Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scarbinsky On Saban's Oversigning...

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
Re: Scarbinsky On Saban's Oversigning...
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
What are you talking about? You need to look again...I mean really you sound like a crazy person.

where is the TROPHY!?!?!??

WDE
 :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2011, 01:56:05 PM »
Sarcasm is anger's ugly cousin

I'm going to need you to retard your anger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2011, 02:06:07 PM »
Larry Coker says hold up on the statue.  But he appreciates your stance.

Funny....

But you know those situations are polar opposites.

Tubs left under different reasons than Davis. At The U, the staff stayed intact. It was no rebuilding effort. They were loaded to the gills. At Auburn there was a regime change and rebuilding of culture in the fb program.  It's pretty apparent Gene worked his ass off. 70 scholarship players last year to a nc in one year. Give credit where its due. The fact is these players did something under Chiz that is special. I would more liken Coker to Tater Tot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2011, 02:09:44 PM »
I'm going to need you to retard your anger.

Geez, no slippy-flippy's or angry masterbating?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »
Larry Coker says hold up on the statue.  But he appreciates your stance.

That's a big stretch even for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »
Funny....

But you know those situations are polar opposites.

Tubs left under different reasons than Davis. At The U, the staff stayed intact. It was no rebuilding effort. They were loaded to the gills. At Auburn there was a regime change and rebuilding of culture in the fb program.  It's pretty apparent Gene worked his ass off. 70 scholarship players last year to a nc in one year. Give credit where its due. The fact is these players did something under Chiz that is special. I would more liken Coker to Tater Tot.

Didn't say he didn't do a good job.  Said it plenty of times.  It was a special season and one where everything bounced the right way. 

There are a lot of guys who found the magic one time.   McCartney, Fulmer, Stallings, Bobby Ross, Don James, Spurrier (yep, just one), Lavell Edwards, Schnellenberger, Dooley (yep, just one), Jimmy Johnson, Dan Devine, Danny Ford...

Some of those guys are legends.  Others just meh.

But if you're going to give credit, stop with the bullshit "cupboards was bare" noise that Prowler lives by.  Chizik made it happen.  Or if you prefer, the convergence of Malzahn and Newton made it happen. But most of the major contributors were brought to AU while Tuberville was here.  You've seen the list.  No need to rehash that.  And no need to pretend that Fairley was a Chizik recruit.  Or that Lutz or Onterrio were either.  Tuberville had them, Chizik reconfirmed.  It wasn't like he had to go out and discover them.  Due credick. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2011, 02:21:22 PM »
That's a big stretch even for you.

He was bagging my groceries.  I saw the ring.  He offered his opinion.  What can I say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2011, 02:25:14 PM »
He was bagging my groceries.  I saw the ring.  He offered his opinion.  What can I say.

Are we talking about Darvin Adams now?

What?  Too soon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2011, 02:31:47 PM »
CTT was on John and Barry out of Montgomery yesterday. Good interview.  He was all class and had nothing but great things to say about this staff and team.  Said he was so nervous, he could barely watch the BCS game.

Don't know if they have a site where you can pull up the interview but it'd be worth the listen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »
CTT was on John and Barry out of Montgomery yesterday. Good interview.  He was all class and had nothing but great things to say about this staff and team.  Said he was so nervous, he could barely watch the BCS game.

Don't know if they have a site where you can pull up the interview but it'd be worth the listen.

You go to school with Longshore?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 03:10:38 PM »

Couldn't find the interview, but this sounds similar.

DALLAS, Tex. – Former Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville guided the Tigers to an undefeated season but, in one of the greatest BCS controversies, never played for a national championship. Attending the American Football Coaches Association Convention this week, the former Tigers coach was beaming with pride when talking about his old school winning a national title Monday night.

But he had to confess that he just couldn’t watch Auburn raise up the trophy live.

“You know, I didn’t watch what happened,” Tuberville said. “I got so nervous because a lot of those kids are mine. I told my wife, we’re going to go eat and I’ll tape it. After I knew who won, I came back and stayed up and watched it in the middle of the night.

