, blah, blah, cupboard bare. Only 70 players. Sucked.  Chizik recruited Fairley, Onterrio and Lutz even if he didn't. 

Or this: "Auburn won the national title."
Prowler:  "HAHAHA I bet Tuberville's pissed!"

Or this:  Eddie Gran is without a job four or five weeks before he lands at Tennessee.
Prowler: "Tuberville's assistants fucking suck. If Gran was so fucking good why didn't he get a job already?"

No, Snag, that's not what Prowler's ever said.  Fuck him.  When it comes to Tuberville he acts EXACTLY like a douchebag bama fan. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 03:18:41 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2011, 04:12:29 AM »

Why is that?

This every fucking work and fuck Kaos, you quit on us bitch and I'll never forget that you big fucking pussy. Next time you see me say something you bitch, I'll put the fear of god in you pansy ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2011, 05:52:17 AM »
No, Snag.  That's not ever what he's said. 

Lets try this one:  Tuberville recruits the first top 20 class in Texas Tech history.
Prowler's response?  "Carried the same shitty recruiting to Texas Tech he did at Auburn. He sucked. It's easy to recruit in Texas." 

Or this:  "Many of the players who led Auburn to the national title were Tuberville recruits."
Prowler: Blah, blah, blah, cupboard bare. Only 70 players. Sucked.  Chizik recruited Fairley, Onterrio and Lutz even if he didn't. 

Or this: "Auburn won the national title."
Prowler:  "HAHAHA I bet Tuberville's pissed!"

Or this:  Eddie Gran is without a job four or five weeks before he lands at Tennessee.
Prowler: "Tuberville's assistants fucking suck. If Gran was so fucking good why didn't he get a job already?"

No, Snag, that's not what Prowler's ever said.  Fuck him.  When it comes to Tuberville he acts EXACTLY like a douchebag bama fan. 
Keep making shit up, it's what you do best.  Learn how to fuckin' read before you write something else...or just quit again before you're made to eat another plate of Crow.

On to the quotes.  Whenever quoting someone, don't add to it without parenthesis.  You give the reader a false quote by not doing so.  When quoting me...don't try and post what you think I mean and stop being a little fuckin' mommy part by taking everything people say to the extreme.

Quote #1: It is easy to recruit Texas, you stupid fuck.

Quote #2: The cupboard was fucking BARE in '09, and we were Damn Lucky not to have a handful of injuries this year...if we would've, there probably would've been a freshman coming to fill in or a player that signed in '09.  Coach Chizik did have to re-recruit Lutzenkirchen (FSU, UGA and SPuat came calling) and Ontario McCalebb (Clemson was calling).  Lutzenkirchen, McCalebb and Nick Fairley did sign with Coach Chizik.

Quote #3:  Never said anything about CTT being pissed.  I've just said that CTT wouldn't have been able to take us there this year, which would've been his 12th year.  How do I know this?  Coach Malzahn, Coach Troop, Coach Loop, Coach Boulware, Coach Grimes, Coach Thigpen and Coach Rock would've never been brought on board.  We would've kept Coach Nall (He put out some great Offensive Linemen, but it seemed as if he too lost his fire), Coach Ensminger (can't break up the BBQ gang), Coach Dunn (I'd take Coach Rock over Coach Dunn and I think he was a heck of a DL coach), Coach Willis (I haven't been impressed with either his coaching or recruiting).

Quote #4: I've ALWAYS thought that Coach Gran was CTT's best position coach.  I was more astonished that his name hadn't come up earlier than it did....If I remember correctly he was being looked over by a few schools.  I'm happy that he got out of UT, he was miserable there, his style didn't mesh with Coach Kiffin's Band of Looneys.  I still feel that he will be the only position coach, from CTT's former staff, that actually goes on to become extremely successful in coaching.

Does that clear things up for everyone.  Eat Shit Kaos.  Oh yeah, all that "I" posted is Fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »
It's nice to be home. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2011, 09:22:02 AM »
It's nice to be home.

Home is where the ghey posts and movie quotes are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."