“That’s hard what they just did. They could have lost three or four games.”

Tuberville was head coach at Auburn from 1999 to 2008, including an undefeated season in 2004. He recruited many of the upperclassmen on the team, including Defensive MVP Nick Fairley.

“We recruited him. We watched him play basketball and you could see it coming,” Tuberville said. “He just didn’t have the grades (out of high school). We stayed with him out of high school, got him in junior college.”

In addition to Fairley, Tuberville pointed out one other leftover from his time on the Plains that helped fuel the championship run.

“The guy that probably doesn’t get enough credit though, is Kevin Yoxall, the strength coach,” he said. “We always had senior banquets at the end of the year and every year, every player would thank one guy. That’s Kevin Yoxall.

“When I walked out the door at Auburn, I said I don’t know who you’re going to keep but that’s the one guy you better keep. And they did. That’s the only thing they listened to me about.”

Tuberville is entering his second season as head coach at Texas Tech.

:monkey: :monkey:  :monkey:  :monkey:  :monkey:  :monkey:  :monkey:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2011, 03:13:40 PM »

Don't be ridiculous.  That was obviously an imposter.  Prowler said he was jealous, bitter and angry.  Tuberville was a BBQ eating bastard who cared more for himself and dead ducks than he did anything or anybody else.  He couldn't possibly have derived any joy or happiness from watching Auburn succeed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2011, 03:29:48 PM »
You go to school with Longshore?

Longshore was my brother's age and went to school with him at Montgomery Academy and Bama.  He lived over on Boxwood a few blocks behind JD.  I like that show and believe it or not, Longshore's blatant Bammerism.  He'll punk Bama at the drop of a hat if needed but mostly, it's just him and Barry ripping on each other.  Don't know how much Doug Amos still does around there.  He was my age and I knew him since grade school.  Over the top Bammer but little known fact, he flunked out with a .00 Buckshot grade point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2011, 03:34:02 PM »
Couldn't find the interview, but this sounds similar.

:monkey: :monkey:  :monkey:  :monkey:  :monkey:  :monkey:  :monkey:

Yeah, he said a lot of the same things in the interview.  Longshore asked him to compare the Big 12 to the SEC on athletes and game day experiences.  He said they have just as many talented skill position players in the Big 12...just smaller. I found that funny.  Also said most, not all, but most SEC schools are rabid about game day but places like Oklahomo and Texass are equally crazy places to play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2011, 04:08:56 PM »
Longshore was my brother's age and went to school with him at Montgomery Academy and Bama.  He lived over on Boxwood a few blocks behind JD.  I like that show and believe it or not, Longshore's blatant Bammerism.  He'll punk Bama at the drop of a hat if needed but mostly, it's just him and Barry ripping on each other.  Don't know how much Doug Amos still does around there.  He was my age and I knew him since grade school.  Over the top Bammer but little known fact, he flunked out with a .00 Buckshot grade point.

Longshore went to Jeff Davis I thought. He played football and was in my dad's class...or so the story goes...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2011, 04:17:03 PM »
But he appreciates your stance.

Wide?  I had no idea Larry was fabulous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
Longshore went to Jeff Davis I thought. He played football and was in my dad's class...or so the story goes...

I believe you are correct on the high school thing. I know he went to M.A. earlier because he and my brother always hung out.  I had gone off to AU by the time he hit high school. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »
This has got to be the most all-over-the-place thread in the history of this board. (and that is saying a lot)

I think we have 3-4 different conversations going on.

I don't even know what the fuck we are talking about anymore.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 04:24:57 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2011, 04:25:35 PM »
This has got to be the most all-over-the-place thread in the history of this board. (and that is saying a lot)

I think we have 3-4 different conversations going on.

Speaking of history, did you know Brett Fah-vray was never the Super Bowl MVP? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2011, 04:30:56 PM »
Speaking of history, did you know Brett Fah-vray was never the Super Bowl MVP?

Desmond Howard was, I'd put my money on Simms.  Paaaawl the FBI is gonna raid Auburn on Friday, I know a friend of a guy, who's friends with a waiter that overheard the whole thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum